Author Topic: ‘How Could the CDC Make That Mistake?’  (Read 259 times)

rangerrebew

‘How Could the CDC Make That Mistake?’
« on: May 24, 2020, 02:25:12 pm »
‘How Could the CDC Make That Mistake?’

The government’s disease-fighting agency is conflating viral and antibody tests, compromising a few crucial metrics that governors depend on to reopen their economies. Pennsylvania, Georgia, Texas, and other states are doing the same.
Alexis C. MadrigalRobinson Meyer
May 21, 2020

Editor’s Note: The Atlantic is making vital coverage of the coronavirus available to all readers. Find the collection here.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is conflating the results of two different types of coronavirus tests, distorting several important metrics and providing the country with an inaccurate picture of the state of the pandemic. We’ve learned that the CDC is making, at best, a debilitating mistake: combining test results that diagnose current coronavirus infections with test results that measure whether someone has ever had the virus. The upshot is that the government’s disease-fighting agency is overstating the country’s ability to test people who are sick with COVID-19. The agency confirmed to The Atlantic on Wednesday that it is mixing the results of viral and antibody tests, even though the two tests reveal different information and are used for different reasons.

This is not merely a technical error. States have set quantitative guidelines for reopening their economies based on these flawed data points.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/05/cdc-and-states-are-misreporting-covid-19-test-data-pennsylvania-georgia-texas/611935/

rangerrebew

Re: ‘How Could the CDC Make That Mistake?’
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 02:27:41 pm »
How could Anthony Fauci, who siteth at the right hand of Madam Clinton con America this way?  Rush was saying a month ago all the CDC information was based on data that basicallly was flawed.  If course the CDC and media were correct and he was creating trouble. ****slapping

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 06:46:33 pm »
How could Anthony Fauci, who siteth at the right hand of Madam Clinton con America this way?  ...

Fauci is not in the CDC and is irrelevant to the CDC's many F-ups.

The number, scope, and impact of CDC F-ups are such that the CDC should be investigated for possible #Resist sabotage. Starting with the undergraduate-grade lab procedure F-up that delayed its tests for a month (coupled with the CDC's decision to be the sole provider of test kits, an equally stupid bureaucratic decision that compounded the test kit production F-up).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Quasar44

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 08:47:48 pm »
CDC has been a leftist hack group for decades

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 09:03:09 pm »

My first job out of college, was with the state Dept. of Health, and I  had monthly epidemiological reporting duties.  I know back in the late '70's these guys were super sharp, and  I made it a point to make the calls linger so I could learn from them.  I don't know about decades, but the group in there now is not of the same caliber.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 10:05:42 pm »
RIght. When they started studying 'epidemics' of "gun" violence and motorcycle helmets they were off course.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 10:20:40 pm »
How?

Let's start with it being a government organization, then begin the slide down from there.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington