Author Topic: Trump to visit SpaceX rocket launch in Florida next week  (Read 739 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump to visit SpaceX rocket launch in Florida next week
by Mica Soellner
 | May 22, 2020 04:09 PM

President Trump will attend the SpaceX rocket launch at NASA's Kennedy Center in Florida next Wednesday.

Trump said he was considering attending the launch while talking to reporters on Thursday, jokingly remarking he'd like to put the press in the rocket to get rid of them for a while. The New York Post reported a senior official confirmed the president's attendance for May 27.

“He’s planning on going as of now,” the source said but acknowledged it depended on the weather conditions and other factors for the travel.

NASA will launch two astronauts into orbit on Elon Musk's SpaceX Crew Dragon spacecraft for a monthslong mission on the International Space Station.

It will be the first time NASA has launched astronauts from the United States to the station since 2011 and SpaceX's first crewed flight on NASA under its multibillion-dollar contract.

Vice President Mike Pence is also scheduled to attend the launch.

Trump has taken few trips in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic. The president recently visited Pennsylvania, Arizona, and Michigan to look at facilities supplying and manufacturing medical equipment to help combat the virus. The visit to the space rocket launch will be the first trip Trump takes that will not be related to COVID-19.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-to-visit-spacex-rocket-launch-in-florida-next-week
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Trump to visit SpaceX rocket launch in Florida next week
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 10:01:00 pm »
Prayers for everyone. Not because I distrust the spacecraft or the astronauts, but this would be a real achievement, and there are forces afoot in this country who would rather stop such things, at least until November.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 10:55:53 pm »
I've been looking forward to American rockets taking Americans into space ever since O'Bastard cancelled manned space flight in order to re-purpose NASA into another Moslem outreach program.  Yet another nail in the O'Bastard legacy.  Soyuz in the pits.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 11:08:04 pm »
I've been looking forward to American rockets taking Americans into space ever since O'Bastard cancelled manned space flight in order to re-purpose NASA into another Moslem outreach program.  Yet another nail in the O'Bastard legacy.  Soyuz in the pits.
I hope security is really tight, because nothing would serve the Democrats more than a failure.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 11:14:27 pm »
I hope security is really tight, because nothing would serve the Democrats more than a failure.

The lives of the crew be damned.  Heck, Cuomo was willing to execute over 5,000 old people to achieve that goal...what's a couple more?  :whistle:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 12:30:51 am »
The lives of the crew be damned.  Heck, Cuomo was willing to execute over 5,000 old people to achieve that goal...what's a couple more?  :whistle:
It isn't just that. The idea of a failure of national import, with possible hazards to those on the ground would become a liability instead of an asset (successful launch). Baikonur comes to mind. I pray no one sabotages the launch.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 12:44:49 am »
It isn't just that. The idea of a failure of national import, with possible hazards to those on the ground would become a liability instead of an asset (successful launch). Baikonur comes to mind. I pray no one sabotages the launch.

I hope that too.  I remember Baikonur Cosmodrome well.
I will NOT comply.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 01:09:32 am »
I hope that too.  I remember Baikonur Cosmodrome well.
When the story finally got out...

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2020, 01:23:01 am »
When the story finally got out...

...years later. 
I will NOT comply.