Author Topic: Poll: More voters trust Biden to contain coronavirus spread  (Read 1528 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: More voters trust Biden to contain coronavirus spread
By Max Greenwood - 05/20/20 10:50 AM EDT

More voters trust former Vice President Joe Biden to contain the coronavirus pandemic than President Trump, according to a new Morning Consult poll released on Wednesday, suggesting that the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee is making inroads on the issue.

Forty-two percent said that they trust Biden more to handle the spread of COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus — a 4-point gain for the former vice president since a similar poll in mid-March.

Trump, meanwhile, trails Biden on the issue by 7 points, with 35 percent saying they trust him more to contain the spread of the disease — a 3-point drop since March.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/498715-poll-more-voters-trust-biden-to-contain-coronavirus-spread
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Poll: More voters trust Biden to contain coronavirus spread
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 03:24:09 pm »
I just can't believe this..all Biden does is sit in his basement complaining...Trump is out there fighting this virus..and people think Biden is better at combating this pandemic... 9999hair out0000
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 03:32:11 pm »
Who ARE these people being polled???  *****rollingeyes*****
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 03:33:19 pm »
Just another nonsense poll, published by 'The Hill'.
The Dems are going to try to portray Biden as some kind of superintelligent superman, and this a good thing.
There is not enough lipstick in the world to cover Biden's obvious incompetence and poor mental state.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 03:40:54 pm »
I just can't believe this..all Biden does is sit in his basement complaining...Trump is out there fighting this virus..and people think Biden is better at combating this pandemic... 9999hair out0000

I do - When I consider how many people are products of social media, sound bites, MSM bias and well, just plain ignorant.

As for President Trump, I think he lost ground unnecessarily with his excessive talking during his press conferences.  And, so much of it came off as babble.  He should have stayed with major policy statements or similar.  He could have left the pronouncements on ventilators, so many ventilators, high tech ventilators, the best ventilators to his Task Force.  (Disclaimer: I will vote for him.)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 04:19:02 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Idiot

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 03:43:19 pm »
I do - When I consider how many people are products of social media, sound bites, MSM bias and well, just plain ignorant.

As for President Trump, I think he lost ground unnecessarily with his excessive talking during his press conferences.  And, so much of it came off as babble.  He should have stayed with major policy statements or similar.  He could have left the pronouncements on ventilators, so many ventilators, high tech ventilators, to his Task Force.  (Disclaimer: I will vote for him.)
Trump is Trump....he is what he is and will never change for anyone.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2020, 03:53:38 pm »
Trump is Trump....he is what he is and will never change for anyone.

Yep.
John Steinbeck

Offline Absalom

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2020, 05:26:20 pm »
We are in the midst of a severe pandemic that has not only killed thousands
but has also raised the level of anxiety and fear across the nation, acutely
so, since the extremely serious contraction in our economy.
Intuitively, a calming and reassuring voice from leadership would be uplifting
as well as inspiring. Sadly, Trump is emphatically not that voice.
Not only is he incapable of change, his vociferous Fans don't want any change,
as they applaud/excuse his argumentative and defiant persona.
Then when polling exposes serious erosion in his support from voters,
this is dismissed as the work of frauds and liars.
Yet all action (or inaction) in our lives, produces a reaction.
For Trump, it will arrive on Election Day.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2020, 05:30:49 pm »

These polls aren't made to reflect public opinion, they're made to influence it.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2020, 06:28:33 pm »
Will it matter?  People are less scared of the virus every day.  I don't see how Trump overcomes the economic fallout.  He is partially responsible for the employment crisis.  When new data emerged, the CDC should have been forced to revise their state guidelines.  These have been used to discredit red state governors.  Brian Kemp still has to explain why he opposes the administration.  Trump says he wants to reopen, but scolds the governors who oppose these arbitrary guidelines. 

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2020, 07:34:05 pm »

Offline berdie

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2020, 07:53:04 pm »
They trust him to do what that hasn't been done. This kind of stuff makes me  9999hair out0000. Good thing it's only a poll, lol.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2020, 08:05:02 pm »
As for President Trump, I think he lost ground unnecessarily with his excessive talking during his press conferences.  And, so much of it came off as babble. 

I'm going to disagree with you @Lando Lincoln  ( 9999what     :laugh: )  I hear and read this drumbeat -- but I'm not seeing tangible evidence that it's true.  I'm not seeing it in RNC polling in the party, POTUS still has a 96% approval rating; his national rating is above where GWB's and Obama's were at this point in their first terms.  (And neither had to face down a coup.)

The GOP had a clean sweep of the special Congressional and state elections a week ago. We're not hearing much about this because the color of the wave was predicted to be blue.  The Trump 2020 campaign is active with virtual rallies whose audiences have totaled over one million viewers; the ranks of ground troops are swelling ... and the democrats are concerned.

Circling back to the briefings and the press Q+As --- the media's not going to tell you they lost badly.  But, maybe this short video will.  Keep in mind as you watch this it took place in Nassau County on Long Island, NY --- and was aimed at a local TV reporter.  A key word is "anger". :

Kevin Vesey
@KevinVesey

The level of anger directed at the media from these protestors was alarming. As always, I will tell a fair and unbiased story today.

VIDEO at link:

https://twitter.com/KevinVesey/status/1261001977598808065

2:34 PM · May 14, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2020, 08:12:09 pm »
These polls aren't made to reflect public opinion, they're made to influence it.
And don't forget the "Bradley effect," according to which Trump voters mislead pollsters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_effect

Another concept is TDS-denial, for those with such deeply, deranged hatred, they cannot imagine others
 like and vote for Trump.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2020, 08:18:58 pm »
I'm going to disagree with you @Lando Lincoln  ( 9999what     :laugh: )  I hear and read this drumbeat -- but I'm not seeing tangible evidence that it's true.  I'm not seeing it in RNC polling in the party, POTUS still has a 96% approval rating; his national rating is above where GWB's and Obama's were at this point in their first terms.  (And neither had to face down a coup.)

The GOP had a clean sweep of the special Congressional and state elections a week ago. We're not hearing much about this because the color of the wave was predicted to be blue.  The Trump 2020 campaign is active with virtual rallies whose audiences have totaled over one million viewers; the ranks of ground troops are swelling ... and the democrats are concerned.

Circling back to the briefings and the press Q+As --- the media's not going to tell you they lost badly.  But, maybe this short video will.  Keep in mind as you watch this it took place in Nassau County on Long Island, NY --- and was aimed at a local TV reporter.  A key word is "anger". :

@Right_in_Virginia

Well, I will say this - I sincerely hope I am wrong and you are right regarding my assertion he overplayed his commentary during the Task Force briefings.  While I support him, there were many moments where I became frustrated with what I perceived as babble. 

I can't imagine the burden with which he is wrestling.  I pray for him.  I do (unlike that fraud and misfit Nancy). 

I was very encouraged by the recent elections.  I looked into the numbers as they were happening and they were impressive.  That the media is so quiet, speaks loudly. 

John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2020, 08:21:59 pm »

That remains a punch to the psyche every time I see it.
John Steinbeck

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2020, 09:18:10 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Well, I will say this - I sincerely hope I am wrong and you are right regarding my assertion he overplayed his commentary during the Task Force briefings.  While I support him, there were many moments where I became frustrated with what I perceived as babble. 

I can't imagine the burden with which he is wrestling.  I pray for him.  I do (unlike that fraud and misfit Nancy). 

I was very encouraged by the recent elections.  I looked into the numbers as they were happening and they were impressive.  That the media is so quiet, speaks loudly.

Thanks @Lando Lincoln for the thoughtful reply.

I know many folks cringe at the President's pressers ... but many more don't.  And I understand this can be tough to believe.   happy77

Offline aligncare

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2020, 11:34:30 pm »
Forgive me for stating the obvious, but blue states are only blue because the Democrats get 1 vote over 50 percent on election day, a simple majority. But, we know that democrats play around with election fraud, which means their majorities are probably thinner than the election results would have us believe.

That leaves the possibility of much larger support for the president than polls suggest. That support will not blame Trump for the economic pain they are suffering, but rather the governors of those locked down states. And many democrats too will be very angry with the governor’s excessive executive actions that are causing their economic troubles.

And don’t forget that MAGA supporters are angry and fired up over democrats contemptible behavior since ‘16 and will work hard overcoming any roadblocks to Trump’s re-election.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2020, 06:32:09 pm »
Trump is polarizing to the extent that if you lean Democommie, you dislike him, if you are Republican you tend to be a supporter of Trump.  The only people that may vary are Independents, and I believe they will support Trump overwhelmingly in November.

Biden will be road kill for Trump.  This poll is absolute garbage.  This outfit services uber liberal news outlets, so what do you think their position will indicate?  I suspect the guy that is CEO is a Jeff Flake compadre, an anti Trumper from day one.

I still say everything is building for Clinton to emerge from the convention. 

Fact is Biden is hunkered down in his basement because he has limited funds.  He screams for me of a person not really running, merely a placeholder.  I say it is Clinton.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2020, 01:15:16 am »
There are some things that cannot be explained away or even understood.

The results of this "poll" are one of those things.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2020, 02:39:46 am »
By hiding in his basement while Trump travels around overseeing resolution?

This is just lying.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dancer

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2020, 03:28:57 am »
888high58888

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2020, 07:03:29 am »
We are in the midst of a severe pandemic that has not only killed thousands
but has also raised the level of anxiety and fear across the nation, acutely
so, since the extremely serious contraction in our economy.
Intuitively, a calming and reassuring voice from leadership would be uplifting
as well as inspiring. Sadly, Trump is emphatically not that voice.
Not only is he incapable of change, his vociferous Fans don't want any change,
as they applaud/excuse his argumentative and defiant persona.
Then when polling exposes serious erosion in his support from voters,
this is dismissed as the work of frauds and liars.
Yet all action (or inaction) in our lives, produces a reaction.
For Trump, it will arrive on Election Day.
Look, as soon as any Democrat gets elected, the MSM will pull back the shades, stop decrying treatments which have been shown to work, and the sun will shine it's bright rays of hope on a media landscape replete with bright flowers and unicorns cavorting across a cloudless sky farting contrails of rainbow hued skittles which will rain down on the masses hungry for sweets.
If Trump gets reelected, of course, and until the election, we will see lowering gray skies on an apocalyptic landscape, Stygian gloom, a world without hope or recourse, without green grass or flowers or little birdies singing, but only sickly bloated scavengers lurking in withered and leafless trees, waiting for the inevitable next meal.

It wasn't Trump who created the Panic, it was the media and the gee whiz guys who gave the SARS CoV-2 virus its own hockey stick graph and extrapolated millions of deaths in the US alone.

It wasn't Trump who lied about not having ventilators (based on hockey stick projections) and diverted field hospital resources and even a hospital ship to NYC while sick people were being shoved into nursing homes which had no infections, and gaming the numbers by adding in "presumed" COVID-19 deaths.

It wasn't Trump who banned what appears to be effective treatment medications from use based on someone drinking fish tank cleaner (murder?).

It wasn't Trump who published images of the NYC potters Field on Hart Island, est 1861, (eternal home of over a million New Yorker's unclaimed bodies), as if there were mass burials going on over COVID-19.

Trump didn't raise the level of anxiety, the Mass Media have pimped panic from day one.

Alongside and in cooperation with the WHO, the CDC, the NIAID, who (correctly) cite there are no approved double blind, placebo-issuing studies which prove...well, diddly squat.

It's still a novel virus, so all the results are all anecdotal, except, of course the results which say that people who had advanced cases died taking one or two of the three inexpensive post-patent drugs which were supposed to stop the virus if administered early on in the disease.

It appears that leaving out the zinc (a necessary ingredient) was intentional and all that analysis shows is that leaving out the Zinc supplement sure doesn't work in the late stages of the disease.

Another citation being bandied about, for the yet unafraid, cites how Chloroquine and Hydroxychoroquine may cause heart arrhythmia, (a known possible side effect of both medications is a lengthening of the Q-T interval, the time on an ecg between when the ventricles get the signal to contract and they fully relax).

That can be bad, but what that failed to note is that COVID-19 can cause Q-T interval lengthening without any drugs administered, and may be the source of the arrhythmia without any drug involved--so it is possible it was the disease, and not the drug which is the culprit.
Millions have taken hydroxychloroquine without any ill effects other than a tendency for vision degradation, something to be monitored while under the regimen, but suddenly it's being howled about as if it was deadly for everyone.

So, as a scientist, I'm tired of the distortions of fact, the games being played with scientific results, with projections based on apocalyptic fancy, with playing politics with what should be a cut and dried and logical finding of fact. Everywhere I can expose that fraud, I will.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 07:10:23 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2020, 07:12:55 am »
Trump is polarizing to the extent that if you lean Democommie, you dislike him, if you are Republican you tend to be a supporter of Trump.  The only people that may vary are Independents, and I believe they will support Trump overwhelmingly in November.

Biden will be road kill for Trump.  This poll is absolute garbage.  This outfit services uber liberal news outlets, so what do you think their position will indicate?  I suspect the guy that is CEO is a Jeff Flake compadre, an anti Trumper from day one.

I still say everything is building for Clinton to emerge from the convention. 

Fact is Biden is hunkered down in his basement because he has limited funds.  He screams for me of a person not really running, merely a placeholder.  I say it is Clinton.
I'm afraid I tend to agree with your analysis. If Biden is on the ticket in November, his running mate will be the real candidate. and the Speaker of the House will be next in line. (Imagine "Vice President Pelosi").
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2020, 04:10:23 pm »
I don't trust either.  They are both ridiculous.   And why would I trust someone that can't even figure out whether he is running for Senate or President? 

On the other hand we have the Hydroxychloroquine pusher.

The choice is pitiful.  PITIFUL.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.