Author Topic: White House portraits of Barack and Michelle Obama will not be unveiled until Donald Trump leaves of  (Read 1757 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House portraits of Barack and Michelle Obama will not be unveiled until Donald Trump leaves office because of the two president's bitter clashes

Barack Obama will not return to the White House to unveil his presidential portrait while Donald Trump is still in office
    Both the current and former president have no interest in participating in the long-held tradition as the public war-of-words between the two heightened
    Since the 1970s, the previous president and first lady will return to the White House during their successor's first term for a ceremony to unveil the portraits
    If Trump wins a second term, the Obamas portraits may not be painted and hung in the White House until 2025
    Trump most recently accused Obama of committing a crime in relation to the case and prosecution against former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn
    Obama, without naming Trump, has called the president a 'little kid' and bashed his response to the coronavirus pandemic as 'chaotic'
    Here’s how to help people impacted by Covid-19

By Katelyn Caralle, U.s. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com

Published: 08:41 EDT, 19 May 2020 | Updated: 12:04 EDT, 19 May 2020

Barack and Michelle Obama's presidential and first lady portraits will not be unveiled and hung in the White House until Donald Trump is out of office, a Tuesday morning report revealed.

The long-held tradition of current presidents attending the unveiling ceremony of the portraits of their predecessors and their wives during their first term will be skipped during this presidency due to the bitter feud between Trump and Obama, people familiar with the matter told NBC News.

If Trump wins a second term in November, Obama may have to wait until 2025 to have his portrait revealed and displayed in the White House among every U.S. president before him.

Obama, people familiar with the matter said, has no interest in participating in the post-presidency tradition as long as Trump is in office – and Trump has no qualms with snubbing a presidential custom.

The tradition of previous presidents returning to the White House to meet with their successor to unveil their portraits seems to span back to the 1970s, and has provided some rare moments of praise and bipartisanship even for those who have issued harsh criticism of each other or ousted the other from office in sour races.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8335929/WH-portraits-Obamas-not-unveiled-Trump-leaves-office-clashes.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I am sure Trump is all broke up... 8888crybaby

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline EdinVA

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It's also been reported that Obama doesn't want any part of this and POTUS is accommodating Sparky's feelings.

Obama, people familiar with the matter said, has no interest in participating in the post-presidency tradition as long as Trump is in office – and Trump has no qualms with snubbing a presidential custom.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8335929/WH-portraits-Obamas-not-unveiled-Trump-leaves-office-clashes.html

These portraits are for the National Portrait Gallery ... the official WH portraits will be unveiled in 2025.   888blackhat

Offline aligncare

Who is that woman in the portrait on the right? Can’t be of Michelle, the model’s attractive.

Btw, looks like Michelle got tangled up in the curtains. What the heck is she wearing?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
These portraits are for the National Portrait Gallery ... the official WH portraits will be unveiled in 2025.   888blackhat

Yes, I know..they came with the story...lol
Support the USO

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Who is that woman in the portrait on the right? Can’t be of Michelle, the model’s attractive.

Btw, looks like Michelle got tangled up in the curtains. What the heck is she wearing?

"Traditional African Garb."  Lacking in color, though.  Most of her outfits looked like they were tie-dyed.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

"Traditional African Garb."  Lacking in color, though.  Most of her outfits looked like they were tie-dyed.

No, I was referring to the actual Michelle in the deep blue dress, that looks for all the world like a fitting gone wrong.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Obama looks right. He looks like an insecure third grader sitting on the edge of his seat which is a correct representation.

The painting that is supposed to be Michelle is unrecognizable. That woman, whoever she is, is not only not Michelle, she is not even related to Michelle as a sister or a cousin. Total stranger.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 07:26:25 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The painting that is supposed to be Michelle is unrecognizable. That woman, whoever she is, is she not only not Michelle, she is not even related to Michelle as a sister or a cousin. Total stranger.

To be fair, the artist was trying to draw Mike as a female.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

If Cruz wins in 2024, him and Heidi ain't gonna want you there, either. 
   So it's looking like maybe 2032 before someone let's you back in, you Islamic pig.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

Barack’s portrait reminds me of a Stephen King short story named ‘Weeds’.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
She saw it in the window and just couldn't resist it!

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x380nyj
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 07:36:20 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline conservativevoter

Cheer up, everybody!  At least the model isn't wearing that disgusting gold gown with the split up to the crotch with the addition of those inimitable thigh-high gold lame' boots.  ugh.   :amen:

Offline Applewood

Cheer up, everybody!  At least the model isn't wearing that disgusting gold gown with the split up to the crotch with the addition of those inimitable thigh-high gold lame' boots.  ugh.   :amen:

Some years ago, I was in DC and toured parts of the Smithsonian, including an exhibit of First Lady gowns.  Some go back to the 1800s.  All were very beautiful and tasteful -- till I got to one worn by Michelle.  Looked like a burlap sack with some sequins.   Now I'm no fashion plate, but this woman's taste in clothes is atrocious. 

I will say Mrs. Trump has restored class and taste to First Lady fashion and the White House in general. 

This one @conservativevoter ???  :laugh:

Offline Applewood

Oh, geez  I just finished my early dinner.   :3:  Thanks @Right_in_Virginia   LOL

Oh, geez  I just finished my early dinner.   :3:  Thanks @Right_in_Virginia   LOL

Sorry @Applewood   ... BTW,  doesn't it look like Sarah Jessica is saying "please don't hurt me"?   :laugh:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Some years ago, I was in DC and toured parts of the Smithsonian, including an exhibit of First Lady gowns.  Some go back to the 1800s.  All were very beautiful and tasteful -- till I got to one worn by Michelle.  Looked like a burlap sack with some sequins.   Now I'm no fashion plate, but this woman's taste in clothes is atrocious. 

I will say Mrs. Trump has restored class and taste to First Lady fashion and the White House in general.

Folks are still wondering what the heck this ensemble was about  :laugh:

Offline Applewood

Sorry @Applewood   ... BTW,  doesn't it look like Sarah Jessica is saying "please don't hurt me"?   :laugh:

@Right_in_Virginia

:silly:

Michelle does look like a WWE wrestler, doesn't she? 

We are so mean.  LOL

Offline Applewood

Folks are still wondering what the heck this ensemble was about  :laugh:

@Right_in_Virginia

She must really love yellow.  Remember that hideous yellow curtain behind her husband when he was yapping from the White House?  Haven't seen that curtain since the Obamas moved out.  Maybe Michelle used the material to make another outfit. 

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

That has always been Michelle Obama's achilles heel. Whenever he/she is photographed around real women the contrast is always incredible. Seen it dozens of times. Michelle could eat that woman as a snack for lunch.