Author Topic: Pollster: 50-point swing from 2016 in Biden's favor among voters who hate both candidates  (Read 269 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pollster: 50-point swing from 2016 in Biden's favor among voters who hate both candidates
by Daniel Chaitin
 | May 23, 2020 01:34 PM

Dislike of both major candidates worked out for President Trump in 2016. It doesn't look like it will pan out in his favor in 2020.

Charlie Cook, editor of the popular politics blog Cook Political Report, said Quinnipiac University crunched the numbers, and they show that voters who dislike both Joe Biden and Trump will vote for Biden by a larger margin than they jilted Hillary Clinton four years ago — a swing of about 50 points.

"I asked the Quinnipiac people — they're terrific, by the way — I asked them today if they could run something to see: OK, of the people that have an unfavorable view of both Donald Trump and Joe Biden, how do they break on the trial heat? And Biden is ahead 49-18 among the people that dislike both of them, while they cut by a 20-point margin against Hillary Clinton," he said last week on MSNBC.

"So, this is something, it's very, very — to me, it's really interesting," he continued as host Lawrence O'Donnell said, "Wow."

excerpt:
Biden commands a strong 5.5-point lead over Trump in general election polls, but polling data also show Trump ahead in every battleground state, giving him the Electoral College advantage. In late May 2016, according to the RealClearPolitics general election tracker, Trump and Clinton were neck and neck, though generally throughout the contest, Clinton had stronger polling numbers before her defeat.

One major factor this time around will be the economy, a strength Trump had loudly touted before the COVID-19 pandemic.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/pollster-50-point-swing-from-2016-in-bidens-favor-among-voters-who-hate-both-candidates
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I disagree. If given a 50/50 choice of either Trump or Biden, it is possible many would go for Biden.
But that is not reality. Most people who hate Trump but cannot blender their brains enough to make them vote for Crazy Joe, will vote third party, or they will write in their favorite choice.

This poll is creating an unrealistic case, and then asking people how they would react if it was reality.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.