Author Topic: ‘Alive by the grace of God’: Texas GOP chairman candidate Allen West injured in motorcycle crash  (Read 380 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Alive by the grace of God’: Texas GOP chairman candidate Allen West injured in motorcycle crash
The crash left West with a concussion, several fractured bones and multiple lacerations, according to a Sunday morning update on his Facebook page.

By Catherine Marfin

7:06 PM on May 23, 2020 — Updated at 9:33 AM on May 24, 2020

Updated at 9:30 a.m. May 24: Revised to include additional details.

Allen West, the former Florida congressman and recent candidate to chair the Texas Republican Party, was injured in a motorcycle accident just outside Waco on Saturday, according to numerous posts on social media.

“Please pray for Allen West," Dr. Angela Graham-West, his wife, posted on Facebook early Saturday evening. She wrote that he was in the emergency room after his motorcycle was hit outside Waco. “On my way to hospital now.”

An update on West’s Facebook page Sunday morning said he was recovering and in stable condition. The crash left him with a concussion, several fractured bones and multiple lacerations.

“I am alive by the grace of God,” West said in a statement Sunday morning.

About 7:50 p.m. Saturday, an update on West’s Twitter page stated that authorities said a car had cut West off, causing him to collide with another motorcycle. He was airlifted to a hospital, the post stated.

Allen West
2 hours ago

Team West here with the latest update as reported in the official press release posted this morning:

On his drive back from the “Free Texas Rally” in Austin, TX, Lt. Col. Allen West was involved in an accident when a car cut in front of him. He is recovering, in stable condition, and has his family with him.

Local law enforcement reported that “an unidentified vehicle changed lanes when unsafe in front of two motorcyclists. The motorcyclist attempted to brake, and the rear motorcyclist crashed into the front motorcyclist. Both motorcyclists were transported to Baylor Scott and White in Waco to be treated for non-life threatening injuries.”

Allen West is currently dealing with a concussion, several fractured bones, and multiple lacerations. Though these injuries are serious, Lt. Col. West stated, “I am alive by the grace of God.”

He plans to continue to be a proponent for freedom and the state of Texas, and will resume his normal calendar of activities as given clearance by his medical team.

LTC West thanks the public for their well-wishes and outpouring of support, and continued prayers on his behalf are appreciated.

more
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2020/05/23/former-us-congressman-allen-west-injured-in-motorcycle-accident-near-waco/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Geez...

So glad Col. West is going to be okay.  Great American.

OTOH, (and I may be slammed)....

Common sense dictates that guys generally  over 50 really shouldn't be riding motorcycles.  Reaction time and vison accuity alone.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

Geez...

So glad Col. West is going to be okay.  Great American.

OTOH, (and I may be slammed)....

Common sense dictates that guys generally  over 50 really shouldn't be riding motorcycles.  Reaction time and vison acuity alone.

These days it's just not safe on the road in any vehicle, largely because of stupid motorists.  For example, in Col. West's case, the car driver apparently cut him off.  In my neck of the woods, we've had several motorcycle accidents recently, one of which was fatal.  I believe in all of these accidents, the driver of the car was at fault   Everyone is in a hurry nowadays and in some cases, they just simply don't like motorcycles. 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
These days it's just not safe on the road in any vehicle, largely because of stupid motorists.  For example, in Col. West's case, the car driver apparently cut him off.  In my neck of the woods, we've had several motorcycle accidents recently, one of which was fatal.  I believe in all of these accidents, the driver of the car was at fault   Everyone is in a hurry nowadays and in some cases, they just simply don't like motorcycles.

Good points.  I also wonder how much of a detriment some these new safety features like collison avoidance, adaptive cruise control, lane departure avoidance, etc. are creating a less attentive and complacent driver.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
To be fair there are jerks on both sides, often bikers lane split and come up out of nowhere and often they think it's great fun to rap their pipes and scare the crap out of some old person. There is a need for more courtesy and awareness, in general, from both sides. And as I can attest living near retirement communities there are plenty of senior drivers that should have their licenses retired too!