Author Topic: Man who filmed Ahmaud Arbery shooting arrested and charged with murder  (Read 2340 times)

Offline DB

I know if I ever go on a murder rampage, when it goes down I most certainly will be on the line with 911 at the time it occurs and consorting with the folks doing said murder...... /sarcasm

Good grief, it was simple a few good neighbors doing their best to help the police keep their neighborhood crime free... You know, I know it, and most of the rest of America know it... instead it becomes a tool of the left to strip away any vestige of freedom of Americans to respond to crime.

Hey Teacher, leave them Kids alone.... /Pink Floyd

You do not have the right on a public street to hunt and demand that someone else comply with your orders at gun point. Especially someone that has not been directly witnessed to have committed a serious crime. They may have had good intentions but they far exceeded their authority in their apparent actions.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I know if I ever go on a murder rampage, when it goes down I most certainly will be on the line with 911 at the time it occurs and consorting with the folks doing said murder...... /sarcasm

Good grief, it was simple a few good neighbors doing their best to help the police keep their neighborhood crime free... You know, I know it, and most of the rest of America know it... instead it becomes a tool of the left to strip away any vestige of freedom of Americans to respond to crime.

We do have rules. 
First off, if you are close enough with a long gun for the alleged perpetrator to grab the gun, you are far too close.  Second, the very best place to attempt such an apprehension is the scene of the crime, QED, you got them there where they aren't supposed to be.
Third, less than lethal might be the way to go--there should be more than one person armed, in that instance, one with lethal.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We do have rules. 
First off, if you are close enough with a long gun for the alleged perpetrator to grab the gun, you are far too close. 

THIS!!!  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't carry a long gun, but I assure you, if it looks like trouble, nobody gets within six feet of me carrying my pistol.  My #1 concern when things go south is, never let them get the gun.  First, they'll kill me and worse, they'll go on to kill innocent people.

The guy trying to grab the shotgun dies from Felony Stupid.  These fellows may get done for Murder, but at the moment of contact they were defending themselves, and as importantly, the gun.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Both Martin and Brown deserved their fate.
Arbery didn't.
If you believe  armed people who aren't leos can stop people and try to make a citizen's arrest because they, the people they stopped, looked like  criminals, what do you think that might lead to?

@goatprarie

Ok,let's suppose you are wandering around,pondering the great questions of the world like "With fries or without fries",and suddenly you hear a woman screaming for help,and then spot her running with someone chasing her.

Are you willing to go to prison to save her by pulling your gun on the guy chasing her,and making a "citizens arrest" by holding him until the cops show up?

Enquiring minds,and all dat.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Sighlass

But.....,but.....,but...,he is a member of the Master Race that must NOT be questioned,you racist!

Offline DB

THIS!!!  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't carry a long gun, but I assure you, if it looks like trouble, nobody gets within six feet of me carrying my pistol.  My #1 concern when things go south is, never let them get the gun.  First, they'll kill me and worse, they'll go on to kill innocent people.

The guy trying to grab the shotgun dies from Felony Stupid.  These fellows may get done for Murder, but at the moment of contact they were defending themselves, and as importantly, the gun.

It is claimed the gun was fired prior to the struggle for it. It was fired multiple times. Once the gun has been fired at you you can either run or try to gain control of it. When they are clearly willing to fire at you you are in a fight for your life. From the reported accounts it was the people hunting him that are responsible for creating the dangerous situation.

What would any of us do with two yahoos chasing you with guns down a public street?

Offline DB

@goatprarie

Ok,let's suppose you are wandering around,pondering the great questions of the world like "With fries or without fries",and suddenly you hear a woman screaming for help,and then spot her running with someone chasing her.

Are you willing to go to prison to save her by pulling your gun on the guy chasing her,and making a "citizens arrest" by holding him until the cops show up?

Enquiring minds,and all dat.

You have some evidence of a possible ongoing crime by what you are witnessing. And if he's still chasing the woman while you chase him she is still in potential danger.

None of that applies in this case, at least with the reported details so far.

