Author Topic: Our universe not so special ??  (Read 3438 times)

Offline Quasar44

Our universe not so special ??
« on: May 24, 2020, 12:38:53 am »
Not at all
The “ big brains “ of theoretical physics “ the best brains on earth “ all believe our universe is one out of infinite ones in a 11 dimensional hyper space -known as the multiverse!!!

It’s way beyond my puny brain power to even think about

Right now ..new big bangs and new universes are appearing As I type this

Sorry I cannot explain this lol
This is string theory

Online The_Reader_David

Re: Our universe not so special ??
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 01:32:42 am »
You do realize that the appeal to 11 dimensions is from string theory, which hasn't produced a single testable prediction in 50 years and pushes all the interesting questions in physics off onto happenstance of an (unobservable) "string vacuum state" in the early universe.  And it's not where the supposed "multiverse" (a device as unobservable and unfalsifiable as Divine intervention at some point in the past) resides -- all the universes of supposed "multiverse" are supposedly 11 dimensional, just like ours.  (Why 11?  Because that seems to be the handiest way to get something almost like observed particle physics while not needing to learn any mathematics other than differential geometry, which is the only math most physicists learn.) They "other universes" are also unobservable, and thus unfalsifiable.  String theory long ago ceased to be science and became an atheist creation myth whose high-priests decide who gets funding to do "theoretical physics".

At least the debate over angels dancing on the head of a pin, back in the day, was about a real question:  whether physical space is infinitely divisible or not -- the interesting positions were "infinitely many" and "finitely many".  (BTW, the answer, we now know, is finitely divisible, since energy is quantized and attempting to divide space too finely involves making the energy density for the smallest probe to make the measurement so great that the probe collapses in its own Schwartzschild radius, making a black hole -- the length at with this happens is called the Planck length, and its existence say that differential geometry, which uses calculus and thus depends on space being infinitely divisible, can't be a good model for physics at the fundamental scale string theory supposedly deals with.)

And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Quasar44

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 03:51:16 am »
You do realize that the appeal to 11 dimensions is from string theory, which hasn't produced a single testable prediction in 50 years and pushes all the interesting questions in physics off onto happenstance of an (unobservable) "string vacuum state" in the early universe.  And it's not where the supposed "multiverse" (a device as unobservable and unfalsifiable as Divine intervention at some point in the past) resides -- all the universes of supposed "multiverse" are supposedly 11 dimensional, just like ours.  (Why 11?  Because that seems to be the handiest way to get something almost like observed particle physics while not needing to learn any mathematics other than differential geometry, which is the only math most physicists learn.) They "other universes" are also unobservable, and thus unfalsifiable.  String theory long ago ceased to be science and became an atheist creation myth whose high-priests decide who gets funding to do "theoretical physics".

At least the debate over angels dancing on the head of a pin, back in the day, was about a real question:  whether physical space is infinitely divisible or not -- the interesting positions were "infinitely many" and "finitely many".  (BTW, the answer, we now know, is finitely divisible, since energy is quantized and attempting to divide space too finely involves making the energy density for the smallest probe to make the measurement so great that the probe collapses in its own Schwartzschild radius, making a black hole -- the length at with this happens is called the Planck length, and its existence say that differential geometry, which uses calculus and thus depends on space being infinitely divisible, can't be a good model for physics at the fundamental scale string theory supposedly deals with.)

I not very knowledgeable in mathematics but apparently the calculus says 11 dim
Yes they are working on new tests such as more powerful atom smashers .
 String did produce and calculate the HB particle !!
 It does explain Dark matter and energy

It maybe true ,but still not any real concrete evidence, but with advances in engineering- it could be realty

Offline Quasar44

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 03:54:58 am »
I am not seeing “ any politics in this “
This theory is widely supported but ..the progress is slow
It is the unified theory of everything ..if true or it’s a
giant waste of billions and decades

There has to be a correlation from Newton and Einstein to QM

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 05:59:43 am »
I am not seeing “ any politics in this “
This theory is widely supported but ..the progress is slow
It is the unified theory of everything ..if true or it’s a
giant waste of billions and decades

There has to be a correlation from Newton and Einstein to QM

Quantum physics, like Evolution, and like every other thing science is coming up with always seems to start with 'Once upon a time'. Fairy tales. No proofs. That is not science.

Offline Quasar44

Re: Our universe not so special ??rB
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 06:22:15 am »
Quantum physics, like Evolution, and like every other thing science is coming up with always seems to start with 'Once upon a time'. Fairy tales. No proofs. That is not science.

Evolution is 100 percent fact !! Anyone who disagrees is “ Science illiterate”
String theory has the math but not the “ physical evidence “..yet

Evolution has the genetics/DNA, the fossil record and many other things .
For example , Your DNA and a fish DNA are very similar and suggest common origins . Your arm  and a cats paw are Very similar in origins . Humans are littered with bad evolutionary designs and dead ends

The Bible is good for morals and teachings but it has zero science !!!

Offline Quasar44

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 06:25:45 am »
QM is 100 percent fact
They have many decades of experiments from the 1920s and the knowledge of the “ strangeness “ of how electrons behave . Without QM .you have no computer and many other things.

They know electrons can exist in both wave and particle forms and can exist in infinite states

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2020, 11:54:41 am »
Our universe may not be so special but our planet Earth is in the right place in the Goldilocks Zone for life. Life begat us and all the other wonderful creatures on it.

True, it will end when the sun dies, most likely engulfing Earth, but my hope is by then humans will become interplanetary people. Or go out by Darwin’s law. Who knows?

The more we are learning about other exoplanets we are finding out that gas giants, rocky planets, hot Jupiter’s, and the like are quite common. Some solar systems have their gas giants closer to the sun than we do and some have Earth like planets so much bigger than ours.

What makes our solar system unique to us is that it’s ours.

Welcome to TBR @Quasar44  0005a 0005a
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online The_Reader_David

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2020, 02:09:52 pm »
I not very knowledgeable in mathematics but apparently the calculus says 11 dim
Yes they are working on new tests such as more powerful atom smashers .
 String did produce and calculate the HB particle !!
 It does explain Dark matter and energy

It maybe true ,but still not any real concrete evidence, but with advances in engineering- it could be realty

The Higgs is a prediction of the symmetry breakings in the Standard Model and the Goldstone mechanism, not of string theory -- stuffing the Standard Model (Higgs boson included) into string theory is why they need 11 dimensions (or maybe it's 10, they don't seem to have quite resolved that).  As to "dark matter and dark energy", physicists only posit their existence to fit observations we don't understand into physics we think we do (some large scale gravitational anomalies for dark matter and inflation in the early universe for dark energy) -- they're called "dark" because we can't observe them.  You may find the discussion of string theory here: https://golem.ph.utexas.edu/category/2007/02/this_weeks_finds_in_mathematic_7.html interesting.  One of the posters uses my favorite analogy for "dark matter and dark energy" in it -- "gaseous Vulcan".  (My close colleague who works on applications of category theory -- the sort of mathematics I do --  to fundamental physics also likes that analogy.)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 08:00:57 pm by The_Reader_David »
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2020, 03:00:54 pm »
Evolution is 100 percent fact !! Anyone who disagrees is “ Science illiterate”
String theory has the math but not the “ physical evidence “..yet

Evolution has the genetics/DNA, the fossil record and many other things .
For example , Your DNA and a fish DNA are very similar and suggest common origins . Your arm  and a cats paw are Very similar in origins . Humans are littered with bad evolutionary designs and dead ends

The Bible is good for morals and teachings but it has zero science !!!

No, it's 100% bullshit. And I say that BECAUSE of the science, not because of the Word of YHWH, which I DO believe upon. Because the science fails its own prescription.

But then you seem content to live with contradiction, or you would know what I am saying already - What good is the Bible WITHOUT Torah? Without Genesis? If you write off Genesis you can write of ALL of it.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 03:03:29 pm »
QM is 100 percent fact

PROVE IT.

You cannot. Literally, you cannot. IT HAS NO PROOFS.

Ergo. NOT SCIENCE.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 03:20:42 pm »
This is the right thread for this, so I'll leave it right here:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2020, 03:58:58 pm »
PROVE IT.

Ergo. NOT SCIENCE.

It's hard to prove but it's more based on fact than the Bible is.

God may exist indeed but if He does He should be proven through Science, not through blindly believing a book.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2020, 04:04:47 pm »
It's hard to prove but it's more based on fact than the Bible is.

Not true.

God may exist indeed but if He does He should be proven through Science, not through blindly believing a book.

As long as science denies the supernatural, of its nature it cannot see any god of any kind.
As to the proofs that do exist, you and I would interpret the data entirely differently.

Who is 'blindly believing'? I would say the same of those who blindly follow the religion of science... Which really has not been science since Newton's day.

Offline Quasar44

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2020, 06:44:50 pm »
No, it's 100% bullshit. And I say that BECAUSE of the science, not because of the Word of YHWH, which I DO believe upon. Because the science fails its own prescription.

