Author Topic: New York Times on Memorial Day Weekend: ‘Why Does the U.S. Military Celebrate White Supremacy?’  (Read 319 times)

rangerrebew

New York Times on Memorial Day Weekend: ‘Why Does the U.S. Military Celebrate White Supremacy?’

Joel B. Pollak
24 May 2020

The New York Times published an editorial on the first day of Memorial Day weekend asking: “Why Does the U.S. Military Celebrate White Supremacy?”

The article‘s byline is the entire editorial board, and it is accompanied by an image of a bullet shaped like a Ku Klux Klan robe.

The central complaint of the article is that there are U.S. military bases named after Confederate Army officers:

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2020/05/24/new-york-times-on-memorial-day-weekend-why-does-the-u-s-military-celebrate-white-supremacy/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+breitbart+%28Breitbart+News%29

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The central complaint of the article is that there are U.S. military bases named after Confederate Army officers:

I get so tired of this shit.......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 25, 2020
For Memorial Day, the New York Times launches a sleazy attack on the military
By Andrea Widburg

Today is Memorial Day, the day on which we honor the men and women who have given their lives for our country for 245 years. Alternatively, if you’re the New York Times’s editorial board, this is the day on which you call the American military a white supremacist institution. It’s a mean and silly piece.

The attack is also grotesquely ironic. The editors have lost track of the fact that their Democrat cheerleading ties them to a party and ideology that have been responsible for slavery, Jim Crow, and racial obsessions since the 1820s.

The latest Times excrescence is entitled “Why Does the U.S. Military Celebrate White Supremacy? It is time to rename bases for American heroes – not racist traitors.” The accompanying illustration is a fusion of a bullet and a Klansman’s hood:

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/05/for_memorial_day_the_new_york_times_launches_a_sleazy_attack_on_the_military.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Many/most Confederate generals the NYT race-baitingly objected to also served very honorably in the Mexican-American War (to which the NYT probably also objects).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The Twitterers have their panties in a bunch about this today.

Offline skeeter

I'm reminded of my daughter's progressive friend who declared she didn't really care for the USS Arizona Memorial because it 'glorified war'.

I am not of the same species as these freaks.

BTW I watched a movie last night, Field of Lost Shoes, that actually depicted southern soldiers in a positive light. A bit hokey (no more hokey than Glory) but I was happy to see someone finally push back against the socially 'acceptable' historical narrative.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 04:19:28 pm by skeeter »