Author Topic: 'That is a false statement': Liberal law professor slams CNN for coverage of edited clip favoring Bi  (Read 300 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'That is a false statement': Liberal law professor slams CNN for coverage of edited clip favoring Biden
by Andrew Mark Miller
 | May 24, 2020 12:43 PM

Constitutional law professor Jonathan Turley criticized CNN for “media indulgence” after they ran a selectively edited clip favorable to former Vice President Joe Biden.

“CNN's John King just began a question on how 'some are trying to make a big deal over' Biden's 'you're not black' comment,” Turley, a self-described liberal and George Washington University law professor said on Twitter. “CNN then played the clip ending with ‘I extended the Voting Rights Act 25 years. I have a record that is second to none.’”

“However, the quote was edited to exclude the next line: 'The NAACP has endorsed me every time I’ve run. Come on, take a look at my record.' That is a false statement that the NAACP has publicly rebutted. https://jonathanturley.org/2020/05/23/technically-black-atlantic-columnist-supports-bidens-statement-that-black-trump-supporters-are-not-really-black/… It never endorsed Biden or anyone else.”

Jonathan Turley @JonathanTurley

CNN's John King just began a question on how "some are trying to make a big deal over" Biden's "you're not black" comment.  CNN then played the clip ending with “I extended the Voting Rights Act 25 years. I have a record that is second to none." However, the quote was edited...

Turley went on to describe the coverage as “media indulgence” before quoting Dr. Robert Oppenheimer's observation after his work on the atomic bomb.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/that-is-a-false-statement-liberal-law-professor-slams-cnn-for-coverage-of-edited-clip-favoring-biden
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 10:22:05 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34