Author Topic: Video of skateboarder riding on top of San Diego memorial honoring military members sparks backlash  (Read 383 times)

rangerrebew

Video of skateboarder riding on top of San Diego memorial honoring military members sparks backlash

By Amanda Jackson, CNN

Updated 11:44 PM ET, Thu May 21, 2020

A skateboarder in California caused controversy on Monday after a video surfaced of him riding across the sacred walls of a memorial honoring military members. CNN obscured parts of this image to protect the identities of the pictured individuals.

(CNN)A skateboarder in California caused controversy on Monday after a video surfaced of him riding across the sacred walls of a memorial honoring military members.

Over 5,000 Americans are etched into the black granite walls of the Mt. Soledad National Veterans Memorial in San Diego. It is considered one of the most unique veterans memorials in America, according to the memorial group. People from all over the nation visit to honor the brave men and woman that are listed on the plaques that cover the walls.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/21/us/skateboarder-san-diego-memorial-wall-trnd/index.html

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Too many skateboarders believe they have the 'right' to do whatever they want no matter how inappropriate or what damage they cause. When I ran restaurants I used to have trouble with them and when I told them to leave our lot the morons told me they could do what they wanted because it was public property. I had the last laugh when I leaned into the police car and told them to go ahead and do what they wanted because the police car was public property.