Author Topic: Fox's Perino presses Trump official on Scarborough tweets: 'How does this help the president win?'  (Read 1022 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fox's Perino presses Trump official on Scarborough tweets: 'How does this help the president win?'
By Joe Concha - 05/27/20 05:24 PM EDT

Fox News anchor Dana Perino pressed Trump campaign spokesman Tim Murtaugh on President Trump's tweets promoting a conspiracy theory about MSNBC host Joe Scarborough's role in the death of a staffer, asking Murtaugh how the posts "help the president win an election in November?"

Trump has in recent days repeatedly tweeted unfounded claims about the death of Lori Klausutis, an aide who worked in Scarborough's congressional office when he represented Florida as a GOP House member.

"There’s these ongoing tweets from the president and comments from the White House about the tweets in regard to Joe Scarborough and the intern that died in the office," Perino, a former George W. Bush White House press secretary, said. "The coroner said she had a heart defect that was undetected until she had actually passed away. And the president continues to tweet about this and talk about this and I wonder, from your perspective at the campaign, how does this help the President win an election in November?"

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/499807-foxs-perino-presses-trump-official-on-scarborough-tweets-how-does-this-help
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Trump bad boy

He snapped after being called a Russian spy for nearly 4 yrs.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Trump bad boy

And when he was spreading the same false rumor 3 years ago?

Your ability and willingness to excuse any and all bad behavior of his is just plain disturbing.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
asking Murtaugh how the posts "help the president win an election in November?"

It doesn't help one bit.

It just helps strengthen the arguments of the Max Boot's, Bill Kristol's, Joe Walsh's and Jonah Goldberg's out there that a GOP alternative is needed.

This is one of those cases where Trump is his own worst enemy at a time when he needs to be the adult in the room.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline LegalAmerican

Dana is a lefty.  I DON'T care she worked for Bush.  SHE IS A LEFT. I can't stand her.

Offline skeeter

Trump bad boy

And a Nazi. And a racist. Enabler of pandemics. yadda yadda yadda.

So I have no problem with Trump's tweets. I think they've served a useful purpose going around a less than useless rat media.

Unless those tweets might undermine support, jeopardize his re-election and so all of the work he needs to do over the next four years.

This tiff, IMO, is not helpful. I see no upside here. He should drop it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Dana is a lefty.  I DON'T care she worked for Bush.  SHE IS A LEFT. I can't stand her.

OFFS! No she's not.  I don't care what you or your other personality say.  She is definitely NOT a lefty.

Go get a grip on yourself.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump bad boy

And its going to keep going if elected because Trump is keeping it going.  Nothing more important.  Your comment is boring.  Same old, same old.  Has to be an excuse for everything and that works for everything.  Right?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Absalom

According to all who knew her, Anne MacLeod, was a woman
of class, distinction and values, which she never lost sight of.
As such, the Almighty was merciful in sparing her the sight
and sound of the current buffoon wandering the WH; her son Donald!!!

Offline skeeter

And its going to keep going if elected because Trump is keeping it going.  Nothing more important.  Your comment is boring.  Same old, same old.  Has to be an excuse for everything and that works for everything.  Right?

Lol. You have some nerve.

Offline Chosen Daughter

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Dear Dana,

You are on shaky ground.  Just sit down and shut up.  It is not acceptable to talk bad about Donald Trump.

Sarcasm.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 03:20:12 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline skeeter

Offline Chosen Daughter

Not in a good way.

To you.  I am glad I have nerve.  Otherwise I would be a little Trump slave.

Offline skeeter

To you.  I am glad I have nerve.  Otherwise I would be a little Trump slave.

What a strange world you live in.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I always wondered what would be the AT reaction if Trump did something as reprehensible as what he has done to this greiving family.

As predictable as a clock strike.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

as what he has done to this greiving family.

Does anyone know what settlement the (still) "grieving" (20 years later) husband received  --- and the terms? 

Asking for a friend.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Does anyone know what settlement the (still) "grieving" (20 years later) husband received  --- and the terms? 

Asking for a friend.

And who cares?  None of my business.  The family wants Trump to stop.  Stop!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Asking for a friend.

Wow...you people can rationalize or justify ANYTHING this POTUS says or does, no matter how it may effect people....   Proud of yourself?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Wow...you people can rationalize or justify ANYTHING this POTUS says or does, no matter how it may effect people....   Proud of yourself?

No rationalization was offered @catfish1957

When a Congressional staffer dies (especially with newspaper headlines) money changes hands.  Period. 

Reading your concern for the "grieving family"  -- I couldn't help but hope the settlement was enough to get the (still) grieving widower comfortably through the last 20 years.   :laugh:

So, to be clear:  Not rationalizing ... just laughing at and ridiculing your "grieving family" post.--- You jumped the shark trying to condemn the President with that one.

But thanks for the laugh.   :silly:

« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 04:53:57 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher

So, to be clear:  Not rationalizing ... just laughing at and ridiculing your "grieving family" post.--- You jumped the shark trying to condemn the President with that one.

Hey why don't you give us some details of some loved ones you've lost in the past number of years, so we can dig up some specuation, innuendo, and other assorted dirt.  Maybe we can spread it out over 2 or 3 other conservative forums for fun.  Sounds like a good time, don't you think?  So yes, your bull shit post, is crap. And sadly, you must be one heartless _______.

These people don't deserve this kind of crap, from a POTUS that should have 10,000 more important things to worry about.  GEEEEEEEZ!!!!!

Offline Chosen Daughter

No rationalization was offered @catfish1957

When a Congressional staffer dies (especially with newspaper headlines) money changes hands.  Period. 

Reading your concern for the "grieving family"  -- I couldn't help but hope the settlement was enough to get the (still) grieving widower comfortably through the last 20 years.   :laugh:

Well that explains everything, about you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Hey why don't you give us some details of some loved ones you've lost in the past number of years, so we can dig up some specuation, innuendo, and other assorted dirt.  Maybe we can spread it out over 2 or 3 other conservative forums for fun.  Sounds like a good time, don't you think?  So yes, your bull shit post, is crap. And sadly, you must be one heartless _______.

These people don't deserve this kind of crap, from a POTUS that should have 10,000 more important things to worry about.  GEEEEEEEZ!!!!!

^  Thank you!

You seem quite emotionally invested in this and sound rather confused.    I hope you're able to put this aside for now and get some rest. 

:bighug:

@catfish1957

Offline Chosen Daughter

You seem quite emotionally invested in this and sound rather confused.    I hope you're able to put this aside for now and get some rest. 

:bighug:

@catfish1957

You should give it a rest.