Author Topic: Clapper: ‘I Don’t Recall What Prompted a Request That Was Made on My Behalf for Unmasking’ Flynn  (Read 2124 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trent Baker 14 May 2020

Thursday on CNN’s “New Day,” former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper discussed the report that Obama administration officials wanted to “unmask” former President Donald Trump National Security Advisor Michael Flynn.

“New Day” host John Berman asked Clapper why he made three specific requests to unmask the name of an individual on December 2, December 28 and January 7.

Clapper said he does not remember why he made those three specific requests, nor does he remember what prompted the request that was made on his behalf.

“No, I don’t,” Clapper told Berman. “I don’t recall what prompted a request that was made on my behalf for unmasking. I don’t remember the specifics or what it was in the second report that was suggestive enough that I was concerned and felt that I should know who was actually involved.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/05/14/clapper-i-dont-recall-what-prompted-a-request-that-was-made-on-my-behalf-for-unmasking-flynn/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

CNN brought in one of the criminals to say “no, this is all fine, it’s what we do in our job at the department, this is all normal conduct.”

And CNN turns to the camera and says, “See?”

Offline PeteS in CA

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
So this guy yammers on and on about Flynn, Trump, and Russian corruption ad nauseum, but can't remember any details of unmasking Flynn?

Someone should point out to him that this only further makes the case that Flynn is innocent.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

So he's suffering from dementia, too, just like Gropin' Joe?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"I don't remember....." has always been a favorite of mine,too.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Clapper's trying to bullshit us again.  "I didn't do it!  Some Staffer did it in my name without my permission!  I'm innocent (or at least, the least guilty)!"

"Some Staffer," my ass.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Give me a half hour with him....tied to a plank.

He'll remember everything.

@txradioguy
@Axeslinger

Does that offend you?   happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline PeteS in CA

Clapper's trying to bullshit us again.  "I didn't do it!  Some Staffer did it in my name without my permission!  I'm innocent (or at least, the least guilty)!"

"Some Staffer," my ass.

Also ...

Rice's trying to bullshit us again.  "I didn't do it!  Some Staffer did it in my name without my permission!  I'm innocent (or at least, the least guilty)!"

"Some Staffer," my ass.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Also ...

Rice's trying to bullshit us again.  "I didn't do it!  Some Staffer did it in my name without my permission!  I'm innocent (or at least, the least guilty)!"

"Some Staffer," my ass.

I guess I'll just put this observation here...I'm going to go with what others are saying whenever Trump signs a bad bill:  I don't care what her staffers did, Rice SIGNED it.  As the Undersigned, she assumes responsibility for everything over that signature.  I don't GAF about her excuses.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

I guess I'll just put this observation here...I'm going to go with what others are saying whenever Trump signs a bad bill:  I don't care what her staffers did, Rice SIGNED it.  As the Undersigned, she assumes responsibility for everything over that signature.  I don't GAF about her excuses.

I understand that the list of the 'Original 39' has grown exponentially, using this method of "..staff did it".

To the point that it's virtually impossible to track down the "unmasker".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I thought "I can't Remember." was the Hillary defense.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I understand that the list of the 'Original 39' has grown exponentially, using this method of "..staff did it".

To the point that it's virtually impossible to track down the "unmasker".

What we can do it track down who signed the unmasking request, and hold that person responsible.  What matters eventually is "Who leaked," but the signer is still responsible for the distribution of the ill-gotten goods.
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

What we can do it track down who signed the unmasking request, and hold that person responsible.  What matters eventually is "Who leaked," but the signer is still responsible for the distribution of the ill-gotten goods.

But it's not a felony...it's merely "carelessness in the workplace".

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
But it's not a felony...it's merely "carelessness in the workplace".

That'll do.  Nothing else is gonna happen anyhoo.  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That'll do.  Nothing else is gonna happen anyhoo.  :shrug:
Which is unfortunate. There are a lot of people who should be spending their life's savings on attorneys, who imposed similar on others for no other purpose than to gain bad optics on an administration they have no professional business attacking.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Smokin Joe

I thought she had the "YOU can't remember!" defense?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

@Smokin Joe

I thought she had the "YOU can't remember!" defense?

I'll have to remember that line .... "I don't recall" .... seems to be a cover all phrase for avoiding responsibility.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'll have to remember that line .... "I don't recall" .... seems to be a cover all phrase for avoiding responsibility.

"I can't recall" is the go-to answer, because to refute it requires digging deeply enough to prove he should have recalled it.  Difficult, yes, bu1t it does happen. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I thought "I don't recall" was the Hitlery defense.

Offline mountaineer

Paul Sperry  @paulsperry_
BREAKING: Obama officials demanded the NSA unmask Gen. Flynn's identity in classified foreign intercepts almost 50 times between the 2016 election & 2017 inauguration. In contrast, Gen. Flynn requested a sum total of just 1 unmasking in his entire career including as head of DIA
11:49 PM · May 14, 2020
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

Paul Sperry  @paulsperry_
BREAKING: Obama officials demanded the NSA unmask Gen. Flynn's identity in classified foreign intercepts almost 50 times between the 2016 election & 2017 inauguration. In contrast, Gen. Flynn requested a sum total of just 1 unmasking in his entire career including as head of DIA
11:49 PM · May 14, 2020

Strong evidence that Flynn was specifically targeted, or at the very least was a convenient target.

Offline verga

No her defense was:  What difference at this point does it make?”
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
No her defense was:  What difference at this point does it make?”
Before Benghazi there was Whitewater and the "I don't remember" defense(don't recall is just a variation) so let's step into Mister Peabody's Wayback Machine.

https://www.newsweek.com/ken-starr-says-he-almost-charged-hillary-clinton-perjury-1117125

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Give me a half hour with him....tied to a plank.

He'll remember everything.

@txradioguy
@Axeslinger

Does that offend you?   happy77

@DCPatriot you want me to hold the bandanna over his face or pour the water?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!