Author Topic: Jeff Sessions tells Trump his 'anger' over recusal won't swing Senate race  (Read 3591 times)

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
And here is the real kicker.  Tuberville's own twitter. 

https://twitter.com/TTuberville

Nothing about him.  All about Sessions.  All about what Sessions did to Trump.  He has nothing.
I can see you feel strongly about this, if I were you I wouldn't vote for him, that's my advice to you just don't vote for him.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I can see you feel strongly about this, if I were you I wouldn't vote for him, that's my advice to you just don't vote for him.

Oh, yes I do feel strongly about it.  I'm tired of Fake, phony Trump and his circus act.  And I have news for him.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
·
5h

....price. You should drop out of the race & pray that super liberal
@DougJones
, a weak & pathetic puppet for Crazy Nancy Pelosi & Cryin’ Chuck Schumer, gets beaten badly. He voted for impeachment based on “ZERO”. Disgraced Alabama. Coach
@TTuberville
 will be a GREAT Senator!

He should be the one praying that the Democrat doesn't win after he promotes this nothing burger over the Conservative.  And Sessions had a Conservative record before he accepted a job with Trumpy.  Tubberville is a joke.  I will hold him directly responsible because that guy has nothing, NOTHING to offer to Alabama.  Only that he has his head up Trumps behind so far he'll never see the light of day again.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't see how Sessions' recusal had any bearing on Manafort and Flynn.  Seems to me the prosecutors found evidence of wrongdoing by both men and they were prosecuted. They would have been prosecuted whether Sessions was still AG or not. 

Well, Manafort is out now and it looks like Flynn may be let go too, so where have those two been ruined?

So you were OK with what Mueller did to Flynn?  Good to know. **nononono*
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

Regarding Manafort. He was guilty of a white collar crime, but was treated disproportionately to others who were guilty of the very same crime. He was treated as if he murdered someone.

And, as for Roger Stone, the man was persecuted for his political views. The prosecution was total bullshit! His crime was being a friend of Trump.

Offline skeeter

Regarding Manafort. He was guilty of a white collar crime, but was treated disproportionately to others who were guilty of the very same crime. He was treated as if he murdered someone.

And, as for Roger Stone, the man was persecuted for his political views. The prosecution was total bullshit! His crime was being a friend of Trump.

Hadn't the FBI investigated Manafort in years previous for the same offenses and had decided not to prosecute?

Offline aligncare

Hadn't the FBI investigated Manafort in years previous for the same offenses and had decided not to prosecute?

Eggzactly. Manafort was also placed in solidarity confinement. One has to wonder why was that done to him?

And about Stone, the clear evidence that his conviction was political is the fact that the presiding judge enjoined him from even speaking on social media! She stripped him of his first amendment rights!

Offline Applewood

I don't know -- seems to me if Flynn was found guilty, then it is established that he was guilty of some crime.  Now if you or anyone else has any evidence to prove he isn't guilty, then bring it.  I notice though that the post-trial and appeal motions don't offer any evidence of his innocence -- just a lot of accusation of impropriety by the judge and jury and I don't know if there is proof of any of that either.

But I notice that nowhere is it mentioned that Jeff Sessions had anything to do with Manafort's and Flynn's arrests and convictions.  So how can Sessions be blamed for what happened to them? 

Oh, I know.  Sessions, if he was a good lap dog like Barr, was supposed to shield them and Trump from any investigation and prosecution.  Well, sorry.  That isn't what an AG is supposed to do.

Offline EdinVA

I don't know -- seems to me if Flynn was found guilty, then it is established that he was guilty of some crime.  Now if you or anyone else has any evidence to prove he isn't guilty, then bring it.  I notice though that the post-trial and appeal motions don't offer any evidence of his innocence -- just a lot of accusation of impropriety by the judge and jury and I don't know if there is proof of any of that either.

But I notice that nowhere is it mentioned that Jeff Sessions had anything to do with Manafort's and Flynn's arrests and convictions.  So how can Sessions be blamed for what happened to them? 

