Author Topic: Birx: 'Difficult to tell' if country may need to close again  (Read 936 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: Birx: 'Difficult to tell' if country may need to close again
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2020, 01:13:34 am »
Mrs. Joe and I went out to dinner at a local restaurant we frequented before the Great Closure just last night. Wonderful!

Yesterday evening, I decided to take the family out to eat.  The first place only offered takeout.  They had outdoor tables and chairs, but said we couldn't sit there.  No state order against it.   It was their own company decision.  So we went elsewhere.  The second place also had plenty of tables and chairs outside, but like the first, said we couldn't sit there.  So off to restaurant #3.  This one, like the other two, also only offered takeout.  But they said if we wanted to sit out on the patio and eat, they would bring our to-go order to us.  The guy got a big tip for that.  We were able to sit on that patio and eat some delicious Cuban food.

As for the other two, it amazes me how these businesses have had this many weeks to prepare for opening their seating areas, yet are stuck in the same draconian mindset that almost put them out of business to begin with.  Here I am trying to support local business, yet they act like they don't want it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-