Author Topic: 'Not an original Trump thought': White House defends president pushing Scarborough conspiracy theory  (Read 577 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Not an original Trump thought': White House defends president pushing Scarborough conspiracy theory
by Mike Brest
 | May 26, 2020 02:41 PM

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany defended President Trump for repeatedly pushing a conspiracy theory that MSNBC host Joe Scarborough was responsible for the death of one of his former staffers.

During a Tuesday press conference, McEnany was asked about Trump's recent questioning of whether Scarborough was involved in the death of Lori Klausutis, 28, who died in 2001 in Scarborough's Florida congressional office despite the medical examiner concluding her death was accidental.

"I would note that the president said this morning that this is not an original Trump thought, and it is not. In fact, 2003 on Don Imus's show, it was Don Imus and Joe Scarborough that joked about killing an intern, joked and laughed about it. So that was, I'm sure, pretty hurtful to Lori’s family. And Joe Scarborough himself brought this up with Don Imus, and Joe Scarborough himself can answer it," she explained, turning the conversation around on Scarborough by referencing his appearance on Imus's radio show on May 29, 2003.

Klausutis's widower wrote a letter to Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey urging him to take down the tweets from the president alleging she was murdered, to which a Twitter spokesperson apologized. Despite the apology, the platform left the tweets up, explaining that it is "working to expand existing product features and policies so we can more effectively address things like this going forward, and we hope to have those changes in place shortly."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/not-an-original-trump-thought-white-house-defends-president-pushing-scarborough-conspiracy-theory
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Night Hides Not

Don't the denizens occupying the White House have more important things to do? I know his base loves it when Trump is in attack mode, that's the only reason I can come up with.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline GrouchoTex

So the young lady died 19 years ago, and this radio show was 17 years ago?

Why was it necessary to bring this all up now, with every other freakin' thing else that's going on in the world?

Offline PeteS in CA

I find people who for ~3 1/2 years peddled - many continue to peddle - the ludicrously false Trump-Russia Collusion Delusion questioning Trump's reference to a CT wryly amusing. The MSM have a lumberyard of 4x4s to get out of their eyes, ears, and noses.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Applewood

I find people who for ~3 1/2 years peddled - many continue to peddle - the ludicrously false Trump-Russia Collusion Delusion questioning Trump's reference to a CT wryly amusing. The MSM have a lumberyard of 4x4s to get out of their eyes, ears, and noses.

So it's ok for Trump to spread a debunked conspiracy theory because others are spreading other stories?   

This is different.  Trump is not just playing around or sparring with a guy he perceives as an enemy.   By spreading this stupid theory, he is causing great hurt and anxiety for a family that is still grieving the loss of a beloved member.  Mrs. Kausutis' family has nothing at all to do with Trump's melodramatic feud with Scarborough and Trump's insistence in trying to bring them into that feud is wrong, wrong, wrong.  That he, his staff and his supporters see nothing wrong with him continuing to perpetrate this nonsense even though it hurts innocent people shows me what kind  of mean spirited, unfeeling, uncaring people they are. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
How did a woman die in Scarborough's office?

Has he made repeated unsupported charges against Trump?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
So it's ok for Trump to spread a debunked conspiracy theory because others are spreading other stories?   

This is different.  Trump is not just playing around or sparring with a guy he perceives as an enemy.   By spreading this stupid theory, he is causing great hurt and anxiety for a family that is still grieving the loss of a beloved member.  Mrs. Kausutis' family has nothing at all to do with Trump's melodramatic feud with Scarborough and Trump's insistence in trying to bring them into that feud is wrong, wrong, wrong.  That he, his staff and his supporters see nothing wrong with him continuing to perpetrate this nonsense even though it hurts innocent people shows me what kind  of mean spirited, unfeeling, uncaring people they are.

He isn't hurting Scarborough.  He is hurting the family of the woman who died.  President Trump says he is a Christian, but he is the coldest SOB I have ever seen.  What a tiny man.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline PeteS in CA

Where did I say that, @Applewood? That pointed out, one of the earliest "spreaders" of this CT was Joe Scarborough, one of the hypocrites complaining about Trump's comment. So this is a don't-care for me, yet another attempt to Himalayanize and ant hill.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
This is EXACTLY the sort of petty, childish crap that make it so hard for good people to support the President.    It is one thing to criticize one's political opponents,  but to smear them?   As the target of such smears, you'd think that Trump would know better.   Instead he is just making it harder and harder for folks to vote for him.

Meanwhile,  the Libertarian Party just nominated Jo Jorgensen for President.   Check her out.  It is NOT required to clench one's nose to vote.  Just sayin'.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Dr. Jo Jorgensen was the Libertarian Party Vice-Presidential Nominee with Harry Browne in 1996.

Her previous  partner Harry Browne blamed the US for Sep. 11th, 2001

She is yet another kookadoodle

@Jazzhead Why do you waste even one second on such zero probability ventures?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dancer

This is EXACTLY the sort of petty, childish crap that make it so hard for good people to support the President.    It is one thing to criticize one's political opponents,  but to smear them?   As the target of such smears, you'd think that Trump would know better.   Instead he is just making it harder and harder for folks to vote for him.

Meanwhile,  the Libertarian Party just nominated Jo Jorgensen for President.   Check her out.  It is NOT required to clench one's nose to vote.  Just sayin'.
[/quote
Open borders? 

Offline Applewood

Years ago, I was a registered Libertarian for a time because, at least back then, that was the party advocating for smaller government and they meant it.  Republicans talked up small government, but it was just lip service.  But Libertarians became increasingly nutzo in their platform.    I didn't stay with them long. 

Offline EdinVA

Keep in mind, we no longer have a judicial system, we rely on trial by media.

Trump was the one that led the charge over "wire tapping" his campaign, and everyone said he was crazy.
Trump was the one that led the charge over corruption at the FBI and everyone said he was crazy.
Then there was NATO, NAFTA, etc....
So, I am convinced that as unpleasant as it is, Trump must have some info that is prompting him to take on this cause.
Ted Kennedy comes to mind, among others.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Keep in mind, we no longer have a judicial system, we rely on trial by media.

Trump was the one that led the charge over "wire tapping" his campaign, and everyone said he was crazy.
Trump was the one that led the charge over corruption at the FBI and everyone said he was crazy.
Then there was NATO, NAFTA, etc....
So, I am convinced that as unpleasant as it is, Trump must have some info that is prompting him to take on this cause.
Ted Kennedy comes to mind, among others.

Now you're talking....    :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald