Author Topic: Kathy Griffin: Stabbing Trump with syringe containing 'nothing but air inside'...  (Read 1581 times)

Offline Applewood

She deserves to be arrested.

Thing is, I don't know what she said constitutes a direct threat.  Might just be construed as the fantasy of a has-been comedienne with two much time on her hands and an obsession with Trump. 

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
She definitely has Death on her brain.
We could have used her.
Wish I would have recruited her, like 50 or 100 years ago.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This woman Griffin is supposed to be a comedienne, or something?
Really...?

Offline Applewood

Really...?

Her schtick is what passes for comedy these days.  Not my cup of tea.  As far as I can tell, it looks like she hasn't been so active in her career since the severed head incident. 

I miss then old-time comedians who were actually funny, who talked mostly about everyday things and who didn't hit the audience over the head with social justice and political karp. 

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Really...?

@Fishrrman

As far as I can tell,she was a 2nd string cast member on a tv sitcom at the height of her popularity,and once that show was cancelled she was never offered another tv job,and none of her fellow cast members would even talk to her.

That was in the 70's or 80's.

So she branched out and became a comedienne that specialized in entertaining "the gays",who were happy to accept ANYONE that accepted them.

Funny true story. I saw her on tv entertainment news one night on a charter jet going somewhere in the Pacific (Hawaii?),and the jet was chartered by some homosexual organization that had hired her to provide comic relief. For some odd reason she stood up in the front of the plane and stripped down to a lace bra. I have NO freaking idea WHY she thought that would appeal to a plane full of homosexual men,but I kinda liked it. Nice rack.

I think "the gays" have now abandoned her,too.

IIRC,the last I saw her on tv was on one of those short segments on "Entertainment Tonight",and she was filmed at home with her mother,who runs her fan club,and it was said she was promoting her stand up shows.

Which means she doesn't have a producer OR an agent.

What she DOES have is an obsession with being a famous star and being on tv all the time.

Truth to tell,she should probably be committed somewhere for her own good.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 12:14:35 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Her schtick is what passes for comedy these days.  Not my cup of tea.  As far as I can tell, it looks like she hasn't been so active in her career since the severed head incident. 

I miss then old-time comedians who were actually funny, who talked mostly about everyday things and who didn't hit the audience over the head with social justice and political karp.

@Applewood

Johnathan Winters,Buddy Hackett,and Groucho were my favorites,although Robin Williams was good,too. I would stay up past midnight to catch any of them on the Carson Show,even when I had to get up at 5 am to go to work.

I think the funniest Carson Show I ever saw had Carson come out and warn his audience that "the warm up is going to go long tonight because my guests  are Robin Williams and Johnathan Winters,and I might not get to speak again for the rest of the night."

He wasn't wrong,either. They came out and started bouncing stuff off each other so quickly Carson couldn't get a word in. He just sat there like an audience member and laughed his ass off.

Buddy Hackett was always the "dangerous one". There was an evil 8 year old boy that lived inside that fat old Jewish body,and NOBODY ever knew what HE was going to say if he escaped,but you could look in Hackett's eyes and see him trying to get out. DAMN,but that man was funny!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 12:24:52 am by sneakypete »

Offline Applewood

@sneakypete

As a kid in the 1950s, I watched Groucho host You Bet Your Life, but I didn't really appreciate his talents till I saw his movies with his brothers.  Groucho could fire off jokes so fast, you could never really recover from each one before the next one hit you. At the end of the movie, my sides would hurt and would continue to hurt for a day or so afterwards. 

Jonathan Winters and Robin Williams had a special relationship.  Both had an amazing talent for taking an object -- any object -- and ad libbing a joke about it.  I believe Williams honed that talent through his friendship with Winters.  Winters passed away maybe a year or so before Williams and there is a story (don't know that it's true) that Winters' passing may have contributed to the depression which ultimately caused Williams to take his life. 

You mentioned their appearance on Carson.  Is this it?

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@sneakypete

Jonathan Winters and Robin Williams had a special relationship.  Both had an amazing talent for taking an object -- any object -- and ad libbing a joke about it.  I believe Williams honed that talent through his friendship with Winters.  Winters passed away maybe a year or so before Williams and there is a story (don't know that it's true) that Winters' passing may have contributed to the depression which ultimately caused Williams to take his life. 

Winters and Williams may have been among the greatest of all Improv comedians.  Truly amazing they were able to collaborate.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Victoria33

I don't agree.
She threatened a sitting President.  That's a crime for which she should be prosecuted.
@musiclady

Trump, on twitter, accused Joe Scarborough (MSNBC) of murder; Trump should be charged with a crime just as Kathy Griffin should be charged.

What would all you on this board, do, if someone, on twitter, accused you of murder?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 02:02:20 am by Victoria33 »

Offline musiclady

@musiclady

Trump, on twitter, accused Joe Scarborough (MSNBC) of murder; Trump should be charged with a crime just as Kathy Griffin should be charged.

What would all you on this board, do, if someone, on twitter, accused you of murder?

She didn’t accuse him of murder. She proposed a plan to murder him.

I see a big difference there.

Trump is an idiot.  A complete buffoon.

But I think it’s a serious offense to offer a plan to kill him.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

She didn’t accuse him of murder. She proposed a plan to murder him.

I see a big difference there.

