Author Topic: Unemployment Rate 14.7%, Could Hit 25%, Great Depression Era Numbers  (Read 472 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Unemployment Rate 14.7%, Could Hit 25%, Great Depression Era Numbers
By Michael W. Chapman | May 18, 2020 | 10:40am EDT

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the national unemployment rate in April was 14.7%, a rate not seen since the Great Depression era of the 1930s under President Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

In addition, the investment firm Goldman Sachs predicts that the national unemployment rate will likely peak at 25%, reported Forbes. The highest national unemployment rate during the Depression was 25.59% in May 1933.

more
https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/michael-w-chapman/unemployment-rate-147-could-hit-25-great-depression-era-numbers
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Amazing isn't it, in spite of these numbers the stock market is still rallying.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

The market is reflective of expectations for the future.

News for the virus, new cases, deaths is favorable,  for ending lockdown around the world, positive, for developing vacinnes, positive.

And who but Trump, to best take advantage of the "bully pulpit" to "talk-up our economy?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!

Not only rallying but roaring.  Up near a 1000 points today. 

Very encouraging news today on a few fronts on a COVID-19 vaccine, plus some unexpected upticks in economic indicators associated with re-opening much of the country.

I don't want to jinx it, but I am seeing more and more op-eds thinking this might be a "V" shaped recovery.

Thing is, the dims thought they could destroy Trump, the GOP, and influence this fall's election by forcing a "stay at home fear economy".  Americans are too adventerous and rebellious to put up with that shit.

We will still see some bumps, but today I am a lot more optimistic than I was a month ago.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

Not only rallying but roaring.  Up near a 1000 points today. 

Very encouraging news today on a few fronts on a COVID-19 vaccine, plus some unexpected upticks in economic indicators associated with re-opening much of the country.

I don't want to jinx it, but I am seeing more and more op-eds thinking this might be a "V" shaped recovery.

Thing is, the dims thought they could destroy Trump, the GOP, and influence this fall's election by forcing a "stay at home fear economy".  Americans are too adventerous and rebellious to put up with that shit.

We will still see some bumps, but today I am a lot more optimistic than I was a month ago.

Optimism is a good thing; I'm not quite there yet on this pandemic.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.