Author Topic: Swiping 'Globalists,' Trump Vows to Bring Medicine and Other Supply Chains Back Home  (Read 1505 times)

Offline libertybele

Swiping 'Globalists,' Trump Vows to Bring Medicine and Other Supply Chains Back Home

President Trump signed an executive order Thursday designed to facilitate the domestic production of strategic supplies needed to deal with the coronavirus pandemic. He had strong words for “globalists” who he said had put global interests ahead of those of the United States.

“We had a bunch of globalists,” Trump said during a visit to an Allentown, Pa.-based medical equipment distributor, Owens and Minor Inc. “They didn’t know what the hell they were doing.”

“My goal is to produce everything America needs for ourselves and then export to the world, and that includes medicines,” the president said. “It’s very important,” he continued, saying the U.S. has been “too reliant on other countries.”

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/international/patrick-goodenough/swiping-globalists-trump-vows-bring-medicine-and-other
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Git 'er done!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

That's right. I can get behind him on this one.

Offline verga

That's right. I can get behind him on this one.
Everyone should be behind him on this one.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline roamer_1

Everyone should be behind him on this one.

Sure, but it depends upon how it's done.

Offline EdinVA

The only way to bring it back 'legally" is thru tariffs and tax incentives... prepare for the onslaught of criticisms...

Offline roamer_1

The only way to bring it back 'legally" is thru tariffs and tax incentives... prepare for the onslaught of criticisms...

Tariffs tip the field. Won't back that at all.
It is inherently against competition, creating a protected class.

But doing all that can be done to get government out of the way... Tax incentive. Sure. Labor regulation restructuring... sure. lower safety and insurance regulations, The cost of inventory, the cost of new construction, environmental impact bullcrap, and etc, etc, etc. YES.

Offline EdinVA

Tariffs tip the field. Won't back that at all.
It is inherently against competition, creating a protected class.

But doing all that can be done to get government out of the way... Tax incentive. Sure. Labor regulation restructuring... sure. lower safety and insurance regulations, The cost of inventory, the cost of new construction, environmental impact bullcrap, and etc, etc, etc. YES.
@roamer_1
We already have a protected class, non-american companies.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1
We already have a protected class, non-american companies.

@EdinVA

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Offline EdinVA

@EdinVA

Two wrongs don't make a right.
@roamer_1
Understand and agree, but we have to try and undo 50 years of abuse quickly and we cannot do that timidly or we will never get where we need to be before the libs detour us again.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1
Understand and agree, but we have to try and undo 50 years of abuse quickly and we cannot do that timidly or we will never get where we need to be before the libs detour us again.

@EdinVA

I get where you are coming from, but creating MORE protectionism will only exacerbate the problem.
The solution would be LESS protectionism.

Look at it like the healthcare dilemma. The answer to giant health costs is not and was not governmental intervention. Not only is that predictable, but now proven.

The thing to do is knock out the props that are artificially holding the market up... Not make more props.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@EdinVA

I get where you are coming from, but creating MORE protectionism will only exacerbate the problem.

Maybe you should finish reading the chapter before you post. 

Just sayin'

Offline roamer_1

Maybe you should finish reading the chapter before you post. 

Just sayin'

What 'chapter' is that?

Offline EdinVA

@EdinVA

Look at it like the healthcare dilemma. The answer to giant health costs is not and was not governmental intervention. Not only is that predictable, but now proven.

The thing to do is knock out the props that are artificially holding the market up... Not make more props.
@roamer_1
The problem with healthcare is there is NO competition just unofficial price fixing and the insurance is compelled to pay no matter what.
Stockholders are demanding higher and higher dividends so they are the only real hope to control medical costs under control if they will push on the companies they own to get real, which is not going to happen.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1
The problem with healthcare is there is NO competition just unofficial price fixing and the insurance is compelled to pay no matter what.

@EdinVA
And the insurance consortiums own the medical facilities... And round and round it goes...

Stockholders are demanding higher and higher dividends so they are the only real hope to control medical costs under control if they will push on the companies they own to get real, which is not going to happen.

And uncle nanny gets their rake off the top, even without owning healthcare... with regulations, inspections, and licensing.

