Author Topic: Jeff Sessions tells Trump his 'anger' over recusal won't swing Senate race  (Read 3600 times)

Offline Applewood

Jeff Sessions tells Trump his 'anger' over recusal won't swing Senate race

Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions told President Trump his "anger" will not sway the outcome of the U.S. Senate race in Alabama.

A tweet from the president on Friday urging Alabamians to oppose Sessions because of his Russia investigation recusal prompted a late-evening response defending that fateful decision. It was as pointed a message as Sessions has ever directed at Trump.

"Look, I know your anger, but recusal was required by law," Sessions said to the president. "I did my duty & you're damn fortunate I did. It protected the rule of law & resulted in your exoneration. Your personal feelings don't dictate who Alabama picks as their senator, the people of Alabama do."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/jeff-sessions-tells-trump-his-anger-over-recusal-wont-swing-senate-race

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump makes me sick.  Can't stop.  Yet he still loves his Liberal Lindsey that advised Sessions to recuse himself. 

.@realdonaldtrump Look, I know your anger, but recusal was required by law. I did my duty & you're damn fortunate I did. It protected the rule of law & resulted in your exoneration. Your personal feelings don't dictate who Alabama picks as their senator, the people of Alabama do.
https://
twitter.com/realDonaldTrum
p/status/1263970567838932993
…
Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

Sessions should have spilled the beans on everything he knew.  The way baby Trump keeps whining.

3 years ago, after Jeff Sessions recused himself, the Fraudulent Mueller Scam began. Alabama, do not trust Jeff Sessions. He let our Country down. That’s why I endorsed Coach Tommy Tuberville (@TTuberville), the true supporter of our #MAGA agenda!
secure.winred.com/tommytubervill
e/donate
…
twitter.com/ttuberville/st
atus/1262145360035819525
…
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 03:58:16 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Jeff Sessions is a POS.
He is a coward and a liar. He should have told Trump that he is unable to do the job.
His time as AG protected Hillary and the swamp and enabled Democrats to run the show.
Sessions is less than useless.
He is not a Republican or a Democrat. He is an empty vessel for sale to the highest bidder.
Jeff Sessions claims he 'protected the rule of law', what a joke.
The only single thing Sessions 'protected' was his own old skinny White ass.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Jeff Sessions is a POS.
He is a coward and a liar. He should have told Trump that he is unable to do the job.
His time as AG protected Hillary and the swamp and enabled Democrats to run the show.
He is not a Republican or a Democrat. He is an empty vessel for sale to the highest bidder.

Tell it to Lindsey. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

Jeff Sessions is a POS.

You nailed it!!!!   I couldn't agree more.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Sessions should hang his head in shame. His actions paved the way for the Mueller investigation and three years of hell for the administration AND the nation.

And now the man who didn’t prosecute one sanctuary city, who didn’t prosecute Antifa, or join Kris Kobach’s voter fraud investigation is telling us he saved the rule of law and is responsible for the President’s acquittal in the Senate.

Sessions is as delusional as he is dishonorable.

Hopefully Alabama will choose better. 

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
It is actually much worse.  I think Sessions was one of the inside folks for the swamp.  I think he reported back to Clinton everything he could learn.  He was spying for the opposition while pretending he was supporting Trump.  I am convinced of it.

The fine state of Alabama will surely see through his phony being and vote for anyone else.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You nailed it!!!!   I couldn't agree more.
I cannot understand how he get elected to anything at all.
There is nothing, nothing, unique or special about the guy.
He is just another weasel bureaucrat who is only concerned about covering his own ass, at any expense.
He doesn't care about his State, or America, or Justice.
The only single thing Jeff Sessions cares about is himself.
Which is why he is a professional lifelong politician. That's what they do.
And he very good at it.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

It is actually much worse.  I think Sessions was one of the inside folks for the swamp.  I think he reported back to Clinton everything he could learn.  He was spying for the opposition while pretending he was supporting Trump.  I am convinced of it.

The fine state of Alabama will surely see through his phony being and vote for anyone else.

