Author Topic: WH doctor: 'Potential benefit' of Trump taking hydroxychloroquine 'outweighed' risks  (Read 529 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WH doctor: 'Potential benefit' of Trump taking hydroxychloroquine 'outweighed' risks
By Brett Samuels - 05/18/20 08:23 PM EDT

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 232011)

President Trump's physician on Monday confirmed that the president is now taking the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine despite not having the coronavirus, saying he and Trump concluded "the potential benefit from treatment outweighed the relative risks."

In a 114-word letter released by the White House hours after Trump announced he was taking the medication, presidential physician Sean Conley wrote that he discussed the pros and cons of taking the drug with Trump after one of his personal valets tested positive for the coronavirus.

But the letter contained no specifics on when Trump started taking the drug or what his dosage is.

"In consultation with our inter-agency partners and subject matter experts around the country, I continue to monitor the myriad studies investigating potential COVID-19 therapies, and I anticipate employing the same shared medical decision making based on the evidence at hand in the future," Conley wrote.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/498429-white-house-doctor-potential-benefit-of-trump-taking
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Okay, I did some digging, and here is the link to the full .pdf version of the VA 'study' Outcomes of hydroxychloroquine usage in United States veterans hospitalized with Covid-19
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.16.20065920v1.full.pdf
The study is a retrospective, analysis of patients, medication, and outcomes, and as far as I knowwas not intended to be a study at the onset of treatment.
Please note, no zinc supplements were administered to the patients included in the study, with bad outcomes.
This was also apparently issued to them late in the progress of the disease, not early as has been indicated is most effective.

Why this gets so much press while the positive results are being scrubbed off of Youtube and bookface, well figure that out.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 08:03:59 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

Why this gets so much press while the positive results are being scrubbed off of Youtube and bookface, well figure that out.

I responded to a FB friend with info about Hcq from W'pedia and mainstream news sources, and FB deleted it, possibly auto-deleted.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Figure it out?  That's easy enough.  HCQ is a generic drug, so there are no big profits to be made.  And because Trump has touted it, it must reflexively be opposed.

Follow the money, follow the political agenda.  Saving lives is but a secondary concern.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Figure it out?  That's easy enough.  HCQ is a generic drug, so there are no big profits to be made.  And because Trump has touted it, it must reflexively be opposed.

Follow the money, follow the political agenda.  Saving lives is but a secondary concern.
Saving lives comes in dead last (no pun intended).
Money, power, rape of the Constitution and the public coffers, "prestige", even if everyone else has to be forcibly shut up. It's the new Lysenkoism.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

:amen:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.