No one was in any danger short of the person being chased by others with weapons drawn on a public street. There has been no claim that the person being chased threatened anyone prior to their hunting him.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It is claimed the gun was fired prior to the struggle for it. It was fired multiple times. Once the gun has been fired at you you can either run or try to gain control of it. When they are clearly willing to fire at you you are in a fight for your life. From the reported accounts it was the people hunting him that are responsible for creating the dangerous situation.

What would any of us do with two yahoos chasing you with guns down a public street?

If that was true, then the runner was more stupid than I first thought.  WTH grabs the muzzle of a gun that HAS JUST BEEN FIRED?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@DB

I can't speak for anyone else,but if I am unarmed (ROFLMAO!) and the people who have been chasing me haven't shot at me or shot up in the air or anywhere else,and done nothing more than try to force me to stop,I am going to stop and wait for the police to show up and sort things out.

UNLESS,of course,I WAS up to something and I already have warrants out on me and may have skipped bail.

I wonder why nobody at the coat howze wants to talk about his criminal record,other than some sort of vague reference to "minor mumble,mumble,mumble"?

IF THEY HAVE NOT BEEN SHOOTING AT YOU,AND THEY TELL YOU TO STOP BECAUSE THEY ARE CALLING THE POLICE OR THAT THE POLICE ARE COMING,AND YOU ATTACK ONE OF THEM AND TRY TO TAKE HIS GUN AWAY,YOU NEED TO BE SHOT FOR BEING "FELONY STOOPID".
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 01:04:34 am by sneakypete »

Offline Victoria33

@Cyber Liberty
@sneakypete

I followed this from the beginning.  Cuomo had a number of them on his show at different times, the family members of the black man, plus the lawyers for the family and he also had on the man who made the video along with his attorney.

Here is what happened:  this young black man was jogging down the middle of the street.  The truck came up to him and he kept jogging, did not try to leave the road get away from them.  Then, one man with a rifle/shotgun/whatever, came up to him and the black man tried to turn the gun away from him/tried to get the weapon.  A man in the back of the truck had a hand gun and shot him from there.  I don't know if shots from the shotgun hit him, too.  They killed him.  One of the men, the one in the back of the truck, had been a policeman in that area but was not one now.

When the man who shot the video was on the program, his attorney did most of the talking.  There was a reason for that.  Attorney told Cuomo the man had not had "much education."  He was telling Cuomo by saying that, the man is mentally retarded.  Look for  "mentally challenged" to be the reason he should not be convicted of murder if he was involved in it.

When Cuomo spoke to the man after his attorney said that, Cuomo was gentle, said to him it didn't matter about his education, that he did the right thing by filming what happened.  The man spoke, saying he just saw something happening and used his camera. His attorney said he was only a witness.

I don't know what has happened now to accuse this man of murder.  Maybe Cuomo will revisit this on his show.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 01:12:07 am by Victoria33 »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Victoria33

With all due respect, I would never take the word of angry "loved ones" about what happened with their precious child.  These are the people who always tell us he's an "aspiring Hip-Hop artist who's taking college classes, and turning his life around."

Fredo is a total sucker for these fish stories.  In fact, he's a total sucker, period.  Did you catch his latest show of "The Fabulous Cuomo Brothers," were they laffed and laffed about Andy's COVID test with the giant Q-Tip?  I just about laughed myself to death, thinking about the dead Nursing Home patients.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33
With all due respect, I would never take the word of angry "loved ones" about what happened with their precious child.  These are the people who always tell us he's an "aspiring Hip-Hop artist who's taking college classes, and turning his life around."
@Cyber Liberty

With all due respect, I don't even believe you are a moderator.  For all I know, you hang around here because your wife has you locked in a room with your computer so you have no where to go except here. wink777

Back to it: The only way to know about a case is to listen to the people involved in it.  It would be ridiculous to believe any one of them at the beginning, but you start some where.  As more came forward, I learned more.  Cuomo grilled every one of them to get information.

So, I just heard/saw him speak this evening to an attorney who knows about this case and talk about the new arrest of the film guy for felony/murder.  What happened is, there was a short film of the prosecutor who said they have more film than what has been shown to the public and due to that film, they arrested film guy. Neither Cuomo nor the attorney know where this is going now.

