Author Topic: Jeff Sessions tells Trump his 'anger' over recusal won't swing Senate race  (Read 3596 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Coach Tommy Tuberville commits unsportsmanlike conduct in Alabama Senate race
by Quin Hillyer
 | January 07, 2020 12:02 PM

Opinion

Coach Tommy Tuberville commits unsportsmanlike conduct in Alabama Senate race
by Quin Hillyer
 | January 07, 2020 12:02 PM

Print this article

SUBMIT

As the wacky, high-profile Senate race in Alabama heats up with one top candidate’s release of a new TV ad, another major contender, former Auburn University head football coach Tommy Tuberville, is proving to be just another mud-slinging politician.

Predictably, Tuberville proves it in the very campaign literature that repeatedly proclaims he is not a typical career politician. The unintentional self-parody is almost priceless.

The first lines of his Dec. 5 fundraising mailer blast fellow candidate Jeff Sessions as a “career politician.” It continues: “One thing I am not is a career politician. In fact, I got in this race because I was tired of weak-kneed career politicians not following through on promises to Alabamans. That’s the difference between Jeff Sessions and me.”

The rest of the letter makes Tuberville a candidate for Clichés Anonymous. Four times he stresses that he supports President Trump, thrice more he rails against career or “professional” politicians, six times he blasts the Washington “swamp” that must be drained of its “creatures.” He also fulminates against the “deep state” and the “rigged” and “sham” impeachment “witch hunt” while accusing Sessions of “cashing in on decades of D.C. favors and insider money!” (Yes, the exclamation point was his, not mine.)

And it all surrounds a bullet-pointed series of attacks on Sessions, at least two of which contain refutable falsehoods. All of which predicates Tuberville repeatedly asking for donations of up to $2,800 for each stage of the election.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/coach-tommy-tuberville-commits-unsportsmanlike-conduct-in-alabama-senate-race

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/cincinnati-coach-tommy-tuberville-settles-fraud-lawsuit-in-federal-court

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Applewood

Whose lives were ruined?    Certainly not Trump's.  He was exonerated.

Give it a rest, Trump. 

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Opponents accuse Tuberville of supporting amnesty for undocumented immigrants

Published 3 months ago on February 20, 2020
By Brandon Moseley

Excerpt:

Wednesday, Sessions announced a new television ad called “Tuberville for Amnesty.”

Byrne and Tuberville point to an August speech by Coach Tuberville when he said: “There are people coming across the border that need jobs… and we want them to come over here… Let em’ come in and become citizens like we all became citizens.”

The Tuberville campaign called the attack “fake news” on Twitter.

Sessions’ campaign manager Jon Jones said, “Tuberville is claiming that his own words are ‘fake news.’ All of them? Tommy Tuberville needs to read the transcript. It is clear that Tuberville supports immigration amnesty, and he is attempting to trick Alabama voters to believe otherwise. In contrast, Jeff Sessions has done more than just say he wants to fix the border – he has already worked alongside President Trump to stop illegal immigration.”
The new Sessions ad reads: “Tuberville is trying to trick you, hiding his support for immigration amnesty.” Then plays an audio clip of the Tuberville comment from August

Tuesday, Byrne told reporters in Trussville: “I can tell you right now this issue about Tommy Tuberville’s position on amnesty is a key issue. And so we’re going to keep telling people about his position on that and let him explain why he doesn’t think that’s amnesty.”
“Let em’ come in and become citizens like we all became citizens,” Tuberville is quoted in the ad.

https://www.alreporter.com/2020/02/20/opponents-accuse-tuberville-of-supporting-amnesty-for-undocumented-immigrants/

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

Opponents accuse Tuberville of supporting amnesty for undocumented immigrants

Published 3 months ago on February 20, 2020
By Brandon Moseley

Excerpt:

Wednesday, Sessions announced a new television ad called “Tuberville for Amnesty.”

Byrne and Tuberville point to an August speech by Coach Tuberville when he said: “There are people coming across the border that need jobs… and we want them to come over here… Let em’ come in and become citizens like we all became citizens.”

The Tuberville campaign called the attack “fake news” on Twitter.

Sessions’ campaign manager Jon Jones said, “Tuberville is claiming that his own words are ‘fake news.’ All of them? Tommy Tuberville needs to read the transcript. It is clear that Tuberville supports immigration amnesty, and he is attempting to trick Alabama voters to believe otherwise. In contrast, Jeff Sessions has done more than just say he wants to fix the border – he has already worked alongside President Trump to stop illegal immigration.”
The new Sessions ad reads: “Tuberville is trying to trick you, hiding his support for immigration amnesty.” Then plays an audio clip of the Tuberville comment from August

Tuesday, Byrne told reporters in Trussville: “I can tell you right now this issue about Tommy Tuberville’s position on amnesty is a key issue. And so we’re going to keep telling people about his position on that and let him explain why he doesn’t think that’s amnesty.”
“Let em’ come in and become citizens like we all became citizens,” Tuberville is quoted in the ad.

https://www.alreporter.com/2020/02/20/opponents-accuse-tuberville-of-supporting-amnesty-for-undocumented-immigrants/

So... that makes Sessions the lesser of the two evils. Swell.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

And here is the real kicker.  Tuberville's own twitter. 

https://twitter.com/TTuberville

Nothing about him.  All about Sessions.  All about what Sessions did to Trump.  He has nothing.