Oh, I know.  Sessions, if he was a good lap dog like Barr, was supposed to shield them and Trump from any investigation and prosecution.  Well, sorry.  That isn't what an AG is supposed to do.
Consider that the government, mueller, had unlimited resources, not just money, but the full support of the intelligence agencies, the Treasury Department, and the Department of injustice.
With such overwhelming tools, mueller could have found YOU guilty of anything he wanted...
Is that what we want our justice system to be?
If so, what separates us from any of the banana republics the world has ever known?
The will full destruction of citizens, guilty or not, for political gain is treason no matter which way you cut it.

Offline Applewood

Consider that the government, mueller, had unlimited resources, not just money, but the full support of the intelligence agencies, the Treasury Department, and the Department of injustice.
With such overwhelming tools, mueller could have found YOU guilty of anything he wanted...
Is that what we want our justice system to be?
If so, what separates us from any of the banana republics the world has ever known?
The will full destruction of citizens, guilty or not, for political gain is treason no matter which way you cut it.

Oh brother!  Conspiracy theories and speculation.  The government is out to get us all.   *****rollingeyes*****

You mention a banana republic.  Would you rather we have a situation where government agencies like the Department of Justice protect wrongdoers from prosecution just because they are friends and allies of Trump?  If that's what you want, then I guess you are in favor of this country becoming a banana republic. 

Offline EdinVA

Oh brother!  Conspiracy theories and speculation.  The government is out to get us all.   *****rollingeyes*****

You mention a banana republic.  Would you rather we have a situation where government agencies like the Department of Justice protect wrongdoers from prosecution just because they are friends and allies of Trump?  If that's what you want, then I guess you are in favor of this country becoming a banana republic.

If you cannot recognize the conspiracies, then you are not paying attention.
I would rather live in a country where justice was truley blind, where the accuser had to do more than run a few media hit pieces to destroy people, where the facts matter.

Offline aligncare

A 33-year service record in uniform and this is how he’s treated? Why? Just because Obama didn’t like him and his FBI was turned lose on him in an effort to get Trump, he should go to prison?

For heaven’s sake, the DOJ withdrew the case! Why would they do that after getting a guilty plea?

Because he was set up by the FBI, whose actions are now under internal review. By the way, two days ago the DC court of appeals in an unprecedented ruling asked Judge Sullivan to explain himself. You’re on the losing side of this argument, dude.

Flynn was railroaded. That you don’t see that says more about your hatred for Trump than it does about Gen. Flynn.

Offline Applewood

A 33-year service record in uniform and this is how he’s treated? ...

So because Flynn had a lengthy, distinguished service record, he should not be prosecuted for any wrongdoing?

For heaven’s sake, the DOJ withdrew the case! Why would they do that after getting a guilty plea?

Perhaps because Barr, being Trump's lapdpg, did what he was told by his master?

Because he was set up by the FBI, whose actions are now under internal review. By the way, two days ago the DC court of appeals in an unprecedented ruling asked Judge Sullivan to explain himself. You’re on the losing side of this argument, dude.

Flynn was railroaded. That you don’t see that says more about your hatred for Trump than it does about Gen. Flynn.

More speculation and conspiracy theories without any proof.  So instead you call me a hater which you know is untrue.  Funny, how Trump supporters accuse anyone they disagree with of being a hater.    Too bad Trump isn't black or you would sound like Obama supporters and call me a racist too.   *****rollingeyes*****

And I'm still waiting for an explanation of how Sessions' recusal ruined the lives of Flynn and Manafort.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 01:31:57 pm by Applewood »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Sessions is a horrible little man....little in stature and even smaller in honor.

I always laugh at your little smears.  I thought trump only hired the best and brightest.

Win, lose or draw, Sessions is still more conservative than Trump ever thought of being, and all the little smear-meisters, lackeys, and attack dogs are getting past tiresome.  Isn't about time to get Stone and Pecker to start doing their number on Cruz too?

Every time I want to get behind this POTUS, you and others open your mouth.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 01:36:13 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I can remember when the AG used to be an independent entity, and was impartial to the rule of law. 

You know, Flynn et. al. were given a raw deal.  But I tell you what.....   Trump actively as POTUS tried to influence an investigation.  If I was AG, I would have done the same f'n thing, and recused myself.   
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 01:43:23 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Manafort?

