Author Topic: NFL Tells Government to SHOVE IT, Says 2020 Season Will Happen On Schedule  (Read 489 times)

Offline NewsJunkie

"We have a task force working very diligently on that," Sills told reporters. "We fully well expect that we will have positive cases that arise because we think that this disease will remain endemic in society. And so it shouldn't be a surprise if new positive cases arise. Our challenge is to identify them as quickly as possible and to prevent spread to any other participants. So we're working very diligently on that, and we'll have some detailed plans to share about that at a later time."

“You didn’t even have to read deeply between the lines,” said Charles Robinson, Yahoo’s senior NFL reporter. “What I just heard from the NFL was, ‘Hey, guess what? We are going to open. There is going to be a season. And we are going to have some people test positive for coronavirus once that season begins. And we’re working on a plan to not stop anything. We’re going to work through it.”

More:
https://www.thedailyfodder.com/2020/05/nfl-signals-2020-season-will-happen.html

Offline Idiot

Oh great!  Just when I thought I didn't have to watch the Cowboys lose again this season.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
In 1918, football went on. (The NFL hadn't formed yet, but the regional leagues in Ohio and upstate New York played on. Most had to cut their schedules because of the flu and the war, but they never fully stopped playing.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024