Offline libertybele

Nothing about him.  All about Sessions.  All about what Sessions did to Trump.  He has nothing.

Again, so, that makes Sessions the lesser of the two evils.  It's up to the people of AL anyways.

Offline Chosen Daughter

So... that makes Sessions the lesser of the two evils. Swell.

Small wonder.  I say @Applewood is right.  Let Alabama decide. 

I like Sessions.  He was doing a great job.  And I have asked everyone why Lindsey Graham is able to advise Sessions to recuse himself and still end up Trumps man?

Offline EdinVA

Whose lives were ruined?    Certainly not Trump's.  He was exonerated.

Give it a rest, Trump.
Flynn?Carter?Manaforte?
others...

I agree with Trump...Sessions is worthless.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Again, so, that makes Sessions the lesser of the two evils.  It's up to the people of AL anyways.

The people of Alabama should look back at what he did for them before taking AG job.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Small wonder.  I say @Applewood is right.  Let Alabama decide. 

"Let Alabama decide."

Exactly.  I said that a few years ago, in the Great Roy Moore War, and I got the slag for it.  'Salright, I'm tough.

(For the record, I recall a couple high-fives from our Alabamans at the time.  I thought the Moore thing was stupid.  Yet another reason, BTW, why Sessions was a shit-lousy choice for AG, it threw away a safe seat in the Senate.  Never mind the non-feasance in office.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

Flynn?Carter?Manaforte?
others...

Manafort?

ALEXANDRIA, Va. — A federal jury in Virginia convicted Paul Manafort, President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman, on eight felony counts on Tuesday, but the judge declared a mistrial on the 10 other charges he faced.
Manafort, a fixture in Republican politics for decades, was convicted of five counts of tax fraud, one count of failure to file a report of foreign bank and financial accounts and two counts of bank fraud. A mistrial was declared in three counts of failing to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts, and seven counts of bank fraud and bank fraud conspiracy.

Prosecutors built a case that Manafort for years hid millions from U.S. tax authorities in overseas accounts, spending the money to maintain a lavish lifestyle and lying to banks to generate more cash.
The trial was the first public test of special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation, and while the special counsel was vindicated, the victory wasn't total.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/all/manafort-convicted-8-counts-n901231

https://legacy.lawstreetmedia.com/blogs/politics-blog/paul-manafort/

That guy is so dirty he should have been in prison long ago.

https://www.newsweek.com/heres-where-paul-manafort-did-business-corrupt-dictators-1061470
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 01:24:34 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline EdinVA

Confused.... AOC, Pelosi, Schiff, etc get figuratively beat about the head and shoulders hourly and now all of a sudden, it is off limits to talk about someone else's candidate? hmmm

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
scatterbrain time.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

Confused.... AOC, Pelosi, Schiff, etc get figuratively beat about the head and shoulders hourly and now all of a sudden, it is off limits to talk about someone else's candidate? hmmm

The topic is about Trump's anger at Sessions for his recusal ... Trump has every right to be angry.  Just because Sessions has an 'R' next to his name doesn't exonerate him and that was my point stating that he's the lesser of two evils. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

Graham, McCain want answers on Sessions-Russia Report

https://www.cnn.com/2017/03/01/politics/jeff-sessions-russia-reaction/index.html

Still no answer.

Jeff Sessions on the issues:

https://ontheissues.org/Senate/Jeff_Sessions.htm

Hard Core Conservative for Alabama
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 01:35:19 am by Chosen Daughter »

Online Hoodat

Still would rather have Mo Brooks.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Still would rather have Mo Brooks.

I'd prefer Mel Brooks.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

Offline Applewood

I was wondering what this guy Tuberville's selling point was.  Other than the fact he was a famous coach and has been endorsed by Trump, just what does he have to offer for the people of Alabama and for the nation as a whole if he were to become senator?  I hope the people of Alabama look more closely at the candidate himself and not vote for him just because he is pro-Trump.  But like I said, it's up to them to decide.

Offline Applewood

Flynn?Carter?Manaforte?
others...

I don't see how Sessions' recusal had any bearing on Manafort and Flynn.  Seems to me the prosecutors found evidence of wrongdoing by both men and they were prosecuted. They would have been prosecuted whether Sessions was still AG or not. 

Well, Manafort is out now and it looks like Flynn may be let go too, so where have those two been ruined? 

Online Hoodat

I was wondering what this guy Tuberville's selling point was.  Other than the fact he was a famous coach and has been endorsed by Trump, just what does he have to offer for the people of Alabama and for the nation as a whole if he were to become senator?  I hope the people of Alabama look more closely at the candidate himself and not vote for him just because he is pro-Trump.  But like I said, it's up to them to decide.

Half the State won't vote for an Auburn coach.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

Sounds like he has about as much as Trump had coming in.  His WWE fans.  Fake wrestling, fake fight with McMahon. Same thing he does now.  Shouts his popularity percentages and the crowds go wild for Fake Trump. 

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Donald+Trum+WWE+billionair&&view=detail&mid=951F2DA029D150F05BE3951F2DA029D150F05BE3&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3DDonald%2BTrum%2BWWE%2Bbillionair%26FORM%3DHDRSC3

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
None of the above, the two true conservatives in the state that ran are out of the running. Tubberville is just an opportunist from out of state that seems to only be playing the role of a conservative. If I were to vote (and I won't be) it would be Sessions over Tommy.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....