Author Topic: Man who filmed Ahmaud Arbery shooting arrested and charged with murder  (Read 2348 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Man who filmed Ahmaud Arbery shooting arrested and charged with murder
by Anthony Leonardi
 | May 21, 2020 07:09 PM

The man who filmed a 25-year-old black man being shot in Georgia was charged with murder by the state.

William "Roddie" Bryan Jr., 50, was charged and arrested by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation on felony counts of murder and criminal attempt of false imprisonment for filming an incident that showed Ahmaud Arbery being shot in a street. Bryan Jr. will reportedly be booked into the Glynn County jail.

Should Bryan Jr. be convicted for the criminal charges against him, he would be eligible for the death penalty under Georgia law.

CNN prime-time host Chris Cuomo interviewed Bryan Jr. and his lawyer Kevin Gough following the incident, but Bryan Jr. could not answer many substantive questions related to the case.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/man-who-filmed-ahmaud-arbery-shooting-arrested-and-charged-with-murder
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A rather strange development. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goatprairie

This is where the state is overreaching.
Bryan simply filmed the incident. How can he be guilty of murder? I don't even think it's murder...most likely manslaughter.
I sincerely doubt  Bryan thought he  was going to be filming a killing. He probably thought the two dopes were just going to stop Arbery and wait for the cops.
I wouldn't be surprised if the judge (assuming he's not corrupt) throws the Bryan case out of court.

Offline aligncare

Bryan simply filmed the incident. How can he be guilty of murder? I don't even think it's murder...most likely manslaughter.
I sincerely doubt  Bryan thought he  was going to be filming a killing. He probably thought the two dopes were just going to stop Arbery and wait for the cops.
I wouldn't be surprised if the judge (assuming he's not corrupt) throws the Bryan case out of court.

You hit the nail on the head.

Online DB

And you know any of that how?

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
William "Roddie" Bryan Jr., 50, was charged and arrested by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation on felony counts of murder and criminal attempt of false imprisonment for filming an incident that showed Ahmaud Arbery being shot in a street.

He was charged with murder for filming a shooting where someone ELSE is presumed to have murdered a man?

HTH is this even possible?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
A rather strange development.

@Cyber Liberty

Yeah,that's one way of putting it.

Offline aligncare

He was charged with murder for filming a shooting where someone ELSE is presumed to have murdered a man?

Racial entitlement. That’s how.

If all involved were white, or all involved were black, we wouldn’t have even heard about this incident on a national level.

I’m gonna revise that: If all involved were black we wouldn’t have heard about it nationally. With whites we probably would have.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 06:13:01 pm by aligncare »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

We know even less about this development than we do about the shooting, and that's not very much.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
We know even less about this development than we do about the shooting, and that's not very much.

Well that's the thing..I can't find any article where it is explained why he is charged with murder... :tongue2:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well that's the thing..I can't find any article where it is explained why he is charged with murder... :tongue2:

I couldn't either.
I will NOT comply.

Online DB

Yep. Who knows what really happened. We'll have to wait see what the investigation reveals.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
He didn’t simply film it as an unexpected bystander. He participated in the pursuit and used his vehicle 'on multiple occasions' to block Arbery according to the GBI.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Online DB

My guess is, and that is all it is, is that's there's phone/text records of the three communicating with each other on some plan to confront Arbery and video it.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
He didn’t simply film it as an unexpected bystander. He participated in the pursuit and used his vehicle 'on multiple occasions' to block Arbery according to the GBI.

Oh...I see...thanks for the info
Support the USO

Online Hoodat

They may be doing this to persuade him to testify against the others.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Hoodat

I honestly thought he was already doing that.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

He would have had to have something to do with the guys in the pickup truck (e.g. "Accessory" or "Conspiracy"), and I think Murder is an overcharge, even if he was involved in the Conspiracy.  That said, in AZ of one is found Guilty of a Conspiracy, then one can be charged with all the crimes attached to it. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline goatprairie

What do I know for sure? What do WE!!! know for sure. Let's look.
We have a dead, unarmed,  black person, Arbery, who was shot by one of the armed white persons, the McMichaels.
We have a person who filmed the event, Bryan.
From statements allegedly taken from the two white persons, they were attempting to make a citizens arrest.
Things went awry. The person they stopped tried to grab one of the white person's guns and was shot and killed. Some of the event was caught on video by Bryan.
The white persons had no authority to stop Arbery. They were not leos, and they had not witnessed Arbery committing a crime.
How's that for what we know?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What do I know for sure? What do WE!!! know for sure. Let's look.
We have a dead, unarmed,  black person, Arbery, who was shot by one of the armed white persons, the McMichaels.
We have a person who filmed the event, Bryan.
From statements allegedly taken from the two white persons, they were attempting to make a citizens arrest.
Things went awry. The person they stopped tried to grab one of the white person's guns and was shot and killed. Some of the event was caught on video by Bryan.
The white persons had no authority to stop Arbery. They were not leos, and they had not witnessed Arbery committing a crime.
How's that for what we know?

Sounds like you "know" just enough to assume guilt.  Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown were also "unarmed."  it didn't stop either from beating on, then trying to disarm their intended victims.

I hope you don't plan on sitting on a Jury any time soon.
I will NOT comply.

Offline goatprairie

Sounds like you "know" just enough to assume guilt.  Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown were also "unarmed."  it didn't stop either from beating on, then trying to disarm their intended victims.

I hope you don't plan on sitting on a Jury any time soon.
Both Martin and Brown deserved their fate.
Arbery didn't.
If you believe  armed people who aren't leos can stop people and try to make a citizen's arrest because they, the people they stopped, looked like  criminals, what do you think that might lead to?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That makes him an active participant, not just a bystander filming.
Like a getaway driver for an armed robbery can be charged with murder if one of the robbers shoots and kills the convenience store clerk.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Both Martin and Brown deserved their fate.
Arbery didn't.
If you believe  armed people who aren't leos can stop people and try to make a citizen's arrest because they, the people they stopped, looked like  criminals, what do you think that might lead to?

So, you just "know."  I got it.  I remember conversations with a Briefer who just "knew" Roy Moore was a perv.  That person never got over it either.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That makes him an active participant, not just a bystander filming.
Like a getaway driver for an armed robbery can be charged with murder if one of the robbers shoots and kills the convenience store clerk.

Yes, that would be a clause of Conspiracy, just like the driver of a getaway car is responsible if a Murder happens in the course of the robbery.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I know if I ever go on a murder rampage, when it goes down I most certainly will be on the line with 911 at the time it occurs and consorting with the folks doing said murder...... /sarcasm

Good grief, it was simple a few good neighbors doing their best to help the police keep their neighborhood crime free... You know, I know it, and most of the rest of America know it... instead it becomes a tool of the left to strip away any vestige of freedom of Americans to respond to crime.

Hey Teacher, leave them Kids alone.... /Pink Floyd
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 11:33:38 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....