Author Topic: Wisconsin governor won't pursue statewide coronavirus restrictions after court ruling  (Read 412 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Wisconsin governor won't pursue statewide coronavirus restrictions after court ruling
By Justine Coleman - 05/18/20 07:59 PM EDT

Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers (D) said Monday that he will not pursue new statewide coronavirus restrictions after the state Supreme Court struck down his previous ones last week.

The governor’s administration switched gears and withdrew its statement of scope for new COVID-19 regulations after state Republicans vocally rejected the plan. Wisconsin’s coronavirus restrictions will now fall to local governments without a statewide approach.

“The Republicans have made it very clear that they don't believe a statewide approach is the right way to go at this point in time, and they also don't believe any restrictions are advisable at this time,” Evers told reporters.

“Given that, it just doesn’t make any sense to spend a lot of time doing something that we know isn’t going to be successful,” he added.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/498426-wisconsin-governor-wont-pursue-statewide-coronavirus-restrictions-after
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mortarman

I guess Sleepy Evers has finally realized that the law is not gonna let him get his way. It would be nice if the rest of the Dis-Loyal Opposition would learn that.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.