Author Topic: Barr doesn't expect Obama, Biden criminal investigations  (Read 1805 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Barr doesn't expect Obama, Biden criminal investigations
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2020, 06:29:05 pm »
I appreciate your optimism @Right_in_Virginia

I just hope my faith in many here is not misplaced.   happy77

@libertybele

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2020, 06:36:59 pm »

Video is four minutes ... well worth viewing    @mystery-ak

No, it was not an abuse of power, it was an attempted coup de ta.... Which is a federal crime... go back to sleep barr..

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2020, 06:39:23 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2020, 06:58:47 pm »
Just throwing this out there; maybe a head fake? Even after saying it, sounds implausible even to me.

Probably the simplest answer is, tradition. America doesn’t go after its ex-presidents no matter how wrong or corrupt or evil they were.

We prefer to move on.

Great analysis.

Trump doesn't direct Barr. Between a 2020 Trump win, of indicting Obama-Biden, give me the Potus win.

Further I think Indipendent voters might be turned away, from what would look like partisanship.

Finally I DO think Independent voters will want their jobs and economy back, instead of political partisan moves.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2020, 08:59:34 pm »
Trump 'surprised' Barr sees no criminal probe into Obama, Biden
By Morgan Chalfant - 05/18/20 04:51 PM EDT

President Trump said that he was “surprised” by Attorney General William Barr’s statement that he doesn’t anticipate a criminal investigation into former President Obama or former Vice President Joe Biden.

“I think if it was me, they would do it. I think if for them, maybe, they’re not going to,” Trump told reporters Monday afternoon. “I’m surprised because Obama knew everything that was happening.”

“I think it’s just a continuation of a double standard. I am surprised by it,” the president continued.

Barr earlier Monday said he didn’t expect U.S. attorney John Durham’s probe into the FBI’s decision-making in the Russia investigation to lead to criminal investigations of either Obama or Biden.

“Based on the information I have today, I don’t expect Mr. Durham’s work will lead to a criminal investigation of either man,” Barr told reporters. “Our concern over potential criminality is focused on others.”

Trump reiterated that he believed the former president's and vice president's actions were “illegal.”

“I don’t say disappointed or not but I have no doubt that they were involved in this hoax, one of the worst things ever befall to this country in terms of political scandal. I have absolutely no doubt that Obama and Biden were involved, and a s to whether or not it is criminal, I think it would be very serious,” the president said.

“It was a takedown of a president, regardless of me, it happened to be me, and in my opinion it was an illegal takedown,” Trump said. “I’m going to let the attorney general make all of those decisions. I am going to stay out of it because it is the appropriate thing to do. I wouldn’t have to stay out of it as you know, but I’ve decided to stay out of it.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/498378-trump-surprised-barr-sees-no-probe-into-obama-biden
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2020, 09:11:35 pm »
Trump 'surprised' Barr sees no criminal probe into Obama, Biden
By Morgan Chalfant - 05/18/20 04:51 PM EDT

President Trump said that he was “surprised” by Attorney General William Barr’s statement that he doesn’t anticipate a criminal investigation into former President Obama or former Vice President Joe Biden.

“I think if it was me, they would do it. I think if for them, maybe, they’re not going to,” Trump told reporters Monday afternoon. “I’m surprised because Obama knew everything that was happening.”

“I think it’s just a continuation of a double standard. I am surprised by it,” the president continued.

Barr earlier Monday said he didn’t expect U.S. attorney John Durham’s probe into the FBI’s decision-making in the Russia investigation to lead to criminal investigations of either Obama or Biden.

“Based on the information I have today, I don’t expect Mr. Durham’s work will lead to a criminal investigation of either man,” Barr told reporters. “Our concern over potential criminality is focused on others.”

Trump reiterated that he believed the former president's and vice president's actions were “illegal.”

“I don’t say disappointed or not but I have no doubt that they were involved in this hoax, one of the worst things ever befall to this country in terms of political scandal. I have absolutely no doubt that Obama and Biden were involved, and a s to whether or not it is criminal, I think it would be very serious,” the president said.

“It was a takedown of a president, regardless of me, it happened to be me, and in my opinion it was an illegal takedown,” Trump said. “I’m going to let the attorney general make all of those decisions. I am going to stay out of it because it is the appropriate thing to do. I wouldn’t have to stay out of it as you know, but I’ve decided to stay out of it.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/498378-trump-surprised-barr-sees-no-probe-into-obama-biden

Whether or not Trump has the right to become involved or not, he should recognize the clear message; his AG is worthless.  Just as worthless as Sessions was.  Time to bring in a new AG; Cruz would be perfect. 

Or, perhaps Mr. Barr realizes that he can play whatever game is more lucrative for him.  He's 69 years old.  He can retire any day and not have to worry about anything for the rest of his days if he plays the right game.

The other scenario -- Trump is just as involved in this charade as the globalists are; dangling the carrot in front of the American public and it really doesn't matter anymore who we vote for.  I still see that as a possibility because of his picks; Sessions, Rosenstein, Barr, Giuliani,  Fauci, Birx, Kushner ... the pattern is becoming obvious here to me.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 09:17:21 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2020, 09:59:46 pm »
Dems tell Supreme Court of 'ongoing' new impeachment inquiry in effort to obtain Mueller materials

"The [House Judiciary] Committee’s investigation did not cease with the conclusion of the impeachment trial," the Democrats told the nine justices on Monday. "If this material reveals new evidence supporting the conclusion that President Trump committed impeachable offenses that are not covered by the articles adopted by the House, the committee will proceed accordingly — including, if necessary, by considering whether to recommend new articles of impeachment."https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-cite-ongoing-new-impeachment-inquiry-in-effort-to-obtain-mueller-materials

Offline libertybele

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2020, 10:12:49 pm »

So ... we have Barr doing nothing against the very people who are trying to overthrow this presidency.  Wonderful. 

Even IF Barr wanted to do something, now the leftists will cry foul...you know darn well they'll find something else to impeach him on.

Will the Senate vote the same way as last time, or will we see a President Pence emerge right before election time??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2020, 10:31:43 pm »
There are others, reporting to Barr, in charge of the day to day investigations which may ultimately (but not yet) lead to Obama and Biden, right?

If so, isn't unseemly of Barr to jump the gun on any such speculation at this point? Especially as the left is daily accusing him of being Trump's wingman?

Not that it would matter to them should he come out tomorrow waving solid evidence and declaring he now sees a good reason for criminal investigations.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 10:33:23 pm by skeeter »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2020, 10:31:53 pm »
Ryan J. Reilly
@ryanjreilly
AG Barr: “As long as I’m attorney general, the criminal justice system will not be used for partisan political ends."
Good.

Now in an unbiased and nonpartisan way, check and see who broke what law and prosecute accordingly.

Accusations of partisanship are moot if the evidence shows that the law was broken. The law doesn't say "Democrats can do this, and Republicans can't", nor vice-versa, so do your fricking job.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2020, 10:34:51 pm »
So ... we have Barr doing nothing against the very people who are trying to overthrow this presidency.  Wonderful. 

Even IF Barr wanted to do something, now the leftists will cry foul...you know darn well they'll find something else to impeach him on.

Will the Senate vote the same way as last time, or will we see a President Pence emerge right before election time??

If democrats succeed in pulling off this charade and force Trump’s removal then they shouldn’t be surprised that Republicans—those with spines (I know it’s a tall order)—will seek to do the same to the next democrat president. That is if the political infrastructures are sill standing after 50 million pissed off MAGA supporters take to the streets of D.C. —where you’ll find me.