Author Topic: Midland Grandma a hero for putting herself between black grandson and over-zealous cops  (Read 535 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Grits for Breakfast 5/23/2020

https://gritsforbreakfast.blogspot.com/2020/05/hero-grandma-prevents-midland-cops-from.html

In Midland, bystander video caught police officers swarming a young black man with guns drawn after he allegedly rolled through a stop sign. They continued to point their guns and scream at him long after he'd laid down on the ground to give himself up, and from the video, it looked for all the world like he was about to be shot. The boy's 90-year old grandmother was a friggin' hero! She went out into the yard in her pink house dress with a cane and stood over her grandson. That forced the officers to finally step forward and end the confrontation, but not before knocking her to the ground as well. The man's lawyers allege he was assaulted afterward in the back of a police car. This was utterly unnecessary. Why are police officers trained to behave this way?

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CARWtvCpbi0/?utm_source=ig_embed

justin.a.moore
Numerous cops with guns drawn & 90 yr old assaulted by cops

I just spoke with Tye Anders’ mother. He’s the young man who had pistols drawn on him in this video. His alleged offense was rolling through a stop sign. Recently, he’d been getting pulled over and harassed by the Midland, TX police a lot. A dozen officers swarmed his grandmothers, guns drawn, as if this was a response to a violent offense. It wasnt. As Tye laid on the ground compliant, yet scared, his 90 year old grandmother came out to deescalate this high stress situation by praying for her grandson and officers. That also didn’t work. As the officers approached, they ended up assaulting her and knocking a 90 year old woman to the ground. According to the family, this elder passed out moments after being pushed to the ground. They have taken her to get medical attention to make sure she didn’t experience a stroke, or any other serious complication. This was all for an alleged traffic stop. We need Midland Police to address this issue immediately. Come back for action items

Offline EdinVA

Offline PeteS in CA

Why are police officers trained to behave this way?

Got evidence to support this claim? Training manuals? Videos? Race-baiting claims like this are the reason some people are highly skeptical in the face of real abuse or the Arbery case.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline EdinVA

They continued to point their guns and scream at him long after he'd laid down on the ground to give himself up
The only screaming I heard was from the woman taking the video.  The officers were having to shout over her to be heard.

, and from the video, it looked for all the world like he was about to be shot.

None of the officers had their fingers on the triggers so he was not about to be shot but they were prepared to protect themselves from the spectators which seemed to be the real threat.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
VIDEO: City of Midland releases body camera footage from Tye Anders arrest

https://www.cbs7.com/content/news/VIDEO-City-of-Midland-releases-body-camera-footage-from-Tye-Anders-arrest-570713481.html

MIDLAND, Tx. (KOSA) -- The City of Midland has released body camera video from the arrest of Tye Anders on Saturday, May 16.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Several videos were released by the city. You can watch a shortened video above or several longer videos by clicking the links below. WARNING: The videos contain language and content that some viewers may find disturbing.

MPD VIDEO 1

MPD VIDEO 2

MPD VIDEO 3

MPD VIDEO 4

Anders was arrested and charged with evading arrest after police initially tried to pull him over for refusing to comply with a traffic stop.

Anders' family and their lawyer held a press conference on Tuesday where they said Anders was assaulted while handcuffed in the back of the police car, and that the charge against him should be dropped.

The City of Midland held a news conference on Wednesday where Mayor Patrick Payton announced they would not be making the body cam and dashcam footage available to the public immediately.

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

What's with the number of cops these days that are shorter than the patrol cars they drive?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Wow, what a mess....

Just a few observations on my behalf from the footage.:

(1) The guy did run a stop sign.
(2) Guy did not pull over in a timely manner, and IMO equates to evading a traffic stop.
(3) Perp sounded violent, irrational, and basically out of his mind.  Cops were justified in pulling weapons.
(4) Family members/friends? touched and interferred with arrest.  They should be cited too.
(5) Behavior of the perp, makes me really interested in how his TOX screen pans out.
(6) Was vehicle searched for drugs and contraband?  I have my wagers ready.
(7) Were their priors with this suspect? I have my wagers on that one too.
(8) Assault in the back seat?  Did anyone notice this guy kicking and thrashing....  He was a lanky human weapon by himself.

As ususal, there are multiple sides of every story.  From my vantage point, I don't see anything wrong with how the cops operated. 

And hell no.  Grandma, a'int no hero.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 08:03:51 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
why would anyone care nowadays to interact with lying animals like this? A job that I would avoid like the plague.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

Wow, what a mess....

Just a few observations on my behalf from the footage.:

(1) The guy did run a stop sign.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This site Gritsforbreakfast is attempting to make this a racial incident.

It is a crime to resist police making an order.

And family members are as guilty as the perp.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington