Author Topic: Andrew Cuomo gave immunity to nursing home execs after big campaign donations  (Read 509 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Andrew Cuomo gave immunity to nursing home execs after big campaign donations

Critics say data proves New York’s liability shield is linked to higher nursing home death rates during the pandemic

As Governor Andrew Cuomo faced a spirited challenge in his bid to win New York’s 2018 Democratic primary, his political apparatus got a last-minute boost: a powerful healthcare industry group suddenly poured more than $1m into a Democratic committee backing his campaign.

Less than two years after that flood of cash from the Greater New York Hospital Association (GNYHA), Cuomo signed legislation last month quietly shielding hospital and nursing home executives from the threat of lawsuits stemming from the coronavirus outbreak. The provision, inserted into an annual budget bill by Cuomo’s aides, created one of the nation’s most explicit immunity protections for healthcare industry officials, according to legal experts.

Critics say Cuomo removed a key deterrent against nursing home and hospital corporations cutting corners in ways that jeopardize lives. As those critics now try to repeal the provision during this final week of Albany’s legislative session, they assert that data prove such immunity is correlating to higher nursing home death rates during the pandemic – both in New York and in other states enacting similar immunity policies.

more
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/26/andrew-cuomo-nursing-home-execs-immunity
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I’m literally gobsmacked
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Corruptocracy...exposed.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Corruptocracy...exposed.

Sounds like the potential indictment list is getting larger.  Cuomo's geriatricidal resume' would make some WWII Nazis proud.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

Corruptocracy...exposed.

... and dismissed by the rat media.

Offline Smokin Joe

... and dismissed by the rat media.
They are part of it, hence the din...of the nufin clan.

Dinsee nufin...

Dindo nufin...

Dinhear nufin...

Dinsay nufin...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline The_Reader_David

The immunity nursing home execs should get in New York should come from Cuomo being made liable for the consequences of his order that they accept COVID-19 positive patients, even though they were not set up to provide proper PPE for staff nor to quarantine infected arrivals, not from a grant of immunity from the state government.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Am curious whether the governor has the legal right to give immunity.

Seems the legislature needs to weigh in with approved legislation if they have not done so on this subject at some other time
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

At some point, there should be Federal Charges. Start at the top and none in the State is immune.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

Doesn't surprise me at all.  This is the same Party that refused to outlaw lynching in the 1930s and filibustered against the Civil Rights Act.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-