Author Topic: SpaceX Crew Dragon Launch Live Thread Launch: Saturday, May 30 at 3:22 p.m. ET  (Read 4119 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I still think it takes a ton of guts to sit on the top of that thing when they light it...

Especially being the first one harkening back to those brave guys of the first Mercury, first Gemini, Apollo VIII, and first STS launches.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EdinVA

Especially being the first one harkening back to those brave guys of the first Mercury, first Gemini, Apollo VIII, and first STS launches.

Yes... The first few tests of the mercury blew up....

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A glorious day!  Another O'Bastard dream, shot straight to Hell.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

I still think it takes a ton of guts to sit on the top of that thing when they light it...
Absolutely. Scary as all get out.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline kevindavis007

"By 2024 our astronauts will return to the lunar surface to establish a permanent presence and a launching pad to Mars. And the first woman on the Moon will be an American woman."
-- President Donald J. Trump
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline kevindavis007

Yes... The first few tests of the mercury blew up....

The Guys from the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo programs had balls of steel..

Offline DB

Well done!

Can we get to Mars?

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I missed it. There was a family thing that was high priority.

Do you know where I can see it?

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I missed it. There was a family thing that was high priority.

Do you know where I can see it?

Here's one: https://www.spacex.com/launches/

Online libertybele

A glorious day!  Another O'Bastard dream, shot straight to Hell.

Ya well, it's unfortunate that most of the country was focused on the massive riots.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
https://www.space.com/spacex-demo-2-astronauts-space-station-docking-webcast.html

Today, after about 19 hours in transit, Behnken and Hurley's vehicle will soar up to the International Space Station and dock with the orbiting laboratory. Docking is scheduled to occur at 10:30 a.m. EDT (1430 GMT), although that timing is subject to change.

"We're looking forward to rendezvousing with the space station today," Hurley radioed SpaceX's mission operations team in Hawthorne, California.

You can watch the SpaceX docking live here, courtesy of NASA TV, or directly from NASA here.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
https://www.nasa.gov/nasalive

NASA Live
How to stream NASA TV

NASA TV schedule (including mission events)
Next Live Events
(all times EDT)

May 31, Sunday

10:29 a.m. – Docking
12:45 p.m. – Hatch Open
1:15 p.m. – Welcome ceremony
3:15 p.m. – Post-arrival news conference at Johnson

NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine
    Johnson Space Center Director Mark Geyer
    NASA Chief Astronaut Pat Forrester

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Soft Capture

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Docking Sequence Complete

Offline kevindavis007

Well done!

Can we get to Mars?

How about Titan??

Offline EdinVA

How about Titan??

I would settle for a Park...  :thud:

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Hatch Equalization taking place.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Go for Hatch Opening

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Dragon Hatch to ISS Opened

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

How about Titan??

Titan would be cool or Enceladus or Europa.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley enter ISS.

Online mountaineer

Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley enter ISS.
The announcers refer to them only by first names, Bob and Doug. Of course, all I can think of is:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
NASA Astronauts pilot SpaceX Crew Dragon manually during their voyage to the Space Station

TESMANIAN  by Evelyn Arevalo June 01, 2020

https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tesmanian-blog/pilot-mission

SpaceX formed a partnership with NASA under the agency's Commercial Crew Program which funded Crew Dragon's development. SpaceX performed its first crewed mission on May 30, a Falcon 9 rocket lifted off from historic Launch Complex 39A at the John F. Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Florida. NASA Astronauts Robert “Bob” Behnken and Douglas “Doug” Hurley were launched into orbit aboard the Crew Dragon spacecraft. The successful deployment returned human spacecraft capabilities to the United States. NASA had not launched astronauts from American soil since 2011.The mission is called Demo-2, it is a demonstration test flight to test out all of Dragon’s capabilities. The astronauts named the first SpaceX Dragon to carry humans - Endeavour. "We both had our first flights on Shuttle Endeavour, and it just meant so much to us to carry on that name," Hurley shared.

Crew Dragon is capable of operating autonomously, however, during Demo-2, Behnken and Hurley performed the first manual test flight.  Both, have extensive experience as military pilots and performed two Space Shuttle missions to the orbiting laboratory. Hurley was pilot on two space shuttle missions, including the last shuttle flight in 2011. Hurley is a veteran Marine Corps test pilot, and Behnken was an Air Force flight test engineer before NASA selected them as astronauts. They helped SpaceX design the spacecraft’s interface and features. “Ultimately they decided on a touchscreen interface,” Hurley said. “Of course, growing up as a pilot my whole career, having a certain way to control the vehicle, this is certainly different. But we went into it with a very open mind, I think, and worked with them to kind of refine the way that you interface with a touchscreen and the way that your touch is actually registered on the displays in order to be able to fly it cleanly and not make mistakes touching it, and potentially putting in a wrong input, those kinds of things.”

Dragon’s operation is very different than the Space Shuttle, its cockpit had over one thousand switches, buttons and joysticks to operate the systems and spacecraft, pictured above. Dragon’s control system is a trio of sleek touchscreen computers, the craft only has a few buttons that are to trigger emergency operations. The SpaceX spacesuit's gloves are specially designed to function with the touchscreens.  Dragon's displays provide real-time information on anything from its position in space, to possible destinations, and the environment onboard. A simple tap on a screen is capable of igniting Dragon’s integrated space thrusters to slightly alter the craft's direction. Both astronauts collaborated with SpaceX to design interior controls and display features in the Dragon spacecraft, "Every display and every procedure that is presented to crews in the future is going to have multiple items...that are our inputs," Behnken shared.

More at link.

Online libertybele

With all this mayhem ... those 2 astronauts are fortunate.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.