Author Topic: Dershowitz: 'Anti-vaxxers' misusing the Bible  (Read 1151 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Dershowitz: 'Anti-vaxxers' misusing the Bible
« on: May 24, 2020, 05:13:27 am »
Dershowitz: 'Anti-vaxxers' misusing the Bible
'We all know that the devil can cite scripture to his purposes'

Renowned civil libertarian Alan M. Dershowitz reacted Friday to Bible-citing critics of his contention that the Constitution gives the state the power to forcibly vaccinate citizens to curb an infectious disease.

"Anti-vaxxers are free to cite science, philosophy, law — but do not miscite the Bible or God," he wrote in a column for the Gatestone Institute, where he serves as a senior fellow. "It is irreligious and insults the intelligence of those who have actually studied the Bible by assuming, as many do, that the Bible opposes everything they oppose."

The debate began Sunday when the famed Harvard Law School emeritus professor said in an interview the state has the power to forcibly "plunge a needle into your arm," as WND reported in a story linked by the Drudge Report. On Wednesday, Dershowitz told Fox News' Tucker Carlson that "one can make a plausible argument that nobody should be required to be subject to a dangerous vaccination to help other people." However, emphasizing it's settled as a constitutional issue, morally, he left open the door for forced vaccination, saying he wouldn't require someone to take a vaccine "unless it would prove very, very safe."

https://www.wnd.com/2020/05/dershowitz-anti-vaxxers-misuing-bible/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline roamer_1

Re: Dershowitz: 'Anti-vaxxers' misusing the Bible
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 05:47:24 am »
It ain't kosher. End of story.
That's all you need to know from the Bible.
Pig juice, aborted baby juice... Who knows what else.

HELL no.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 09:03:40 am »
Dershowitz is a so called Constitutional Law professor.

Unfortunately, people believe him .. when he is on their side!

I myself believe that he and Judge Nap are idiot partisans when it comes to Constitutional Law!

Both have ruled that the states Emergency Powers Act is constitutional and that the law can Make you take a vacination shot in a time of emergency!

I say .. Bull$#!T ... Just on Religious grounds alone!

But for some examples that I believe make it abundantly clear ...

In Marbury v. Madison (1803) the Supreme Court announced for the first time the principle that a court may declare an act of Congress void if it is inconsistent with the Constitution.
(So if even congress can be overruled on unconstitutional laws ...?)

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States.

"All laws that are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
Marbury v. Madison

Yes, there are people, even on here that will argue the Emergency Powers Act, which a rouge court ruled constitutional.

I and all Americans should simply ignore the ruling because .. Not even the so called Supreme Court should be allowed to trample the constitution!

« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 09:06:44 am by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 03:15:24 pm »
It ain't kosher. End of story.
That's all you need to know from the Bible.
Pig juice, aborted baby juice... Who knows what else.

HELL no.

:facepalm2:
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 03:27:54 pm »
:facepalm2:

TRUE. NOTHING in western medicine is prepared according to kosher. I am to KNOW what I am putting in my body. And there are some things that I should not put in my body. I don't know what's in that pill or shot. So thanks anyway, I will stick with God and what he prescribes... FROM the BIBLE.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 03:38:43 pm »
"Anti-vaxxers are free to cite science, philosophy, law — but do not miscite the Bible or God,"
https://www.wnd.com/2020/05/dershowitz-anti-vaxxers-misuing-bible/

The law is adequate enough.  It is government that insists on injecting religion into the equation by offering religious exceptions.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 04:11:27 pm »
TRUE. NOTHING in western medicine is prepared according to kosher. I am to KNOW what I am putting in my body. And there are some things that I should not put in my body. I don't know what's in that pill or shot. So thanks anyway, I will stick with God and what he prescribes... FROM the BIBLE.

Absolutely.  God has given us the natural ingredients to clean living.  Spiritual, mentally and physically.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Mod5

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2020, 05:57:45 pm »
1. @Chosen Daughter, you have been warned multiple times. Stop with the posts that are irrelevant to a thread's topic. @mystery-ak @Cyber Liberty

2. Others, when you quote an irrelevant post as happened in this thread that makes cleaning up a thread take longer.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2020, 07:03:36 pm »
1. @Chosen Daughter, you have been warned multiple times. Stop with the posts that are irrelevant to a thread's topic. @mystery-ak @Cyber Liberty

2. Others, when you quote an irrelevant post as happened in this thread that makes cleaning up a thread take longer.

Ok, I can see that.  I didn't really make it clear.

