Author Topic: Jeff Sessions tells Trump his 'anger' over recusal won't swing Senate race  (Read 3599 times)

Offline EdinVA

Manafort was under investigation even before Trump brought him onto his campaign.
So why did the government wait until the mueller charade to "charge" him?  Just to put pressure on him to turn on Trump..

I don't know what you consider "white collar" crime but this guy was swimming in corruption.
White-collar crime is a nonviolent crime committed for financial gain. According to the FBI, a key agency that investigates these offenses, "these crimes are characterized by deceit, concealment, or violation of trust." The motivation for these crimes is to obtain or avoid losing money, property, or services, or to secure a personal or business advantage.
Manifort has/had no history of violence so why the midnight raid?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Very true.  And I am not going to argue the point of whether Trump crossed any lines trying to influence investigators.  Sessions or any other sane person would have gotten the hell out of Dodge when that circus was going on.  And now, Trump just can't let things go, and slimes anyone who doesn't toe his line.   

If Trump directed half of his vitriol toward left wing garbage, rather than proven conservatives, I'd be a whole lot more inclined to do more than just silently vote for him.

True.  If I was going to fault Sessions for anything it would be not getting out sooner.

Yes, exactly.  He still embraces liberals over Conservatives.  All of his problems have been his own appointments, and ties to liberal New York.  Like Cohen who wants to write the tell all book.  Amorosa, Giuliani and his Ukrainian criminals...….
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Right_in_Virginia

I can remember when the AG used to be an independent entity,

The DOJ is not a fourth branch of government and has never been an independent entity.  It has always been, and is now, part of the Executive Branch of Government.  The AG reports directly to the President and is a member of his cabinet.

Offline Chosen Daughter

So why did the government wait until the mueller charade to "charge" him?  Just to put pressure on him to turn on Trump..
White-collar crime is a nonviolent crime committed for financial gain. According to the FBI, a key agency that investigates these offenses, "these crimes are characterized by deceit, concealment, or violation of trust." The motivation for these crimes is to obtain or avoid losing money, property, or services, or to secure a personal or business advantage.

Lets turn that.  Why did Trump hire him onto his Campaign.  No vetting or that his ties with pro Russian Ukraine and foreign lobbying was too tempting to get Russia's support?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

The DOJ is not a fourth branch of government and has never been an independent entity.  It has always been, and is now, part of the Executive Branch of Government.  The AG reports directly to the President and is a member of his cabinet.

Trump is mad at AG Barr now too.  Barr said he isn't going to use his job for politics.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

For the same reason people like Capone could only be nailed for something like Tax Evasion....  These guys at the top, are careful, calculatng, and have enough insulation to make it extremely difficult for law enforcement to nab.  Feds probably saw it wasn't worth the effort at the time.  But make no mistake ....   Manfort was one crooked sleazy dude.

That's the rub.  Manafort's mistake was entering the lair of high stakes political dirty work, with a complicit MSM. 
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 03:26:15 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Lets turn that.  Why did Trump hire him onto his Campaign.  No vetting or that his ties with pro Russian Ukraine and foreign lobbying was too tempting to get Russia's support?

Have you any idea how many lobbyists have worked for Russia over the past 20 years?  Or Ukraine?  Or China? Or Saudi Arabia?

You can't spit in the wind in Washington without hitting one.  It's only become a "problem" with the Russia hoax "investigation".

You need a better understanding of how WDC has worked for 50 years.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 03:27:07 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Trump is mad at AG Barr now too.  Barr said he isn't going to use his job for politics.

I don't think the man can help himself.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EdinVA

No, not gonna happen... This is not about Trump.
This is about the gross abuse of power by federal agencies to pursue political agendas.
 It was the AG's job to pull the plug on witch hunts and he did not do it.

Eliminating the farcical russia collusion mueller hit job would not have prevented the government from prosecuting manifort.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Please, post to me when you've something intelligent to say.

Thanks.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
No, not gonna happen... This is not about Trump.
This is about the gross abuse of power by federal agencies to pursue political agendas.
 It was the AG's job to pull the plug on witch hunts and he did not do it.

Eliminating the farcical russia collusion mueller hit job would not have prevented the government from prosecuting manifort.

I have always said if we eliminated everything in the U.S goverment besides Defense, State, and Treasury, (80-90%), and turn over regulatory and adminstrative functionality to the states, we would have the country our founders intended.

There's a reason they call it the swamp.

Offline aligncare

Using facts to argue with people who’ve made up there minds to ignore the facts is a waste of a holiday weekend.

Happy Memorial Day! @Right_in_Virginia   @EdinVA  @Cyber Liberty  :patriot:  Pray for America! It’s time well spent.

:amen:

Online Right_in_Virginia

Using facts to argue with people who’ve made up there minds to ignore the facts is a waste of a holiday weekend.