An aside:  I love you Cyber - maybe I will adopt you as my child so I can train you to just mix the drinks and shut up.   :amen:

Offline DB

@DB

I can't speak for anyone else,but if I am unarmed (ROFLMAO!) and the people who have been chasing me haven't shot at me or shot up in the air or anywhere else,and done nothing more than try to force me to stop,I am going to stop and wait for the police to show up and sort things out.

UNLESS,of course,I WAS up to something and I already have warrants out on me and may have skipped bail.

I wonder why nobody at the coat howze wants to talk about his criminal record,other than some sort of vague reference to "minor mumble,mumble,mumble"?

IF THEY HAVE NOT BEEN SHOOTING AT YOU,AND THEY TELL YOU TO STOP BECAUSE THEY ARE CALLING THE POLICE OR THAT THE POLICE ARE COMING,AND YOU ATTACK ONE OF THEM AND TRY TO TAKE HIS GUN AWAY,YOU NEED TO BE SHOT FOR BEING "FELONY STOOPID".

You have no right to stop someone on a public street by force of arms short of defending yourself or defending others that are in immediate danger. No one was in danger until these guys decided to overstep their authority. And like I said earlier, it has been reported that there was at least one shot fired before the struggle for the gun. We'll have to wait and see if that was accurate. If someone is shooting at you and you have not done anything to threaten them physically you have every right to do whatever it takes to defend yourself. The line has been crossed.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

With all due respect, I don't even believe you are a moderator.  For all I know, you hang around here because your wife has you locked in a room with your computer so you have no where to go except here. wink777

Back to it: The only way to know about a case is to listen to the people involved in it.  It would be ridiculous to believe any one of them at the beginning, but you start some where.  As more came forward, I learned more.  Cuomo grilled every one of them to get information.

So, I just heard/saw him speak this evening to an attorney who knows about this case and talk about the new arrest of the film guy for felony/murder.  What happened is, there was a short film of the prosecutor who said they have more film than what has been shown to the public and due to that film, they arrested film guy. Neither Cuomo nor the attorney know where this is going now.

An aside:  I love you Cyber - maybe I will adopt you as my child so I can train you to just mix the drinks and shut up.   :amen:

Ya got me!  Busted!  I have been chained down here in the Castle.  It's gilded, but still a cage...we had plans to stay at a freshly reopened Hotel in Laughlin tonight, but they're still closed by order of the Nevada Gaming Commission.  :shrug:

Here's my bottom line on this case, honest injun:  I think the guys who shot him, and the camera dude, are probably going down for Murder because they blew by a whole lot of the stop signs, and broke the laws.  That said, this fellow would probably not have been shot had he not made a stupid play for the shotgun, but that's just how I see it as a person who packs heat every day.  That makes it more of a tragedy than a simple event.  Stupid should hurt, but I draw that ling before killing.
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Nothing reported by property owner to be missing.

No stolen goods on deceased's person.

Property owner's attorney stated owner did not ask accused to do anything.

Deceased was unarmed, Guilty of black, jogging in khaki shorts.

Sentence death.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Here's my bottom line on this case, honest injun:  I think the guys who shot him, and the camera dude, are probably going down for Murder because they blew by a whole lot of the stop signs, and broke the laws.  That said, this fellow would probably not have been shot had he not made a stupid play for the shotgun, but that's just how I see it as a person who packs heat every day.  That makes it more of a tragedy than a simple event.  Stupid should hurt, but I draw that ling before killing.

What makes me the angriest is the left saying that this comparable to the Michael Brown and Trayvon shootings, which were both justified. 

This one?   Not even close.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What makes me the angriest is the left saying that this comparable to the Michael Brown and Trayvon shootings, which were both justified. 

This one?   Not even close.

It does not appear to be.  The hand-to-hand part about grabbing the gun, maybe, but these fellows had to have been looking for this particular flavor of trouble, trying to detain somebody.  Completely avoidable, and that's probably where it breaks down. 

When we learn to carry, we learn to stay away from those things, and not run into them.  These guys are the cowboys giving us all a bad name.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It does not appear to be.  The hand-to-hand part about grabbing the gun, maybe, but these fellows had to have been looking for this particular flavor of trouble, trying to detain somebody.  Completely avoidable, and that's probably where it breaks down. 