Yes, Sessions is/was part of the swamp.  Unfortunately though, it's hard to overlook that Trump is the one who picked him.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Absalom

Jeff Sessions is a POS.
--------------------------------
So Sessions is a POS, coward, liar, useless, empty vessel for sale to the highest bidder.
W/these many flaws, it should be simple to avoid nominating him for any office.
Hmm..........so how does 'stable-genius' manage to select the loser on the list,
again and again and again and again................................................???

Trump makes me sick.  Can't stop.  Yet he still loves his Liberal Lindsey that advised Sessions to recuse himself.  …

STUNNING: Jeff Sessions Cited the WRONG LAW when He Recused Himself from Russian Witch Hunt – Took Advice From Obama Lawyers
Gateway Pundit, March 14, 2018

In March 2017 Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced he will recuse himself from investigations related to the 2016 presidential campaign including the alleged Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Sessions made the announcement the day after he was sworn in as Attorney General after advice from Obama lawyers in the Department of Justice.

On Wednesday night FOX News contributor and legal expert Gregg Jarrett told Sean Hannity that Sessions used the WRONG LAW when announcing his recusal. He took advice from OBAMA OFFICIALS and they misled him.

More:  https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/03/stunning-jeff-sessions-cited-wrong-law-recused-russian-witch-hunt-took-advice-obama-lawyers/

Sessions made the announcement the day after he was sworn in as Attorney General

Sessions never should have accepted the position.  I am so angry with him the sound of his voice triggers a rage reaction.

And this weasel (apologies to weasels) made sure he'd keep the job because he used his pals in the Senate as a shield against termination or even POTUS accepting his resignation.  Republican Senators went to the cameras to warn the President against hurting one hair on Jeffies widdle head. 

But even the Senate was not enough protection for Sessions ... who never understood he served at the pleasure of the President ... he setup a solidary dinner with members of the DOJ ---

Scoop: Besieged Sessions dines with Rosenstein, Francisco Tonight at 7:35pm (May 1, 2018), the Attorney General strode into a high-end Washington restaurant to dine with his deputy Rod Rosenstein and the Solicitor General Noel Francisco.

The symbolism was unmistakable: the three top ranking officials in the Justice Department appearing together in a show of solidarity on the same day Trump is publicly and privately raging about Sessions.

Sessions is a horrible little man....little in stature and even smaller in honor.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 05:55:14 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Chosen Daughter

Sessions should hang his head in shame. His actions paved the way for the Mueller investigation and three years of hell for the administration AND the nation.

And now the man who didn’t prosecute one sanctuary city, who didn’t prosecute Antifa, or join Kris Kobach’s voter fraud investigation is telling us he saved the rule of law and is responsible for the President’s acquittal in the Senate.

Sessions is as delusional as he is dishonorable.

Hopefully Alabama will choose better.

You should tell Lindsey Graham all about it.

You should tell Lindsey Graham all about it.

Nope.  Sessions made the choice to recuse himself on day one of his tenure ... without discussing this with his soon-to-be boss first.

I hold Sessions---and Sessions alone---accountable.

Offline Applewood

I knew this thread would be another rehash of the same butthurt. 

Whatever Trump or anyone else thinks of him, the people of Alabama should be the ones to choose Sessions or Tuberville.  All of us not Alabama voters, and that includes Trump,  should stay out of it.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I cannot understand how he get elected to anything at all.
There is nothing, nothing, unique or special about the guy.
He is just another weasel bureaucrat who is only concerned about covering his own ass, at any expense.
He doesn't care about his State, or America, or Justice.
The only single thing Jeff Sessions cares about is himself.
Which is why he is a professional lifelong politician. That's what they do.
And he very good at it.

Meanwhile, Jeff Sessions is quietly tackling Hezbollah and MS-13 in our backyard
Daniel Horowitz · October 18, 2018   

Excerpt:

Well, what a difference a new attorney general makes. Earlier this week, Jeff Sessions designated MS-13, Cartel de Jalisco Nueva Generacion (CJNG), Sinaloa Cartel, Clan del Golfo, and Lebanese Hezbollah as transnational crime organizations (TCOs). He organized a Transnational Organized Crime Task Force designed to coordinate activities between drug agents, law enforcement, counterterrorism, and intelligence assets to disrupt the full spectrum of their activities in our hemisphere. Terrorism is increasingly funded through transnational crime, most prominently the drug trade, and all of these organizations pose a threat either on our own soil or to our border through the flow of Middle Eastern and Latin American migrants controlled by gangs and drug cartels – with Hezbollah lurking in the background.

