Author Topic: They Killed Everything Beautiful  (Read 651 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
They Killed Everything Beautiful
« on: May 24, 2020, 06:01:13 pm »
They Killed Everything Beautiful
By Nick Chase
May 24, 2020
Though neither of us is an artist or musician, my wife and I have been close to the music and arts community in central Massachusetts for more than 40 years, as volunteers, through recording locally-performed classical music concerts and broadcasting them on the local community radio station. As volunteers we also support the local Massachusetts Symphony Orchestra in many different ways, so we are fully aware of the enormous behind-the-scenes preparation - and time - and money - needed to put on a good show.

On March 17, 2020 (St. Patrick's Day), this all stopped. Full. Dead. Stop.

At first the various events managers postponed their concerts and shows, assuming this was just a temporary delay. But after two or three weeks it became obvious that the bureaucrats were going to push this overwrought quarantine into overdrive, and they began cancelling.

Overseas orchestras and soloists cancelled their tours because they couldn't fly into the U.S. Music Worcester's entire spring concert season, cancelled. Mechanics Hall in Worcester, one of the top dozen concert halls in the country because of its acoustical perfection, closed. Tuckerman Hall, also a very fine and beautiful space, open but with few events and no musical events. All concerts by local groups, cancelled because the performers were unable to meet and rehearse. Worcester's magnificent Hanover Theatre (home for touring Broadway shows), shuttered. July 4 fireworks and concert by the Massachusetts Symphony in Worcester's East Park, gone.

More:  https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/05/they_killed_everything_beautiful.html
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

Re: They Killed Everything Beautiful
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 06:18:03 pm »
Its nice to imagine that after this virus thing Americans will wake up to the threat fascistic bureaucrats pose to their personal liberty given an excuse, but I see it breaking down along ideological lines, as does everything else.

Instead of stopping to consider the arguments being made by those who want no more than to be entrusted with their own and their family's own welfare and allowed to continue to live their lives those on the left see them as enemies who pose a mortal threat. Its not hard to imagine where that could lead.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 02:27:21 pm »
Its nice to imagine that after this virus thing Americans will wake up to the threat fascistic bureaucrats pose to their personal liberty given an excuse, but I see it breaking down along ideological lines, as does everything else.

Instead of stopping to consider the arguments being made by those who want no more than to be entrusted with their own and their family's own welfare and allowed to continue to live their lives those on the left see them as enemies who pose a mortal threat. Its not hard to imagine where that could lead.
And now, with the precedent set that left-wing governors can suspend the republican form of government guarantee at the slightest "emergency," that threat is now more real than ever.

Ironically, it is cultural institutions favoring left-wingers that bear the worst brunt of the lockdowns.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 07:34:19 pm »
And now, with the precedent set that left-wing governors can suspend the republican form of government guarantee at the slightest "emergency," that threat is now more real than ever.

Ironically, it is cultural institutions favoring left-wingers that bear the worst brunt of the lockdowns.

See? Not all the beauty is gone. There's still some poetic justice left.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 04:16:21 am »
My conservative sister is a professional musician. All the concert cancellations mean she'll be lucky to earn a tiny fraction of what she made last year.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 09:31:46 am »
My conservative sister is a professional musician. All the concert cancellations mean she'll be lucky to earn a tiny fraction of what she made last year.
I sympathize and wish her well.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2020, 10:49:27 am »
I know the feeling.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024