When we learn to carry, we learn to stay away from those things, and not run into them.  These guys are the cowboys giving us all a bad name.
Well that shotgun wasn't a CCW weapon anyway.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

LOL.  Nope.  The "Stay out of trouble!" rule still holds.....
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Most Southern States allow one to carry a loaded long gun in their vehicle and open carry of a long gun is legal. You are correct... CCW plays no part of this.

According to wiki...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Georgia
There are a number of ways a firearm can be carried without a permit.[1][9] No permit is needed:

To carry a firearm in a person's home, place of business, or vehicle
    To carry a long gun in a fully open and exposed manner
    To carry an unloaded firearm in a case
    To carry a firearm in someone else's vehicle, provided you would qualify for a permit
    To carry a firearm while fishing or hunting, if you have a valid fishing or hunting license

The fellow did not banish the gun (point at jogger) until attacked as far as we can tell.

The jogger had a hammer (who jogs with a hammer), but unless you are a felon both (shotgun/long rifle) are equally legal to open carry.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 07:27:51 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline goatprairie

He didn’t simply film it as an unexpected bystander. He participated in the pursuit and used his vehicle 'on multiple occasions' to block Arbery according to the GBI.
Thanks for the info. If that's true, he is guilty too. Not of murder but for either manslaughter, malicious intent, or something related. As I'm not a lawyer, I don't really know what he could be charged with. But I doubt he or they are guilty of murder. Acting stupidly resulting in the death of an innocent person I guess.

Offline goatprairie

So, you just "know."  I got it.  I remember conversations with a Briefer who just "knew" Roy Moore was a perv.  That person never got over it either.
Answer me this...do you think people who aren't leos, while being armed, can stop anybody they feel like and question them about a crime they hadn't witnessed? And try to detain them until the police arrive?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Thanks for the info. If that's true, he is guilty too. Not of murder but for either manslaughter, malicious intent, or something related. As I'm not a lawyer, I don't really know what he could be charged with. But I doubt he or they are guilty of murder. Acting stupidly resulting in the death of an innocent person I guess.

If the cameraman acted in concert with the two pickup guys, then he'll get whatever they do.  Their chasing after him will figure heavily into a determination of premeditation, so they could all be done for First Degree Murder.  A co-conspirator is legally responsible for the illegal acts of that conspiracy.  It's the same thing as charging the driver of a getaway car with the bank robbery for which he was driving.

A side note:  I've come to the conclusion that they did not have to try to detain the decedent, and that means they won't be able to claim self-defense.  The hand-to-hand altercation was the immediate cause of death, and it would not have happened had they exercised better judgement in trying to detain the individual in the first place.  It appears they did not meet the necessary tests required for it to have been a "citizen's arrest."

This is all subject to the production of new information.  If it turns out the fellow shooting the video was in on it, that is a very large black mark on their story.  They had a conspiracy, and illegal acts in support of that conspiracy were committed so the test for that is satisfied. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Answer me this...do you think people who aren't leos, while being armed, can stop anybody they feel like and question them about a crime they hadn't witnessed? And try to detain them until the police arrive?

I've come to the conclusion they did not have the grounds to arrest him, because it appears they did not see him do anything.  And you are correct if you say the standard for a citizen's arrest is not the same for a non-LEO as it is for a cop.  While one used to be LEO, he was not at the time of the altercation.  That said, being a former LEO a reasonable person could conclude he had full knowledge what he was doing in trying to detain the decedent was illegal.
I will NOT comply.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@goatprairie

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

Kinda a BullBush question,and you HAVE to know this and are allowing your emotions to get in the way.

There are TWO answers to that question,"Yes",and "No".

Depends on the location,the circumstances,and the demeanor of the person being stopped.

For example,ever heard of "Neighborhood Watches?

How about "self-defense" in cases where you LEGALLY try to detain someone suspicious until the police show up?

Aggression in the defense of others from criminal assault?

Self-defense?

ANY of these ringing a bell?

And,YES,they DID have a right to stop and question someone acting suspiciously that is running through their neighborhood that is unknown to them. They even have the right to make a "citizen's arrest" if they are 100 percent convinced the guy is committing or fleeing from a felony,but that one is scary as hell and you had BETTER be 100 percent in the right and be able to prove it or you will be facing a huge lawsuit. ESPECIALLY if it is a minority.