Trump is an idiot.  A complete buffoon.

But I think it’s a serious offense to offer a plan to kill him.

She's part of Hollywood where anything anti-Trump is acceptable and in fact applauded by the vast majority.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

As a kid in the 1950s, I watched Groucho host You Bet Your Life, but I didn't really appreciate his talents till I saw his movies with his brothers.  Groucho could fire off jokes so fast, you could never really recover from each one before the next one hit you. At the end of the movie, my sides would hurt and would continue to hurt for a day or so afterwards. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

@Applewood

Yup,I believe it is.

BTW,I just remembered  more comedy greats. Tim Conway,Harvey Corman,and Carol Burnette on the old Carol Burnette Show.

Offline Applewood

@Applewood

Yup,I believe it is.

BTW,I just remembered  more comedy greats. Tim Conway,Harvey Corman,and Carol Burnette on the old Carol Burnette Show.

@sneakypete

Oh yeah.  They were a great team.  Particularly fun watching Harvey Korman break up in skits with Tim Conway.  Korman would try so hard to be serious, but he would never succeed.  Carol Burnett was better at keeping a straight face, but every once in a while, she would lose it too.    One of the "oldies" tv channels locally carries reruns of the Carol Burnett Show.  40-50 or so years later, the Carol Burnett Show is still as funny as ever.

And IMHO Burnett was underappreciated as a dramatic actress.  I just saw a rerun of a crime show where she played a "black widow" who had her nephew knock off four husbands.  Her character started off very charming and sympathetic, but in the end she uttered a line "we all do what we have to."  Doesn't sound so bad in print, but when Burnett said it, that line was chilling. 

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

And IMHO Burnett was underappreciated as a dramatic actress.  I just saw a rerun of a crime show where she played a "black widow" who had her nephew knock off four husbands.  Her character started off very charming and sympathetic, but in the end she uttered a line "we all do what we have to."  Doesn't sound so bad in print, but when Burnett said it, that line was chilling.

@Applewood

I remember seeing that,and being impressed,too.

Another that might surprise some people was Andy Griffith playing a psycho serial killer in an old black and white murder/horror show. He was flat-out terrifying.

I have heard it said,and believe it to be true,that if you can be a successful comedy actor,you can handle any sort of role.

Offline musiclady

@sneakypete

Oh yeah.  They were a great team.  Particularly fun watching Harvey Korman break up in skits with Tim Conway.  Korman would try so hard to be serious, but he would never succeed.  Carol Burnett was better at keeping a straight face, but every once in a while, she would lose it too.    One of the "oldies" tv channels locally carries reruns of the Carol Burnett Show.  40-50 or so years later, the Carol Burnett Show is still as funny as ever.

She was SO CREEPY in that role!  I can hardly watch it!!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@musiclady

How do you even compare Trumps statement with Griffin's? Accusing someone of a crime, and really there are many questions about the young ladies death and the incompetent medical examiners conclusions, and someone advocating for the death of another let alone a sitting President(whether you like him or not) are most definitely not the same thing.

And if someone accused me of murder on Twitter I would just ignore it, hey isn't that what everyone says Trump should do when others accuse him of all sorts of heinous things on social and news media? 

Online GtHawk

Winters and Williams may have been among the greatest of all Improv comedians.  Truly amazing they were able to collaborate.
They were exceptional, but don't underrate others such as Sic Caesar or Red Skelton, there are many fine comedians that people are no longer familiar with because they aren't hip or meet the foul language requirement. There used to comedians like Buddy Hackett and Don Rickles, among others,that were equally funny in a family format or blue adult and they were very fast on rejoinders.

Offline Applewood

@GtHawk

I was a tiny mite during Sid Caesar's heyday, but the Red Skelton Show was a staple in our house.   However, Skelton had his serious side too.  This explanation of each word in the Pledge of Allegiance is classic.  Note what he says at the end about the phrase "under God."

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online GtHawk

@GtHawk

I was a tiny mite during Sid Caesar's heyday, but the Red Skelton Show was a staple in our house.   However, Skelton had his serious side too.  This explanation of each word in the Pledge of Allegiance is classic.  Note what he says at the end about the phrase "under God."

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
Watched his show, saw his show in person twice(not TV) and spoke with him in person at his shop in Orange, CA. several times before he passed away. Red Skelton was a decent and very patriotic man who ended every show with a heartfelt 'God Bless'.

Offline skeeter

Watched his show, saw his show in person twice(not TV) and spoke with him in person at his shop in Orange, CA. several times before he passed away. Red Skelton was a decent and very patriotic man who ended every show with a heartfelt 'God Bless'.

Its amazing how accessible celebrities used to be. Moe Howard used to run a barbershop. My mom babysat for Cyd Charise & saw William Holden strolling along in central LA on a Sunday morning.

I don't know if dad would be happy about me saying this but he once got into a shoving match with Mickey Rooney over a bar stool.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Its amazing how accessible celebrities used to be. Moe Howard used to run a barbershop. My mom babysat for Cyd Charise & saw William Holden strolling along in central LA on a Sunday morning.

I don't know if dad would be happy about me saying this but he once got into a shoving match with Mickey Rooney over a bar stool.

@skeeter

NEVER get between an Irishman and a bar stool.

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

NEVER get between an Irishman and a bar stool.

Lol. Top notch!