Author Topic: From Yelp- Most popular COVID-19 Delivery Order purchased by State  (Read 2814 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: From Yelp- Most popular COVID-19 Delivery Order purchased by State
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2020, 08:44:57 pm »
You are very lucky to have a source for the real thing. You also have access to game that might be a substitute?

@berdie

You no doubt have the same resource - A grocery wholesaler - The place the grocery stores or food vendors buy from... Mine will sell to any business, and since I have business accounts, that is no problem.

I can't get at the name of the stuff I get (I ain't got it here now) but it comes in a wide flat box, maybe 100-150 strips... Pre-cut, looking a whole lot like  a bacon strip other than color. Either beef or lamb, and either takes the freezer just fine... Just rebag em into a zippy or some such.. haul out a strip or two, throw em in a hot cast pan for a bit, and you are ready to go...

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: From Yelp- Most popular COVID-19 Delivery Order purchased by State
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2020, 01:50:30 pm »
Never get between a coonass and 10 pounds of crawfish (no matter how well its cooked) :cool:

Funny thing. Back in the '70's and early '80's they used to give the stuff away free at bars.
At last glance it is $5.19/lb. cooked (at least last week)

This may be the first year in a long while that I haven't been at a crawfish boil.