So how do you knock out the props?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I can't take him seriously until he gets rid of Fauci and Birx.  They are globalists.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

I can't take him seriously until he gets rid of Fauci and Birx.  They are globalists.
He has to have a reason the public will swallow, unfortunately, otherwise, he'll be shown as having fired the 'saviour doctors in a time the 'murcan pipple neeeded them'.

And those are the optics which would be applied by the MSM, ad nauseum.

But the more they are there, the more contradictions, the more people are questioning what is going on, especially when there has been one or two (or even) no cases in their county, and the ones who were sick are all better.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

He has to have a reason the public will swallow, unfortunately, otherwise, he'll be shown as having fired the 'saviour doctors in a time the 'murcan pipple neeeded them'.

And those are the optics which would be applied by the MSM, ad nauseum.

But the more they are there, the more contradictions, the more people are questioning what is going on, especially when there has been one or two (or even) no cases in their county, and the ones who were sick are all better.

Doesn't seem to bother him to fire lots of people.  It was hilarious to watch the presser with Fauci and Brix masked up and everyone else bare faced.  If Trump was smart he would fire her.  And distance himself from the globalists they are connected to.

Then he should come completely clean on the damage all of this has done to this country.  And admit that we shouldn't have shut down the country.  Shouldn't have approved all that spending too.  Refuse to sign any more legislation approving trillion dollar COVID relief.  Which would force states to get back to business.  If he can allow migrants to come from infected Mexico to pick our produce we can all go back to work.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 10:10:46 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

Doesn't seem to bother him to fire lots of people.  It was hilarious to watch the presser with Fauci and Brix masked up and everyone else bare faced.  If Trump was smart he would fire her.  And distance himself from the globalists they are connected to.
Yes, but timing is important, too. If he can't get the people to understand why in one tweet, it's politically risky. In the meantime, people are seeing the farce.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

Yes, but timing is important, too. If he can't get the people to understand why in one tweet, it's politically risky. In the meantime, people are seeing the farce.

Dr. Birx never bothered me, and I haven't watched one of the pressers in quite awhile, but Fauci seem like a weasel from the beginning and when they started making dolls in his image, I knew that the left loved him; definitely never a good sign. IMHO he tried several times to berate Trump -- and I thought then he needed to go.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 10:37:56 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Dr. Birx never bothered me, and I haven't watched one of the pressers in quite awhile, but Fauci seem like a weasel from the beginning and when they started making dolls in his image, I knew that the left loved him; definitely never a good sign. IMHO he tried several times to berate Trump -- and I thought then he needed to go.

I think if Trump keeps those two it can only hurt him.  Not like I am that concerned with that.  You know that.  I don't care for Trump or Biden.  Everyone knows, but I am concerned with taking their advice and what it is doing to the nation.  That is what concerns me.

Offline libertybele

I think if Trump keeps those two it can only hurt him.  Not like I am that concerned with that.  You know that.  I don't care for Trump or Biden.  Everyone knows, but I am concerned with taking their advice and what it is doing to the nation.  That is what concerns me.

I would love to know how Trump decided upon the two of them in the first place. 

Offline Smokin Joe

Either that or people were looking for pincushions...
Birx is the stealth globalist of the two.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

I would love to know how Trump decided upon the two of them in the first place.
If you aren't familliar with a topic, in his position you'd call in the 'experts'.

Fauci had been the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases for a while, since 1984, which means he's fairly highly ranked and by virtue of that position, an "expert".

Birx had served under Obama as United States Global AIDS Coordinator for Presidents Barack Obama and Donald Trump since 2014, which made her response coordinator material.

Keep in mind that science isn't supposed to play politics or have an agenda, but provide the right answers, as best we know, without prejudice. Obviously, that isn't what is going on, any more than the Climate Alarmists are neutral.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

If you aren't familliar with a topic, in his position you'd call in the 'experts'.

Fauci had been the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases for a while, since 1984, which means he's fairly highly ranked and by virtue of that position, an "expert".

Birx had served under Obama as United States Global AIDS Coordinator for Presidents Barack Obama and Donald Trump since 2014, which made her response coordinator material.

Keep in mind that science isn't supposed to play politics or have an agenda, but provide the right answers, as best we know, without prejudice. Obviously, that isn't what is going on, any more than the Climate Alarmists are neutral.

Yes, you call in the experts and he has done so in the past; it seems he doesn't investigate who they've worked under or their past connections to the left.