Former DEA Special Operations Division head Derek Maltz told me he is heartened by the move and hopes it will finally rectify the mistakes of the past. The key to not repeating the failures of the past is cross-agency unity and information sharing, according to Maltz. “The Trump administration inherited a dysfunctional mess in regards to the transnational organized crime threats to America. It’s great to see leadership in action with the public announcements yesterday. Now we need focus, interagency cooperation, accountability, and results. The best and brightest in the U.S. have the potential to shut these crime and terror networks down only if they unite.”

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/meanwhile-jeff-sessions-is-quietly-tackling-hezbollah-and-ms-13-in-our-backyard/

Offline Chosen Daughter

I knew this thread would be another rehash of the same butthurt. 

Whatever Trump or anyone else thinks of him, the people of Alabama should be the ones to choose Sessions or Tuberville.  All of us not Alabama voters, and that includes Trump,  should stay out of it.

He is also going against many Conservatives in elections.  Some with very good Conservative records.  Replacing them with people he believes are loyal to continue with the poor me Russia gate.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
--------------------------------
Hmm..........so how does 'stable-genius' manage to select the loser on the list,
again and again and again and again................................................???
That is a question many people are asking. I think it is over now. Finally, Trump realizes that he has to be more careful about choosing employees. That's called experience.

But yes, you are right. Trump has picked some real losers in his first years. And in picking losers, he hit a home run by selecting Sgt. Schultz Sessions as AG. That was a critical mistake.
New Sgt Schultz Meme Memes | I Know Nothing Memes, Gif Memes

Offline Applewood

He is also going against many Conservatives in elections.  Some with very good Conservative records.  Replacing them with people he believes are loyal to continue with the poor me Russia gate.

When Sessions took the AG job, he swore an oath which goes something like this: 

“I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

5 U.S. Code § 3331.Oath of office

Nowhere in that oath is there a promise to be loyal to the president personally no matter what.  But this seems to be what Trump and his supporters want:  a yes man or yes woman whose loyalty is to him and not to the country or the Constitution.   Loyalty to dictators is expected in countries like North Korea.  Is that what Trump and his supporters want?  A dictator with henchmen loyal only to him? 

Whether recusal was the right thing to do or not -- the fact is, Sessions did it. the investigation went on, Trump was impeached. he was acquitted by the senate and now it's over.  Normal people let this stuff go and move on.  Trump and his supporters refuse to do so.  Sorry, but in this case it sounds like Trump and his supporters are the ones with that so-called derangement syndrome. 

Offline libertybele

That is a question many people are asking. I think it is over now. Finally, Trump realizes that he has to be more careful about choosing employees. That's called experience.

But yes, you are right. Trump has picked some real losers in his first years. And in picking losers, he hit a home run by selecting Sgt. Schultz Sessions as AG. That was a critical mistake.

Unfortunately, Barr doesn't seem to be much better.

Offline aligncare

Keep in mind, Sessions recused himself over an investigation without a legitimate predicate. If he didn’t know at the beginning, he should have known when the predicate for the investigation began to unravel. The Peter Strzok, Lisa Page text messages uncovered early on should have given him a clue.

This is not just hindsight. Every single aspect of the “investigation“ was murky from the start.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 06:57:15 pm by aligncare »

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Keep in mind, Sessions recused himself over an investigation without a legitimate predicate. If he didn’t know at the beginning, he should have known when the predicate for the investigation began to unravel. The Peter Strzok, Lisa Page text messages uncovered early on should have given him a clue.

This is not just hindsight. Every single aspect of the “investigation“ was murky from the start.
Sessions didn't care one single little bit if the 'investigation' was legitimate or not. He doesn't care. He still doesn't care about what HE allowed to happen under his watch. "Rule of Law" my ass!

