Author Topic: Federal Reserve chairman warns economy may not 'fully recover' until coronavirus vaccine is develope  (Read 530 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Federal Reserve chairman warns economy may not 'fully recover' until coronavirus vaccine is developed
by Mica Soellner
 | May 17, 2020 04:20 PM

Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell said the U.S. economy might not "fully recover" without a coronavirus vaccine.

In an excerpt from CBS's 60 Minutes on Sunday, Powell expressed confidence in an economic recovery but said the nation might face a tricky timeline on bouncing back from the fallout brought by the coronavirus pandemic.

"It's going to take a while for us to get back," he said.

If a second wave of the coronavirus doesn't hit, Powell said he expects a steady recovery throughout the second half of the year. But without a vaccine, he doesn't think there will be full consumer confidence for a total recovery.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/federal-reserve-chairman-warns-economy-may-not-fully-recover-until-coronavirus-vaccine-is-developed
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Oh wow. even the banksters are pushing this vaccine.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline The_Reader_David

First Fauci, then Newsom, now Powell, with the ridiculous vaccine uber alles absolutism.

There are three ways back to the "old normal". (Though I suspect we'll still see lots more working from home and virtual meetings even once everything's open again -- I like being able to "go to" seminars at MIT, UC Riverside and the University of Birmingham (UK) all in the same week without leaving Kansas).

(1) an effective widely available vaccine
(2) herd immunity
(3) treatment protocols that get the fatality rate down to a level comparable with a seasonal flu.

As I have observed before in making this point, people don't like to think about the third because it involves making a rational assessment of risk, something people are lousy at (which is how the shift from "bend the curve" to "stay home until there's a vaccine" took hold among both policy makers and a large segment of the populace).

And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online corbe

I can truly see myself lining up in a Wells Fargo Bank, or Bank of America, the same people that did so well with my mortgage, handling my Covid $hit.   
      Sorry Sir, you haven't been wearing your mask as required so your account has been placed in arrears, please report to door 7 for rehabilitation.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
First Fauci, then Newsom, now Powell, with the ridiculous vaccine uber alles absolutism.

There are three ways back to the "old normal". (Though I suspect we'll still see lots more working from home and virtual meetings even once everything's open again -- I like being able to "go to" seminars at MIT, UC Riverside and the University of Birmingham (UK) all in the same week without leaving Kansas).

(1) an effective widely available vaccine
(2) herd immunity
(3) treatment protocols that get the fatality rate down to a level comparable with a seasonal flu.

As I have observed before in making this point, people don't like to think about the third because it involves making a rational assessment of risk, something people are lousy at (which is how the shift from "bend the curve" to "stay home until there's a vaccine" took hold among both policy makers and a large segment of the populace).
It's the CDC and WHO and that bunch that want the vaccine, because Bill Gates is millions deep in getting one.
A twenty five dollar off-the-shelf treatment (and that is for administering ALL THREE medications) doesn't offer any new patents, income, power, it just makes people well, unlike just picking one of the medications and claiming the whole regimen is a failure (because it was not properly administered).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis