Author Topic: Joe Biden Calls Out Amazon. Amazon Torches Him In Statement.  (Read 309 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 23rd, 2020
Joe Biden Calls Out Amazon. Amazon Torches Him In Statement.
By  Ryan SaavedraDailyWire.com

Amazon fired back at presumptive Democrat presidential nominee Joe Biden late on Friday after Biden accused Amazon of not paying “its fair share.”

“I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: No company pulling in billions of dollars in profits should pay a lower tax rate than firefighters and teachers,” Biden tweeted. “It’s time for Amazon to pay its fair share.”

Included in Biden’s tweet was a link to a CNBC news article that highlighted remarks Biden had given on Friday morning during an interview with the publication.

“I don’t think any company, I don’t give a damn how big they are, the Lord almighty, should absolutely be in a position where they pay no tax and make billions and billions and billions of dollars, No. 1,” Biden said. “The whole notion of this is: Are you playing the game fairly? What’s the capitalist system all about? The capitalist system is about everyone dealing fairly and dealing straight up with the American people and with their employees.”

Amazon responded to Biden’s remarks several hours after he posted his tweet, writing: “Joe Biden, We pay every cent owed. You spent 3 decades in the Senate & know that Congress wrote these tax laws to encourage companies to invest in the US economy. We have. 500k jobs w/ a min wage of $15/hr across 40 states. Assume your complaint is w/ the tax code, not Amazon.”

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/joe-biden-calls-out-amazon-amazon-torches-him-in-statement
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Re: Joe Biden Calls Out Amazon. Amazon Torches Him In Statement.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 02:49:14 pm »
I start my first shift tonight as an Amazonian.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 03:08:08 pm »
I start my first shift tonight as an Amazonian.

Good luck on the new job! 

:thumbsup:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 03:40:21 pm »
Did Joe Hidien Biden ever have a private sector job, or has he been sucking on the public teat dince day one?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 03:49:58 pm »
Did Joe Hidien Biden ever have a private sector job, or has he been sucking on the public teat dince day one?

From Sloe Joe's Wiki:

He became a lawyer in 1969 and was elected to the New Castle County Council in 1970. He was elected to the U.S. Senate from Delaware in 1972 when he became the sixth-youngest senator in American history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden

The answer to your question would be, there are a few months he worked as a Lawyer (less than a year?), then went into politics exclusively.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 03:58:39 pm »
To me this is a shocker.  Big Tech can break the back of a candidate, and exclusively been pretty much in the pockets of the dims for some time now.    Let's just hope slow joe is stupid enough to piss off facebook and google too.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 04:04:14 pm »

He worked for two years for a private law firm before his foray onto the public dole.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2020, 04:06:33 pm »
He worked for two years for a private law firm before his foray onto the public dole.

1969-70.  I'd say it's probably closer to one year, but the point stands:  Biteme is a politician that never had to work a day in his life.  He's probably like O'Bastard, who said his few months in a private practice were the worst in his life.
I will NOT comply.