Author Topic: Birx: 'Difficult to tell' if country may need to close again  (Read 935 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Birx: 'Difficult to tell' if country may need to close again

4 hrs ago

More than 3,300 stores are closing in 2020. See the list

As Americans continue to emerge from quarantines and stay-at-home orders amid the coronavirus pandemic, President Donald Trump declared this week that "we are not closing our country” if the United States is hit by a second wave of infections.

But in an interview on ABC's "This Week" Sunday, Dr. Deborah Birx, one of the leaders of the government's response to the virus, said it is "difficult to tell" whether such a step may be necessary.

"We're trying to understand during this period of coming out of the closure: How do we maintain openness and safety? And I think that's what we're going to be learning through May, June and July," said Birx, the White House coronavirus response coordinator.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/birx-difficult-to-tell-if-country-may-need-to-close-again/ar-BB14wEbv?ocid=spartanntp
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 07:10:48 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Re: Birx: 'Difficult to tell' if country may need to close again
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 07:12:02 pm »
More mixed signals from the administration.  Trump said they wouldn't close again.

Most of us have never opened.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 07:14:02 pm »
Birx: 'Difficult to tell' if country may need to close again

4 hrs ago

More than 3,300 stores are closing in 2020. See the list

As Americans continue to emerge from quarantines and stay-at-home orders amid the coronavirus pandemic, President Donald Trump declared this week that "we are not closing our country” if the United States is hit by a second wave of infections.

But in an interview on ABC's "This Week" Sunday, Dr. Deborah Birx, one of the leaders of the government's response to the virus, said it is "difficult to tell" whether such a step may be necessary.

"We're trying to understand during this period of coming out of the closure: How do we maintain openness and safety? And I think that's what we're going to be learning through May, June and July," said Birx, the White House coronavirus response coordinator.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/birx-difficult-to-tell-if-country-may-need-to-close-again/ar-BB14wEbv?ocid=spartanntp

Lying headline. As usual.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 07:15:53 pm »
It's called science. Math. Numbers.

If they aren't on your side, all else is politics.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 07:17:18 pm »
More mixed signals from the administration.  Trump said they wouldn't close again.

So Trump's a coward now because he's not being a dictator for forcing the Governors to open their states?

Don't your legs get tired from hopping back and forth across that line?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 07:26:53 pm »
So Trump's a coward now because he's not being a dictator for forcing the Governors to open their states?

I haven't hopped at all.  Birx is the head of his COVID team isn't she?  If Trump really wants to open the country, and I would agree he would fire her.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2020, 07:41:30 pm »

Orange man bad...it’s her only schtick. It’s nauseatingly tiresome...and yet she continues.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2020, 07:45:32 pm »

Trump has left it up to the governors in each state whether or not to re-open but he indeed stated that he wouldn't close the country down for a second wave.

Dr. Birx/Fauci are the supposed team of medical experts.   Trump is the President and it's his call, ultimately though, it's up to the governors of each state.

A good portion of the country has opened to some degree.  It appears that the red states are opening up and the blue states are lagging behind. 

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/12/815200313/what-governors-are-doing-to-tackle-spreading-coronavirus
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 08:03:58 pm »
Try listening to what she actually said instead of what The Hill claims she said? Didn’t think so.

I read it and , so?  Are you saying Trump jumped the gun?  And that they would have to find the answer first?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 08:04:51 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 08:09:53 pm »
Trump has left it up to the governors in each state whether or not to re-open but he indeed stated that he wouldn't close the country down for a second wave.

Dr. Birx/Fauci are the supposed team of medical experts.   Trump is the President and it's his call, ultimately though, it's up to the governors of each state.

A good portion of the country has opened to some degree.  It appears that the red states are opening up and the blue states are lagging behind. 

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/12/815200313/what-governors-are-doing-to-tackle-spreading-coronavirus

Is it?  I posted a document on Constitution and whether the state can keep business closed.  They can temporarily but they cant seize property.  This is way past temporary.  Much of what the left is talking about is lasting to the end of the year or even into next year.  I think there is going to be big law suits against the government if someone doesn't take the wheel and stop this lunacy.

Taking

Excerpt:

Because a business’s personal property can include inventory, the next thing to consider in the takings context is whether there actually has been a taking—and, if so, whether it is temporary or permanent. A temporary taking is most often seen in the context of a regulatory taking, such as when a regulation issues a moratorium or prohibition on the use of one's property—a common example being a moratorium on land use or building permits. Working through these questions involves asking questions about the regulation’s economic impact and even the extent to which the regulation has interfered with "distinct investment backed expectations.” Although many factors must be considered, and individual circumstances are always important, the key is the regulation’s impact on the property’s value. The length of the moratorium is also a critical factor. For instance, while a one-year moratorium has been constituted a taking in certain circumstances, the shorter the period, the more scrutiny a takings claim will receive from the courts.

https://www.spilmanlaw.com/dataentry/resources/attorney-articles/litigation/covid-19-and-governmental-seizure-without-compensa

Not only the 1st Amendment, but 5th and 14th.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 08:19:06 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2020, 08:14:01 pm »
I read it and , so?  Are you saying Trump jumped the gun?  And that they would have to find the answer first?

I’m saying the articles you post aren’t being honest about what she said.

Sheesh

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2020, 08:21:32 pm »
I’m saying the articles you post aren’t being honest about what she said.

Sheesh

I'm telling you that Trump said he would not shut down the government a second time.  You can hash what she said all you want but it doesn't match what Trump said.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2020, 08:56:24 pm »
I'm telling you that Trump said he would not shut down the government a second time.

Trump didn't shut the government down the first time.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2020, 09:20:14 pm »
Is it?  I posted a document on Constitution and whether the state can keep business closed.  They can temporarily but they cant seize property.  This is way past temporary.  Much of what the left is talking about is lasting to the end of the year or even into next year.  I think there is going to be big law suits against the government if someone doesn't take the wheel and stop this lunacy.

Taking

Excerpt:

Because a business’s personal property can include inventory, the next thing to consider in the takings context is whether there actually has been a taking—and, if so, whether it is temporary or permanent. A temporary taking is most often seen in the context of a regulatory taking, such as when a regulation issues a moratorium or prohibition on the use of one's property—a common example being a moratorium on land use or building permits. Working through these questions involves asking questions about the regulation’s economic impact and even the extent to which the regulation has interfered with "distinct investment backed expectations.” Although many factors must be considered, and individual circumstances are always important, the key is the regulation’s impact on the property’s value. The length of the moratorium is also a critical factor. For instance, while a one-year moratorium has been constituted a taking in certain circumstances, the shorter the period, the more scrutiny a takings claim will receive from the courts.

https://www.spilmanlaw.com/dataentry/resources/attorney-articles/litigation/covid-19-and-governmental-seizure-without-compensa

Not only the 1st Amendment, but 5th and 14th.

Yes you are absolutely correct .... and I never disputed the constitutionality of the shut down. When I first heard about the virus I was concerned as I have several health issues.  I was very o.k. with staying at home given the information about the virus by the CDC ... that was until I got thinking ... but they don't have the right to tell us we can't move from point A to point B and when will we be "allowed" to leave our homes?  From that point forward I wasn't o.k. with staying at home under "their" orders.  Taking precautions and staying at home voluntarily is one thing, but to be mandated is quite another. 

I was quite alarmed when the city that I live in starting posting ordinances on various business -- then the businesses were shut down.

I would lay odds that people are NOT going to readily go into lock down mode again.  Not going to happen. People may decide that staying at home is best for them ... but to be mandated ... definitely NOT!

« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 09:22:47 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2020, 09:46:57 pm »
I haven't hopped at all.  Birx is the head of his COVID team isn't she? 

Absolutely not.

It's past time for you to buy a vowel.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2020, 09:53:39 pm »
Trump: 'We are not closing our country' if second wave of coronavirus hits 
May 21, 2020

Begins at 1:15  (but the whole 1.43 minutes is worth watching  happy77 )

@Free Vulcan

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tDTaz52DaE

« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 10:00:03 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2020, 10:21:18 pm »
I haven't hopped at all.  Birx is the head of his COVID team isn't she?  If Trump really wants to open the country, and I would agree he would fire her.

And if he fired her, you'd call him a dictator and a tyrant.

Hoppity hop.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2020, 10:26:13 pm »
We have a winner!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2020, 12:00:28 am »

Trump hasn't shut down shit in this panic.  He's not opening shit either.  Does a sparrow not fall that Trump is not responsible for?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2020, 12:11:17 am »
Trump: 'We are not closing our country' if second wave of coronavirus hits 
May 21, 2020

Begins at 1:15  (but the whole 1.43 minutes is worth watching  happy77 )

@Free Vulcan

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tDTaz52DaE

"We are not closing the country".  That sounded pretty definitive to me and he was very confident in making that statement ... and he's also correct, the people aren't going to stand for it closing again.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2020, 12:42:22 am »

Mrs. Joe and I went out to dinner at a local restaurant we frequented before the Great Closure just last night. Wonderful! Restaurants and Bars closed here, some stores, barber shops, salons and the like.  But in an oilfield town there remained some activity (production folks and service hands idling back pumping units and shutting wells in, mainly). I really haven't lived much differently with the exception of not being able to go places that were closed.

With careful consideration, one size does not fit all, your risk depends on your personal attributes and your situation.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2020, 12:57:00 am »
Mrs. Joe and I went out to dinner at a local restaurant we frequented before the Great Closure just last night. Wonderful! Restaurants and Bars closed here, some stores, barber shops, salons and the like.  But in an oilfield town there remained some activity (production folks and service hands idling back pumping units and shutting wells in, mainly). I really haven't lived much differently with the exception of not being able to go places that were closed.

With careful consideration, one size does not fit all, your risk depends on your personal attributes and your situation.

We still haven't ventured out like we used to.  Hubby and I are both high risk and so we are sitting back to wait and see what happens after the re-opening around here as cases are still rising in our county.  Restaurants here are now allowed 50% capacity ...libraries are still closed.  Playgrounds just opened.

We are still cautious when we do go out.  However, that is because that is what we choose to do, not because that's what we've been told to do.  Psychologically a big difference.