Author Topic: Kudlow: $600-per-week boost to unemployment benefits won't 'survive the next round of talks'  (Read 370 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kudlow: $600-per-week boost to unemployment benefits won't 'survive the next round of talks'
By Naomi Jagoda - 05/26/20 01:44 PM EDT

White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow said Tuesday that he doesn't think that the $600-per-week boost to unemployment benefits will be extended in subsequent coronavirus relief legislation, suggesting that a future package would instead include alternatives to encourage people to go back to work.

"I frankly do not believe the $600 plus up will survive the next round of talks, but I think we’ll have substitutes to deal with that issue," Kudlow, the director of President Trump's National Economic Council, said in an interview on Fox News.

The $2.2 trillion coronavirus relief package Trump signed on March 27 provides a $600 per week increase to unemployment benefits through the end of July to help the millions of Americans who abruptly lost their jobs due to the coronavirus. The benefits were increased by a flat amount so that states could quickly administer the change.

Democrats are largely supportive of the increased benefits, with House Democrats passing a bill earlier this month that would extend the $600 weekly boost through January 2021. But Republicans argue that the increase is creating a disincentive for people to go back to work, since some people are receiving more in unemployment benefits than they were in wages before they lost their jobs.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/499549-kudlow-600-per-week-boost-to-unemployment-benefits-wont-survive-the-next-round
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
They weren't smart enough to figure it out before?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
They weren't smart enough to figure it out before?

Well my son appreciates it to help pay bills but he would rather be back to work..it wasn't his fault his place of employment closed up and he doesn't expect it to last forever..he wants to work.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Well my son appreciates it to help pay bills but he would rather be back to work..it wasn't his fault his place of employment closed up and he doesn't expect it to last forever..he wants to work.

With really good vaccine news being reported today, and markets almost making back half of the March losses?....   That "V" shaped recovery is looking better and better by the day.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.