Author Topic: US 'would lose a war with China fought in the Pacifi , is unable to defend Taiwan from an invasio  (Read 774 times)

rangerrebew

US 'would lose a war with China fought in the Pacific, is unable to defend Taiwan from an invasion and there are fears the Guam military base is at risk NOW', Pentagon sources warn

'Eye-opening' Pentagon war games revealed the US is vulnerable to China and an attack from the superpower would lead to the US 'suffering capital losses'
    US defense sources told The Times that one Pentagon simulation based on the year 2030 resulted in the US being overwhelmed by the nation's force
    Every US base in the Indo-Pacific Command region is considered to be at risk of attack now with the US island territory Guam a particular concern
    Taiwan is the 'most volatile issue' between the two nations, sources said
    A source said the Pentagon is developing more hypersonic weapons and arming marine units along China's seas with anti-ship missiles in preparation
    The worrying analysis is expected to come to light in the Pentagon's 2020 China military power report this summer
    Tensions between the US and China have escalated in recent months as the coronavirus pandemic has ravaged the globe
    Here’s how to help people impacted by Covid-19

By Rachel Sharp For Dailymail.com

Published: 09:45 EDT, 16 May 2020 | Updated: 15:05 EDT, 16 May 2020

US 'would lose a war with China fought in the Pacifi

Offline EdinVA

The puzzle palace pin heads are right... let's surrender now.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The Daily Mail, a British tabloid obsessed mostly with Movie Stars and Royalty, is now generating military analysis? I get that they think America would lose a war with China. But more importantly, what to they think of the Queen's outfit on her birthday.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Shows how old I am, I thought SEATO was still a thing...guess not.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Uhhhh,not unless the Chinese can suddenly convert their slow cargo ships into weapons platforms,or are ready to make nuclear strikes.

Last I heard,the only carrier they had was one they bought from the Russians,and it's broken down in port.

They have a lot of "coastal" and I guess river boats,but they don't do well at sea,and can't transport diddly squat.

Their ONLY advantage is the same one they have always had,namely millions of solider and sailors they would be more than happy to see die so they didn't have to provide food,clothing,housing,and medical care for them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Until we adopt a will to win wars in general, of course we would "lose a war with China fought in the Pacific."  We can't even win a war being fought with China in the USA.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

rangerrebew

Shows how old I am, I thought SEATO was still a thing...guess not.

I am forever grateful to SEATO.  Because of it I got to spend four years on an aircraft carrier floating around the South China Sea. :whistle:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Until we adopt a will to win wars in general, of course we would "lose a war with China fought in the Pacific." We can't even win a war being fought with China in the USA.

@Cyber Liberty

Nobody wins non-existent wars.

This was never allowed to even develop to the stage of a disagreement. The Chinese prevented that by buying the Bush and Clinton Crime Families and their associates.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

This was never allowed to even develop to the stage of a disagreement. The Chinese prevented that by buying the Bush and Clinton Crime Families and their associates.

@sneakypete

You misspelled "O'Bastard and Trump Crime Families." 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

You misspelled "O'Bastard and Trump Crime Families."

@Cyber Liberty

No,I didn't. Obomber is WAAAY too "off-white" and was WAAAY too poor to be accepted by the Clinton's as a family member at that time.

The formal destruction of America began when Bush was President,Bubba was the Governor of Arkansas,and Bubbette! had a seat on the Wal-Mart board of directors,based on her vast business experience of "none at all."
In fact,I THINK that was her first actual job.

Wal-Mart had been getting a lot of push-back shortly prior to that time for pushing too many local "mom and pop" stores out of business all over America,and ironically enough,responded with an advertising campaign that the products they sold were "95 % American Made!"

Suddenly,Wal-Mart dropped that ad,the Bush Crime Family sent Uncle Prescott to China to open the Chinese American Chamber of Commerce based on the contacts Poppy made while Ambassador to China and head of the CIA,and Wal-Mart and China had a contract to import US goods into the US with a reduced tariff rate.

IIRC,shortly after this Babs Bush was seen hugging Bubba at a gathering somewhere,and telling people he was "the son I never had."

Go figure.

Offline skeeter

@Cyber Liberty

Its hard to believe today that before '95 China couldn't land their intermediate range and ICBMs anywhere close to their targets. By 2000 that was no longer the case.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Its hard to believe today that before '95 China couldn't land their intermediate range and ICBMs anywhere close to their targets. By 2000 that was no longer the case.

@skeeter

IIRC,this is also the same time the US opened all our colleges to Chinese students. All of whom turned out to be officers in the PLA,and who all seemed to be interested in getting technical and scientific degrees.

Imagine that!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 04:26:45 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
But I'm sure Loral had nothing to do with that, Skeets.  :whistle:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Absalom

US 'would lose a war with China fought in the Pacific, is unable to defend Taiwan from an invasion and there are fears the Guam military base is at risk NOW', Pentagon sources warn
'Eye-opening' Pentagon war games revealed the US is vulnerable to China and an attack from the superpower would lead to the US 'suffering capital losses'
US defense sources told The Times that one Pentagon simulation based on the year 2030 resulted in the US being overwhelmed by the nation's force
    By Rachel Sharp For Dailymail.com
US 'would lose a war with China fought in the Pacifi
---------------------------------
Arguably, the strongest measure of any nation/state's ability to wage successful war is their
past performance, while the weakest is some fantasy game created by computer simulators.
By that criteria, Mizz Sharp's assertion is too stupid for words.
In the 19th century, China engaged in war a dozen times w/external opponents among them
France, Great Britain, India, Japan and Russia; getting their ass handed to them every time.
Japan repeated this in the 20th century.
By Sharp's criteria, the likes of Alexander, Caesar, Napoleon, Von Moltke and MacArthur
would have been overwhelmed by those tenacious simulator games. Hmm................
Realistically, China would have difficulty defeating Borneo!!!!!!!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Fishrrman's credo:
Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be.
===========================
China is going to take back Taiwan someday.
It may be by way of war, or by a threat of war, or by peaceful means -- can't say.

But of one thing I'm absolutely, positively certain:
The United States will NEVER go to full-scale war with China to protect Taiwan.

It's simply too great a price to pay.
Whatever previous or current agreements that may exist -- aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

The Chinese are patient. They play "the long game".
Longer than anyone here plays.

Offline skeeter

But I'm sure Loral had nothing to do with that, Skeets.  :whistle:

No more than it had to do with Charlie Trie and Johnny Chung.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 11:03:42 pm by skeeter »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

No more than it had to do with Charlie Trie and Johnny Chung.

We'll never know, because John Glenn was so easy to buy off for the price of a trip to Low Earth Orbit aboard the Space Shuttle.  Bubba was not a stupid man......
I will NOT comply.