Happy Memorial Day! @Right_in_Virginia   @EdinVA  @Cyber Liberty  :patriot:  Pray for America! It’s time well spent.  :amen:

Mega dittos!  @aligncare

Offline EdinVA

Happy Memorial Day! @Right_in_Virginia   @EdinVA  @Cyber Liberty  :patriot:  Pray for America! It’s time well spent.

You are right.. .have a great weekend. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Thanks, @aligncare!  And a good Holiday to you as well!  We have much to be thankful for this Memorial Day.  Our legal system where innocence is assumed, until guilt is proven, even though there are still some who don't seem to agree with that principle.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

Have you any idea how many lobbyists have worked for Russia over the past 20 years?  Or Ukraine?  Or China? Or Saudi Arabia?

You can't spit in the wind in Washington without hitting one.  It's only become a "problem" with the Russia hoax "investigation".

You need a better understanding of how WDC has worked for 50 years.

This is no hoax.  Trump surrounded himself with people willing to break the law to forward his campaign.  Its a trail of prosecutions and foreign lobbying.  Even Rudy Giuliani and his friends Igor and Fruman.  BTW these guys are tied to a Rabbi in Ukraine and they think Trump is the Jewish Messiah.  They told Trump at a 2018 donor dinner at the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C.

Donald Trump is the messiah.

By Larry Yudelson
January 30, 2020, 10:00 am  0

https://jewishstandard.timesofisrael.com/donald-trump-is-the-messiah/

Probably where Dershowitz came in to sing Trumps tune.

This isn't just political but its religious in nature.

Which brings me to recently where a very high up Rabbi in Israel declared he had been in contact with the Messiah.

Israeli Rabbi Says He’s Already Holding Meetings With Messiah
Israel’s biggest rabbis are all afraid to leave the country lest they miss Messiah’s coming

https://www.israeltoday.co.il/read/israeli-rabbi-says-hes-already-holding-meetings-with-messiah/

This is no conspiracy.  Its major news  Jewish Standard and Israel Today.  And whether Trump thinks they are right they were the players in all this.

Global
Why is Rudy Giuliani close with this Hasidic Ukrainian rabbi?
By Sam Sokol and Anna Myroniuk October 28, 2019 3:19 pm

https://www.jta.org/2019/10/28/global/why-is-rudy-giuliani-close-with-this-hasidic-ukrainian-rabbi

https://www.christiantoday.com/article/is-donald-trump-the-messiah-or-his-forerunner-some-rabbis-in-israel-believe-so/103053.htm
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 04:25:58 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Applewood

:thud:

I have no words.  Maybe it's because I haven't had coffee yet.

No words?  Appears to me you found 12 of them.    LOL

Look.  I've been going round and round with people about Manafort and Flynn for quite a few months now and I'm tired of it.  All I want to know is how Jeff Sessions' recusal ruined their lives.  No one it seems can adequately explain that one to me.  .   

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Look.  I've been going round and round with people about Manafort and Flynn for quite a few months now and I'm tired of it.  All I want to know is how Jeff Sessions' recusal ruined their lives.  No one it seems can adequately explain that one to me.  .

You got to follow the logic.  Deeply entrenched Trump supporters attack on cue anyone Trump tweets negatively about.  Check  TOS for iron clad proof there. It is almost like clockwork.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 04:27:12 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline skeeter

Thanks, @aligncare!  And a good Holiday to you as well!  We have much to be thankful for this Memorial Day.  Our legal system where innocence is assumed, until guilt is proven, even though there are still some who don't seem to agree with that principle.

Did you know that makes you an entrenched Trump supporter? :tongue2:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

You seem to think that no innocent person has ever pleaded guilty to a crime he did not commit.  You are either naive or willfully ignorant about how the just-us system works.  And I do agree, nobody can adequately explain it to you.  That is why I have trouble finding words, even having had some Java.

You aren't listening, and are clinging to a POV that has been eclipsed by events. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Yes, I have certainly been accused of that.  In this case, I'm just a fuddy-duddy who wants to see people being considered innocent until proven guilty, and I will never see that from some quarters. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

I think Cyber is more objective than that.  And don't diss me for my anti-Trump posts.  I pretty much run 50-50 in that department.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think Cyber is more objective than that.  And don't diss me for my anti-Trump posts.  I pretty much run 50-50 in that department.

Yes, you do.  I appreciate your posts.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

I'm not dissing you for anything anti Trump. I'm wondering why you feel the need to continually tell us how 50-50 you are.

Just curious, no big thing.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm not dissing you for anything anti Trump. I'm wondering why you feel the need to continually tell us how 50-50 you are.

Just curious, no big thing.

It's necessary because there are people on either side willing to claim, "You lie!  You're just a partisan Trump hater/lover!"
I will NOT comply.