ALEXANDRIA, Va. — A federal jury in Virginia convicted Paul Manafort, President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman, on eight felony counts on Tuesday, but the judge declared a mistrial on the 10 other charges he faced.
Manafort, a fixture in Republican politics for decades, was convicted of five counts of tax fraud, one count of failure to file a report of foreign bank and financial accounts and two counts of bank fraud. A mistrial was declared in three counts of failing to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts, and seven counts of bank fraud and bank fraud conspiracy.

Prosecutors built a case that Manafort for years hid millions from U.S. tax authorities in overseas accounts, spending the money to maintain a lavish lifestyle and lying to banks to generate more cash.
The trial was the first public test of special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation, and while the special counsel was vindicated, the victory wasn't total.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/all/manafort-convicted-8-counts-n901231

https://legacy.lawstreetmedia.com/blogs/politics-blog/paul-manafort/

That guy is so dirty he should have been in prison long ago.

https://www.newsweek.com/heres-where-paul-manafort-did-business-corrupt-dictators-1061470

Even the Trumpites can justify Manafort.....   I hope someone bookmarks this for future reference.  IMO, I'd vote for Sessions, as he has more conservative tendencies, and WON"T be a Trump lap dog.

Offline aligncare

I always laugh at your little smears.  I thought trump only hired the best and brightest.

Win, lose or draw, Sessions is still more conservative than Trump ever thought of being, and all the little smear-meisters, lackeys, and attack dogs are getting past tiresome.  Isn't about time to get Stone and Pecker to start doing their number on Cruz too?

Every time I want to get behind this POTUS, you and others open your mouth.

Trumpites is a term of endearment? Who would’ve guessed.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Trumpites is a term of endearment? Who would’ve guessed.

My apologies....  What do you folks want to be called?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Democrats Today
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline aligncare

My apologies....  What do you folks want to be called?

Spawns of Satan.  happy77

Offline EdinVA

Even the Trumpites can justify Manafort.....   I hope someone bookmarks this for future reference.  IMO, I'd vote for Sessions, as he has more conservative tendencies, and WON"T be a Trump lap dog.
My issue is not the guilt or innocence, it is the trial by media, and gross abuse of power for political gain.
How did the media know about the raid on Manafort's home with enough time to get camera crews and an anchor on the scene before the raid even occurred?
Since when does law enforcement engage swat, break down the door with guns drawn in the middle of the night for a white collar crime?

As soon as that story aired, Manafort was guilty

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
My issue is not the guilt or innocence, it is the trial by media, and gross abuse of power for political gain.
How did the media know about the raid on Manafort's home with enough time to get camera crews and an anchor on the scene before the raid even occurred?
Since when does law enforcement engage swat, break down the door with guns drawn in the middle of the night for a white collar crime?

Some good points.  In the era of mass internet news, the news cycle is now in terms of hours not weeks.  Perception sadly, now is more powerful than reality.  My critical comments about Trump, does not underscore the fact that the Obama Crime syndicate has manipulated the media narrative, and honestly.....     The left in general owns that, and no solution is in place to correct that.

There are no clean actors in this sorid tale.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

:thud:

I have no words.  Maybe it's because I haven't had coffee yet.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

Manafort was under investigation even before Trump brought him onto his campaign.  I don't know what you consider "white collar" crime but this guy was swimming in corruption.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Manafort was under investigation even before Trump brought him onto his campaign.  I don't know what you consider "white collar" crime but this guy was swimming in corruption.

Very true.  And I am not going to argue the point of whether Trump crossed any lines trying to influence investigators.  Sessions or any other sane person would have gotten the hell out of Dodge when that circus was going on.  And now, Trump just can't let things go, and slimes anyone who doesn't toe his line.   

If Trump directed half of his vitriol toward left wing garbage, rather than proven conservatives, I'd be a whole lot more inclined to do more than just silently vote for him. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

A 33-year service record in uniform and this is how he’s treated? Why? Just because Obama didn’t like him and his FBI was turned lose on him in an effort to get Trump, he should go to prison?

I bet you didn't say that when they fired Captain Crozier for caring about the personnel on his ship USS Theodore Roosevelt.  And Trump made several remarks in support of that.

Flynn plead guilty.  Whether he lied to protect Trump or whatever he lied.  He knew what he was doing and that he could and would get prison time.  It doesn't matter how many times you post images of a mans family, grandson.  Doesn't mean they can't break the law.