Author Topic: The Best Argument For President Trump's Re-Election  (Read 10458 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: The Best Argument For President Trump's Re-Election
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2020, 04:13:48 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Not going to rehash what I've already said about him.  The man is a failure as president.  Just too bad that you and other Trump supporters are so easily entertained by his incessant realty tv show presidency to realize what a failure he is.

Please tell me why he's such a disappointment for you ... and give me more of a reason than style.

Come on @Applewood  I'm trying to understand why you use the label "failure".  There's got to be more to your opinion than your delight in ridiculing my support of the President.

And don't fall back on not wanting to rehash what you've said.  Obviously, I missed it, so, please, try again.

Why do you believe Donald Trump is a failure as POTUS?

Thanks.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2020, 04:33:15 pm »
Hogwash!

Just by winning in 2016, he proved a success.   If he had lost to Clinton...well, why waste any time with you?  You just don't get it.

Thank God, Trump is President to lead us through this pandemic.

Prayers up for this country and our President on this Memorial Day!!   :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2020, 04:35:32 pm »
Hogwash!

Just by winning in 2016, he proved a success.   

And what did he do with that win?  He didn't keep his campaign promises.  He will not curb runaway spending; in fact, he's adding to it.  He has a wall started, which will be useless so long as our immigration system continues to let in illegals and so-called refugees.  And the federal response to COVID 19 consists of him conducting COVID 19 daily briefings like a campaign rally, arguing with reporters, governors and critics, promoting a yet to be proven remedy for COVID, lying and blaming others.  He's a failure and he knows it.  His supporters know it too, but they will continue to vote for him because doing so "saves us" from the Democrats.  What a crock! 

If he had lost to Clinton...well, why waste any time with you?  You just don't get it.

I get what a terrible failure he is.  It's a shame Trump has so many bamboozled into believing he is some sort of a god or savior. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2020, 04:41:48 pm »
Thank God, Trump is President to lead us through this pandemic.

Prayers up for this country and our President on this Memorial Day!!   :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Thanks for the positive, uplifting message. So appropriate today and much more appealing than it's opposite.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 04:42:39 pm by skeeter »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #104 on: May 25, 2020, 04:44:29 pm »
Thanks for the positive, uplifting message. So appropriate today and much more appealing than it's opposite.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2020, 05:06:33 pm »
And what did he do with that win?  He didn't keep his campaign promises.  He will not curb runaway spending; in fact, he's adding to it.  He has a wall started, which will be useless so long as our immigration system continues to let in illegals and so-called refugees.  And the federal response to COVID 19 consists of him conducting COVID 19 daily briefings like a campaign rally, arguing with reporters, governors and critics, promoting a yet to be proven remedy for COVID, lying and blaming others.  He's a failure and he knows it.  His supporters know it too, but they will continue to vote for him because doing so "saves us" from the Democrats.  What a crock! 

I get what a terrible failure he is.  It's a shame Trump has so many bamboozled into believing he is some sort of a god or savior.

Sorry ... but to slam our President on Memorial Day as he visits Arlington is quite inappropriate.  Just sayin'   :patriot: :patriot:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2020, 05:08:40 pm »
I think one of the problems we’re having here is that the Office Of Presidency over the years has been imbued with an almost mythical status, and people tend to put the presidency, if not the president himself, on a pedestal.

How can a position that is embraced with such reverence be occupied by anyone less than perfect? Well, no one human really can measure up to that. And as a supporter of President Trump, I can see where this could be problematic for some critics.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2020, 05:15:12 pm »
Sorry ... but to slam our President on Memorial Day as he visits Arlington is quite inappropriate.  Just sayin'   :patriot: :patriot:

Actually, according to Trump fans, I'm not allowed to "slam" Trump on any other day either.  Pffft!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2020, 05:16:12 pm »
Actually, according to Trump fans, I'm not allowed to "slam" Trump on any other day either.  Pffft!

You should it double today, then.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2020, 05:19:02 pm »

A god or savior?  This is coming from you and you alone.

We supporters of the President see a kid from Queens, NY who gave up a life of private luxury because he loves this country and believes in her people, her vision, her right to exist as a sovereign state ---- and who always, always puts America and our interests first.

We really value having a President of the United States in the Oval Office, not a global citizen.

And what's more, we happen to like the guy.   :patriot:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2020, 05:19:09 pm »
I think one of the problems we’re having here is that the Office Of Presidency over the years has been imbued with an almost mythical status, and people tend to put the presidency, if not the president himself, on a pedestal.

How can a position that is embraced with such reverence be occupied by anyone less than perfect? Well, no one human really can measure up to that. And as a supporter of President Trump, I can see where this could be problematic for some critics.

I don't expect perfection.  No one should.  After all, the president is human like everyone else and like everyone else, he makes mistakes. 

I just expected that this president would have at least made an effort to keep his campaign promises and do his job.  I've said this before -- I didn't vote for him in 2016, but I had hoped he would prove me wrong, keep his promises and do great things.  He didn't, that's all.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2020, 05:25:04 pm »
A god or savior?  This is coming from you and you alone.

We supporters of the President see a kid from Queens, NY who gave up a life of private luxury because he loves this country and believes in her people, her vision, her right to exist as a sovereign state ---- and who always, always puts America and our interests first.

We really value having a President of the United States in the Oval Office, not a global citizen.

And what's more, we happen to like the guy.   :patriot: 

And you are allowed to support him.  But I am allowed to give my opinion of him which may be contrary to yours.  Apparently, some Trump supporters have forgotten we do have freedom of speech in this country.

And as for Trump being designated some sort of god or savior -- well, you might want to look at what some of those religious leaders have said about him.  And how often have I read and heard Trump supporters call him a "savior" -- as in saving us from the Democrats?  No, it's not coming from me.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2020, 05:25:43 pm »
I don't expect perfection.  No one should.  After all, the president is human like everyone else and like everyone else, he makes mistakes. 

I just expected that this president would have at least made an effort to keep his campaign promises and do his job.  I've said this before -- I didn't vote for him in 2016, but I had hoped he would prove me wrong, keep his promises and do great things.  He didn't, that's all.

You forgot to add the qualifier, “in my humble opinion.”  That usually helps to calm the waters.

In my opinion, we’re lucky to have him. The right man, at the right time in history. Sorry you can’t see that.

« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2020, 05:25:44 pm »
I just expected that this president would have at least made an effort to keep his campaign promises and do his job.   

Ah, more nonsense from the uninformed.  God bless America --- especially today --- when we remember the men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice for your right to spew it..   happy77

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #114 on: May 25, 2020, 05:28:10 pm »
Hogwash!

Just by winning in 2016, he proved a success.   If he had lost to Clinton...well, why waste any time with you?  You just don't get it.

There are a few here, that ignore Trump's accomplishments. Pre-virus roaring economy-stock market, conservative judges, regulatory reductions, foreign affairs changes, winding down wars etc.

Esteemed real scholar historians like Victor Davis Hanson, and Newt Gingrich write and speak very favorably about Trump.

Seldom mentioned, the fact  he won--breaking the streak of dismal Republicans like McCain and Romney.
Hapy Memorial Day, to other vets on the site (and their families).
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

« Reply #115 on: May 25, 2020, 05:32:12 pm »
You should it double today, then.

Right.

Prayers up for Donald Trump; may the Lord God bless him and continue to lead him as he takes this country in a much more positive direction to save our Republic.  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #116 on: May 25, 2020, 05:34:04 pm »

Its like the day you realize your parents aren't perfect. Usually around 12 or 13 years old.

It takes another decade or two before you appreciate them as imperfect human beings doing the best they can to be parents.

And you realize they didn't do a half bad job.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #117 on: May 25, 2020, 05:34:16 pm »
There are a few here, that ignore Trump's accomplishments. Pre-virus roaring economy-stock market, conservative judges, regulatory reductions, foreign affairs changes, winding down wars etc.

Esteemed real scholar historians like Victor Davis Hanson, and Newt Gingrich write and speak very favorably about Trump.

Seldom mentioned, the fact  he won--breaking the streak of dismal Republicans like McCain and Romney.
Hapy Memorial Day, to other vets on the site (and their families).

Great post!  :patriot:

I respect both the historians you mentioned. They know that flawed people can and have made great presidents.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #118 on: May 25, 2020, 05:46:14 pm »

And it is not just with the presidency... sports figure and hollywierds... anything they say/do is gold..

Offline aligncare

« Reply #119 on: May 25, 2020, 05:53:48 pm »
Its like the day you realize your parents aren't perfect. Usually around 12 or 13 years old.

It takes another decade or two before you appreciate them as imperfect human beings doing the best they can to be parents.

And you realize they didn't do a half bad job.

My father was terribly, verbally and physically abusive to mom and my brothers and me. I came to terms with it later on in his life. But, he was a hard man and in some ways, a good man, worked hard to provide for us. But it wasn’t until after he died, laid out on that hospital bed, that I forgave him everything.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2020, 06:38:29 pm »
My father was terribly, verbally and physically abusive to mom and my brothers and me. I came to terms with it later on in his life. But, he was a hard man and in some ways, a good man, worked hard to provide for us. But it wasn’t until after he died, laid out on that hospital bed, that I forgave him everything.

Thankfully I went through that process awhile before mine passed.

Today my daughter in law tells me middle aged white males - meaning me - are 'insensitive'. The cycle continues.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2020, 07:01:17 pm »
You’re free to ignore authors whose theses offend You. Or, you could read and learn. Of course, you’re too brilliant to learn anything new except your own delusions. You are what’s known in the biz as a highly educated idiot.
By the way, the author contrasts as well as compares. Be afraid, be very afraid you might learn something new.
--------------------------------
During my time at Trinity in Dublin, I became intimately familiar w/the Churchill Family
and their legacy, dating back to Lord Randolph.
Comparing any of them to a buffoon like Trump, is a farce beneath absurd.
Suggest you get back on your donkey and rejoin the clown posse.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2020, 07:05:07 pm »
Please don't disrespect me simply because I responded to what you, in your infinite wisdom, posted. 
If you don't like my reaction to your comments, please, try posting something that isn't vacuous.
Thanks. :beer:
---------------------------
Deal; no vacuity, just the record of history!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2020, 07:07:21 pm »
Currently I can think of only one real reason to vote for Trump - and that will be if Barr brings charges against high level people in the FBI and elsewhere prior to the election. If he were to do that, then Barr needs the means to continue. Otherwise it will all be washed under the rug - and may be anyway. So far Barr has not proven he's serious about it.

I see where you are going with that.

But nope. Just on the fiscal matters - completely oh hell no... If the fiscal were not so egregious, I could fall back into other principle things and still be oh hell no.. Maybe five times over.

Nope.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2020, 07:09:01 pm »
I am not going to laugh.  That isn't funny. 

Trumps Spiritual Adviser Paula White said that too.

Paula White: Christians will 'stand accountable before God' if they vote against Trump

I know, right?