Trump and Dershowitz are in complete agreement.  And once the vaccine is ready they will push you to get it.  Not sure what the force will be, but Trump has already said as much.  Dershowitz is just the mouthpiece to pave the way to make people bad for not wanting it.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-says-military-will-mobilized-deliver-coronavirus-vaccine-end-year-1504024

Dershowitz has been a mouthpiece for Trump during impeachment and now to force people to get the vaccine.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2020, 07:09:23 pm »

We have been distracted by the 'vaccines cause autism' stuff to forgetting that the compilation of alot of vaccines is questionable.

They definitely put things in them that I don't want in my body just to get immunity, if you can ever have that with a flu virus anyway.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 07:10:08 pm »
Ok, I can see that.  I didn't really make it clear.

Trump and Dershowitz are in complete agreement.  And once the vaccine is ready they will push you to get it.  Not sure what the force will be, but Trump has already said as much.  Dershowitz is just the mouthpiece to pave the way to make people bad for not wanting it.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-says-military-will-mobilized-deliver-coronavirus-vaccine-end-year-1504024

Dershowitz has been a mouthpiece for Trump during impeachment and now to force people to get the vaccine.

Trump has said vaccines are to be mandatory? Cite please.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 07:11:23 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 07:18:13 pm »

Trump has said vaccines are to be mandatory? Cite please.

Not sure what the force will be, but Trump has already said as much.  Meaning, what?  What is the military going to do? Trump speak. 

Being that Dershowitz has started the anti vaxxer campaign its clear that people will be targeted for their objection.

Read the Newsweek article.  Trump said inoculations will be key to getting back to normal life, according to multiple officials.  Several of Trumps quotes are clear that there will be force.  Massive job.....etc .  I have interpreted it, and if you don't interpret it that way it is fine.  But that is the trouble with Trump speak.  Enough information to infer.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 07:23:49 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2020, 07:19:31 pm »
And once the vaccine is ready they will push you to get it.  Not sure what the force will be, but Trump has already said as much.

Show me where Trump said this.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2020, 07:21:03 pm »
That has to be one of the most ignorant arguments I have read to date.
I still believe peoples reluctance to vaccines is last of confidence in the system/government.
I want 100% guarantee that it will, first do no harm, and secondly, do what it is supposed to do.
There are simply to many unexplained allergies, disorders and syndromes popping up in our society.
Growing up I never heard of peanut allergies but now it seems as every kid around has it.

Rushing approval processes do neither.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2020, 07:26:32 pm »
Not sure what the force will be, but Trump has already said as much.  Meaning, what?  What is the military going to do? Trump speak. 

Being that Dershowitz has started the anti vaxxer campaign its clear that people will be targeted for their objection.

Read the Newsweek article.  Trump said inoculations will be key to getting back to normal life, according to multiple officials.  Several of Trumps quotes are clear that there will be force.  Massive job.....etc .  I have interpreted it, and if you don't interpret it that way it is fine.  But that is the trouble with Trump speak.  Enough information to infer.

They are only clear your fevered, anti-Trump mind of paranoid speculation and delusions.

Trump has been pretty even handed so far, why should he be any different from here?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2020, 07:27:36 pm »
Trump downplays the need for coronavirus vaccine: ‘It’ll go away at some point’

Kevin Breuninger, Berkeley Lovelace Jr.     |     May 15 20201:10 PM EDT     |     Updated Fri, May 15 20204:01 PM EDT

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/15/trump-downplays-need-for-coronavirus-vaccine-itll-go-away-at-some-point.html

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2020, 07:54:53 pm »
I still believe peoples reluctance to vaccines is last of confidence in the system/government.
I want 100% guarantee that it will, first do no harm, and secondly, do what it is supposed to do.
There are simply to many unexplained allergies, disorders and syndromes popping up in our society.
Growing up I never heard of peanut allergies but now it seems as every kid around has it.

How long to wait? Vacinnes have been widely used worldwide, for diseases that once killed hundreds of millions.

DPT-Polio being some.

Who here thinks it is God's will to try to help those that suffer?

Who think it is God's will to just let them suffer and die?

In the US in the 1890s Diptheria sufferers, gargled kerosene, before they died.

In the US Polio sufferers were crippled for life.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2020, 07:58:15 pm »
Trump downplays the need for coronavirus vaccine: ‘It’ll go away at some point’

Kevin Breuninger, Berkeley Lovelace Jr.     |     May 15 20201:10 PM EDT     |     Updated Fri, May 15 20204:01 PM EDT

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/15/trump-downplays-need-for-coronavirus-vaccine-itll-go-away-at-some-point.html

Is your head spinning?  That's clearly unstable thinking.  One day he is talking about military mobilization and literally the next day saying it will go away on its own. 

I don't believe a thing he says.  Maybe he was told that he shouldn't spill the beans too soon and cause massive fear reaction.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2020, 07:59:41 pm »
How long to wait? Vacinnes have been widely used worldwide, for diseases that once killed hundreds of millions.

DPT-Polio being some.

Who here thinks it is God's will to try to help those that suffer?

Who think it is God's will to just let them suffer and die?

In the US in the 1890s Diptheria sufferers, gargled kerosene, before they died.

In the US Polio sufferers were crippled for life.

And I will not care one bit if you get the vaccine yourself.  Then you may not consider drinking Clorox Bleach.  Nor will you have to take the combo drug just in case.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 08:01:19 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2020, 08:11:01 pm »

There are no 100% guarantees in life other than people will eventually die.  IMHO, (and taking the flu virus as an example) there isn't going to be a cure-all vaccine for this virus as there are over 30 strains.  Each year a vaccine is made to protect people from the flu.  That vaccine is hit or miss based on what strain of the flu they think is going to strike that year. 

Several reports have come out that the chloronique+zinc+z pack combo has saved lives.  Some reports say remedisvir has saved lives.  Other reports contradict both drugs. 

You are absolutely correct rushing the approval of a vaccine is a gamble. 

Also, the CDC just came out with a report that the death rate is much much lower than originally thought.  So ... I'm in no hurry to have myself injected with a vaccine for this virus.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2020, 08:17:08 pm »
We have been distracted by the 'vaccines cause autism' stuff to forgetting that the compilation of alot of vaccines is questionable.

They definitely put things in them that I don't want in my body just to get immunity, if you can ever have that with a flu virus anyway.

That's right

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2020, 08:21:15 pm »
Is your head spinning?  That's clearly unstable thinking.  One day he is talking about military mobilization and literally the next day saying it will go away on its own. 

I don't believe a thing he says.  Maybe he was told that he shouldn't spill the beans too soon and cause massive fear reaction.

@Chosen Daughter  you've brought up this point before.  There is a contrast in what he has stated, but in looking logically at what he said, it seems that IF and WHEN a vaccine is available he would use the military to expedite the administration of the vaccine.  The virus could very well go away on its own eventually, but no one knows if it will fade away in a month, six months, a year ... so in the meantime they are working on a vaccine.  As for the vaccine no one knows if they will find a successful vaccine tomorrow, six months from now or in a year.  We've never dealt with a pandemic and we have a multitude of people working on a solution; all with many different opinions.

Again, I give this President a lot of credit for handling things as expeditiously as he has.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2020, 08:22:38 pm »

Well no, that in part, but also a lack of confidence in modern medicine, if you want to call it that.

According to which decider? Who is believable?

FAR more than in our childhood. I recall one sickly boy in my youth... probably allergies. I recall one peanut allergy from my teens... very rare. Now everybody has an allergy.

Something ain't right.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2020, 08:31:28 pm »

@Chosen Daughter

Still waiting.  Show me the statement where Trump indicated he would force us to get the vaccine.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2020, 08:40:29 pm »

The simple step of eliminating mercury from vaccines would go a long way towards restoring trust.  However, vaccine makers seem hell-bent and determined to continue using mercury just to support the conventional vaccine narrative that mercury is safe.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-