But then you seem content to live with contradiction, or you would know what I am saying already - What good is the Bible WITHOUT Torah? Without Genesis? If you write off Genesis you can write of ALL of it.

You are in the 19th Century with that kind of thinking .

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2020, 06:47:42 pm »
You are in the 19th Century with that kind of thinking .

Thank God for that. The sophistry disguised in modernity is a lie.

Offline Quasar44

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2020, 06:50:20 pm »
Our universe may not be so special but our planet Earth is in the right place in the Goldilocks Zone for life. Life begat us and all the other wonderful creatures on it.

True, it will end when the sun dies, most likely engulfing Earth, but my hope is by then humans will become interplanetary people. Or go out by Darwin’s law. Who knows?

The more we are learning about other exoplanets we are finding out that gas giants, rocky planets, hot Jupiter’s, and the like are quite common. Some solar systems have their gas giants closer to the sun than we do and some have Earth like planets so much bigger than ours.

What makes our solar system unique to us is that it’s ours.

Welcome to TBR @Quasar44  0005a 0005a

Hello and thx.   

We don’t have the technology yet to really detect smaller rocky planets . I assume there is billions of planets that have “ advanced life “
 Oddly ..they would have found us by now ???
 Maybe they have ...and don’t think we’re worth a visit !!

Offline Quasar44

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2020, 06:52:03 pm »
Humans will have colonies within 50 light years in the next few centuries
The sun dying in billions of years has no relevance

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2020, 07:10:55 pm »

888high58888

www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-ewaCVARtM
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2020, 07:18:14 pm »
THE BOOK OF GENESIS:

Chapter 1

[1:1] In the beginning when God created the heavens and the earth,
[1:2] the earth was a formless void and darkness covered the face of the deep, while a wind from God swept over the face of the waters...................

Chapter 50

........... And Joseph died, being one hundred ten years old; he was embalmed and placed in a coffin in Egypt.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/bible/genesis/documents/bible_genesis_en.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2020, 07:57:55 pm »
Humans will have colonies within 50 light years in the next few centuries
The sun dying in billions of years has no relevance

You've watched far too much Star Trek.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2020, 08:01:00 pm »

Anything's possible, once we get the Food Replicators up and running....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Quasar44

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2020, 08:10:46 pm »

It’s only a question of engineering
They need AI first and the rest will be easy

Star Trek is vast glaxies
I am only taking about local regions in the Milky Way
Humans in 200 yrs will be living on dozens of nearby planets

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2020, 08:11:54 pm »
THE BOOK OF GENESIS:

It means EXACTLY what it says, or the whole thing falls apart.

Without the direct lineage from Adam to Yeshua the death on the cross is no victory. In the very real and technical sense, he cannot, under the law, be the salvation of ALL mankind without that direct proof and descent. And Adam necessarily MUST be the first Man.

Likewise prophecy breaks - The Jubilees, an incredible prophetic clock becomes nothing. The prophetic calculation between Adam and Noah, Noah and Abraham, Abraham and Yeshuah, again becomes void. I could go on and on and on. Even the names of the Patriarchs, necessarily in their order, cry out the truth.

People who claim otherwise have a shallow anchor in the scripture... Ignorant of the delicate timepiece built within it, and all too ready to destroy what they know not.

Online The_Reader_David

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2020, 08:12:55 pm »
PROVE IT.

Ergo. NOT SCIENCE.

You are confusing mathematics and science.  Mathematics has proofs.  Science has falsifications and truths which are always tentative because they fit all the observations thus far, but could be overthrown by a new one.  (Consider Newtonian mechanics, overthrown by the precession of Mercury.)  Quantum mechanics (QM) is as true as anything in science has ever been, as is general relativity.  String theory not so much.

The two-slit experiment with both electrons and photons and its success in describing the hydrogen atom are enough to establish the truth of quantum mechanics.  Other more subtle experiments have shown that unless you're willing to accept instantaneous cause at a distance (which runs into trouble with general relativity) there isn't a classical hidden variables theory that could do the job.  (As a wag replying to Einstein's "God doesn't play dice" put it after the experiments that showed the violations of Bell's inequalities -- conditions that would have to hold if there were a local classical hidden variables theory that accounted for quantum mechanical phenomena -- in nature put it, "God not only plays dice, He rolls them where they can't be seen.")

The irritating thing about the current state of physics is we have two theories that explain different aspects of nature, each verified by experiments with accuracy of something like 10^(-14) in the relevant units, which cannot be reconciled -- one can only do quantum mechanics in a classical background, not a relativistic background.  And no, string theory doesn't help.