Author Topic: '10 firefighters hurt' in downtown Los Angeles fire  (Read 1055 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
'10 firefighters hurt' in downtown Los Angeles fire
« on: May 17, 2020, 03:46:30 am »
More than 230 firefighters are tackling a large blaze that has spread to several buildings following reports of an explosion in downtown Los Angeles.

The Los Angeles Fire Department tweeted that up to 10 firefighters were "down" after the blast, but gave no further details on their conditions at this stage.

https://news.sky.com/story/10-firefighters-hurt-in-downtown-los-angeles-fire-11989680
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: '10 firefighters hurt' in downtown Los Angeles fire
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 06:30:46 am »
Eleven injured at last report...https://t.co/YS0F7s3Q7E?amp=1
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 01:16:30 pm »
https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-nw-los-angeles-firefighters-explosion-20200517-rs6gsqasifa5tpmxm45uifasme-story.html

11 Los Angeles firefighters hurt while running from explosion at hash oil manufacturer
By STEFANIE DAZIO AND FRANK BAKER, ASSOCIATED PRESS |
MAY 17, 2020 | 7:48 AM | LOS ANGELES
Firefighters were called to 327 East Boyd St. in the city’s Toy District for a report of a fire at a one-story commercial building. There was light to moderate smoke when firefighters entered the building and went on the roof, normal procedures to try to quickly knock down any flames.

Los Angeles Fire Chief Ralph Terrazas said one of the firefighters inside the building thought things didn't seem right — the pressure from the smoke and heat coming from the rear of the building were increasing. He directed everyone to get out, and as they quickly started exiting the building as it was rocked by the explosion.

Firefighters on the roof scrambled down ladders with their protective coats on fire. The wall of flames shot out the building and burned seats inside a fire truck across the street.
Scott said the building was a warehouse for SmokeTokes, which he described as a maker of “butane honey oil." Butane is an odorless gas that easily ignites, and it's used in the process to extract the high-inducing chemical THC from cannabis to create a highly potent concentrate also known as hash oil. The oil is used in vape pens, edibles, waxes and other products.

I wonder if the company had informed local authorities about the kinds of chemicals they were using and storing onsite.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 03:13:32 pm »
https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-nw-los-angeles-firefighters-explosion-20200517-rs6gsqasifa5tpmxm45uifasme-story.html

11 Los Angeles firefighters hurt while running from explosion at hash oil manufacturer
By STEFANIE DAZIO AND FRANK BAKER, ASSOCIATED PRESS |
MAY 17, 2020 | 7:48 AM | LOS ANGELES
I wonder if the company had informed local authorities about the kinds of chemicals they were using and storing onsite.

I'm gonna make a WAG and say no.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2020, 10:14:52 pm »
I'm gonna make a WAG and say no.
Those flames were multiples (guessing 10X) of the building height, and appeared really light yellow to white (HOT!). Not normal unless the contents are really good fuel.
Whoever was inside and made the call to get out did the right thing. Prayers up for all the injured and their families (including the Brothers and Sisters in turnout gear).

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 10:43:15 pm »
Those flames were multiples (guessing 10X) of the building height, and appeared really light yellow to white (HOT!). Not normal unless the contents are really good fuel.
Whoever was inside and made the call to get out did the right thing. Prayers up for all the injured and their families (including the Brothers and Sisters in turnout gear).

Looks like it was a pot grow house or warehouse that caught fire.

Scott said the building was a warehouse for SmokeTokes, which he described as a maker of “butane honey oil." Butane is an odorless gas that easily ignites, and it's used in the process to extract the high-inducing chemical THC from cannabis to create a highly potent concentrate also known as hash oil. The oil is used in vape pens, edibles, waxes and other products.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2020, 11:29:55 pm »
Looks like it was a pot grow house or warehouse that caught fire.
Sounds like a it may have been a processing plant for hash oil or wax, which would imply the presence of organic solvents--notoriously inflammable--likely in bulk. Stored materials and product would, if I am correct, go up like a roman candle, especially as carboys or drums lost integrity.

There was also mention of numerous small CO2 cylinders "raining down" from the explosion, and while CO2 would hamper a fire, the bursting cylinders might aerosolize materials and would distribute them vertically and laterally during the conflagration contributing to the intensity of the fire. At the very least, it would be a real pain trying to work a hose line standing on a bunch of them. I wonder what hazmat designations were around the premises?

Without knowing the contents and what was actually done there, all else is speculation.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2020, 01:06:43 pm »
Looks like instead of chasing down citizens not wearing masks in public, Los Angeles authorities should have concentrated on identifying public safety issues such as locations of dangerous plants in the city.

More likely to save lives.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2020, 02:45:53 pm »
Another example of how Cannabis is not harmful.  /s
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2020, 06:37:07 pm »
Another example of how Cannabis is not harmful.  /s

Why anyone thought people willing to disobey drug laws would suddenly obey regulations after their recreational-chemical-of-choice was legalized eludes me.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2020, 10:05:37 pm »
https://justthenews.com/nation/butane-gas-canisters-found-site-la-fire-hash-oil-factory

Los Angeles explosion injuring 11 firefighters being investigated amid finding of butane canisters
By Sophie Mann
Last Updated: May 18, 2020 - 10:29am
The weekend explosion in downtown Los Angeles that injured 11 firefighters is being investigated amid the nearby discovery of canisters of butane, a highly flammable gas.
Liquid butane is used to produce hash oil by passing it through a cannabis plant, effectively extracting the high-inducing hydrophobic compounds (THC), which are then run through a filter to create the final product. Hash oil, sometimes referred to as “dabs,” “honeycomb,” and “wax,” is a highly potent form of cannabis. The oil is also sometimes used in vape pens and edibles.

If I understand such things correctly, this facility was not producing CBD oil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2020, 10:57:32 pm »
Why anyone thought people willing to disobey drug laws would suddenly obey regulations after their recreational-chemical-of-choice was legalized eludes me.

Same reasons the same people think that if you ban all guns...gun violence will disappear.