He gave his job to Rosenstein and then spent two years in the Bahamas. I doubt very much that Sessions even knew what was going on at the DOJ during his term. He was absentee. A ghost employee. A shadow. A nothing. He put a Sessions looking doll behind his desk. Locked his door as he left and that was it.
Bon Voyage ... suckers! See you in a couple of years...

Offline Chosen Daughter

When Sessions took the AG job, he swore an oath which goes something like this: 

5 U.S. Code § 3331.Oath of office

Nowhere in that oath is there a promise to be loyal to the president personally no matter what.  But this seems to be what Trump and his supporters want:  a yes man or yes woman whose loyalty is to him and not to the country or the Constitution.   Loyalty to dictators is expected in countries like North Korea.  Is that what Trump and his supporters want?  A dictator with henchmen loyal only to him? 

Whether recusal was the right thing to do or not -- the fact is, Sessions did it. the investigation went on, Trump was impeached. he was acquitted by the senate and now it's over.  Normal people let this stuff go and move on.  Trump and his supporters refuse to do so.  Sorry, but in this case it sounds like Trump and his supporters are the ones with that so-called derangement syndrome.

He is supporting his White House Dr. Ronny Jackson over Mac Thornberry.

https://ontheissues.org/TX/Mac_Thornberry.htm

Trump Endorses Ex-White House Doc For Congress Who Called Obama ‘Deep State Traitor’

Andrew SolenderForbes Staff
Policy
I cover politics and the 2020 election

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/05/22/trump-endorses-ex-white-house-doc-for-congress-who-called-obama-deep-state-traitor/#c6e15e93e310

Correction.
Might be old.  It appears Thornberry has announced he would retire along with a whole list of other Republicans.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/09/30/republican-mac-thornberry-wont-seek-reelection-011926
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 07:19:37 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Absalom

-------------------------
Fair enough as experience is our foremost teacher!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sessions didn't care one single little bit if the 'investigation' was legitimate or not. He doesn't care. He still doesn't care about what HE allowed to happen under his watch. "Rule of Law" my ass!

He gave his job to Rosenstein and then spent two years in the Bahamas. I doubt very much that Sessions even knew what was going on at the DOJ during his term. He was absentee. A ghost employee. A shadow. A nothing. He put a Sessions looking doll behind his desk. Locked his door as he left and that was it.
Bon Voyage ... suckers! See you in a couple of years...

Sessions could have been worse.  He could have been hard at work on his pet project, Civil Asset Forfeiture.  I'm glad he spent his time in the Bahamas.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

Well the twitter war continues.  Trump asking Sessions to drop out for this:

Tommy Tuberville in Unearthed Remarks: ‘We’re Paying for Illegals to Come Over Here … That’s Donald Trump’s Fault’

Alabama Senate candidate Tommy Tuberville (R) says illegal aliens arriving in the United States and receiving “everything they want” is President Trump’s fault.
While speaking on August 3, 2019, ahead of a Shoals Republican Club meeting, Tuberville blames Trump for illegal aliens’ obtaining “cell phones, healthmcare, everything they want” after they arrive in the U.S.  in audio that was previously not reported on. Tuberville made the remarks before former Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) jumped in the Republican primary for the Senate race.

“He stands for a lot of things, some things I don’t believe in. I’m pissed off at Donald Trump that our vets can’t get health care,” Tuberville said. “And if I ever get to see him, I’m going to tell him that. You said you were going to fix it, and it ain’t fixed. And that’s who we ought to be taking care of, these young men and women … 22 vets every day are committing suicide because we can’t take care of them; we won’t take care of them.”
“We’re paying for illegals to come over here,” Tuberville continued. “Everything they get, cell phones, health care, everything they want. That’s Donald Trump’s fault. That’s his fault. He’s got to get it done.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/02/17/tommy-tuberville-in-unearthed-remarks-were-paying-for-illegals-to-come-over-here-thats-donald-trumps-fault/

Its OK, I don't expect a thanks for exposing Trumps lunacy.