Author Topic: Melania Trump thanks students in video message during CNN town hall  (Read 362 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Melania Trump thanks students in video message during CNN town hall
The Hill, May 21, 2020

First lady Melania Trump in a video message Thursday evening recognized the changes America’s students have had to make in their lives during the coronavirus pandemic and commended them for their “determination."

The first lady delivered the roughly two-minute pre-taped message directly to the nation’s younger generation during the end of a CNN town hall focused on the coronavirus Thursday evening. Trump thanked them for making sacrifices to help the country “stay safe and healthy in these unusual times.”

“Over the past two months I know you have had to make many changes in your life. Many of you have had to attend classes in your homes and haven’t been able to see your friends. Many of you were looking forward to your prom, spring sports and graduation,” the first lady said.

“These changes were not easy but you have been so strong and I am proud of the examples you have become,” she continued. “Your determination to get through this will define your generation for years to come.”

More:  https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/499103-melania-trump-thanks-students-in-video-message-during-cnn-town-hall

CNN
@CNN

First lady Melania Trump thanked students for helping to keep the country safe and acknowledged recent changes they’ve had to make.

“Please know that the President and I are with you during these challenging times and will do everything we can do to support you." #CNNTownHall

Video at link: 

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1263653122057986049

« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 04:05:53 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Applewood

@Right_in_Virginia

As I've always said. the First Lady is classy.  Only -- I don't think she would say those things if she was in my neighborhood.  First couple of weeks -- no one out on the streets.  Now a lot of young people on the street at all hours of the day and night, few if any masks and what social distancing?  I doubt too many of the school kids are doing any online learning.  For many this is an early start to summer vacation. 

Now I'm not being critical of Mrs. Trump  - for those young people serious about their education and doing their part during this time, these words of appreciation are what they needed to hear.  I'm just making the point that they are plenty of kids who view all this as a time to goof off.

@Right_in_Virginia

As I've always said. the First Lady is classy.  Only -- I don't think she would say those things if she was in my neighborhood.  First couple of weeks -- no one out on the streets.  Now a lot of young people on the street at all hours of the day and night, few if any masks and what social distancing?  I doubt too many of the school kids are doing any online learning.  For many this is an early start to summer vacation. 

Now I'm not being critical of Mrs. Trump  - for those young people serious about their education and doing their part during this time, these words of appreciation are what they needed to hear.  I'm just making the point that they are plenty of kids who view all this as a time to goof off.

All true @Applewood  ... I guess you speak to and support the best among us at a time such as this.   happy77