Author Topic: Judge in Flynn case eyeing possible contempt charge for perjury  (Read 1990 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Judge in Flynn case eyeing possible contempt charge for perjury
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2020, 05:22:39 pm »
Sydney's fighting the Judge's "Call for Amicus Briefs."  Apparently there's precedence on her side.

Indeed their is.  I heard her on Mark Levin's show a week ago.  This is one (of many) Texas women I wouldn't want to cross or make angry.

And Judge Sullivan has already done that numerous times it would appear.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2020, 06:58:37 pm »
Flynn's attorney is sharp...I don't see her letting this stand as it is without a serious fight.

Unfortunately, stringing out the process is a significant part of Sullivan's game. Her primary goal needs to be to get Sullivan off the case. Otherwise there's a time-consuming battle over this stunt, and on losing Sullivan will pull another.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2020, 08:55:44 pm »
Unfortunately, stringing out the process is a significant part of Sullivan's game. Her primary goal needs to be to get Sullivan off the case. Otherwise there's a time-consuming battle over this stunt, and on losing Sullivan will pull another.

It seems to me like the DoJ or the senior Judge in  the DC circuit could step in and stop this silliness.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2020, 12:01:08 pm »
Michael Flynn judge is destroying a man's reputation: His own
by Margot Cleveland
 | May 14, 2020 12:49 PM
In late 2017, Michael Flynn pleaded guilty to making false statements to the FBI concerning conversations he had with the Russian ambassador to the United States following President Trump’s surprise victory over Hillary Clinton. Soon after, the case was transferred to Judge Emmet Sullivan’s docket, where it languished for a year while Flynn cooperated with special counsel Robert Mueller’s office. During that time, the public learned that the Russian collusion tale peddled by Democrats and the media was false and that the true scandal was the FBI targeting the Trump campaign and its flagrant abuse of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to spy on the Trump team. ...

But instead of appointing an outside attorney to investigate prosecutorial misconduct, Sullivan issued a pair of orders this week, teeing up an investigation of Barr and Flynn.

The first order came Tuesday when Sullivan stated he would accept amicus curiae, or friend of the court, briefs concerning the government’s motion to dismiss the charge against Flynn. On Wednesday, Sullivan appointed “the Honorable John Gleeson (Ret.) as amicus curiae to present arguments in opposition to the government’s Motion to Dismiss” and to investigate whether Flynn should be held in criminal contempt of court for perjury.

With this later order, Sullivan has destroyed any possible semblance of impartiality — and his reputation. A federal court has no authority over prosecutorial decisions, including whether to prosecute or whether to dismiss. ...
Entire column at Washington Examiner.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline verga

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2020, 12:50:12 pm »
Now the crooked Clinton Judge is just making shit up as he's going along.
Gotta keep the swamp dwellers in power.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2020, 01:11:52 pm »
Translation: no trial, no due process, just a proclamation from the judge.

Well it would just be a charge right? The trial requires a jury.

Hard to know if federal contempt of court requires a trial.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2020, 01:41:35 pm »

Trial?   :silly:

As far as the crooked Clinton Judge is concerned, the trial is already over and he just wants to hand down a sentence.  There will be no trial, just a bunch of Amicus Briefs from one side only.  This Judge refused to admit over 50 such briefs on behalf of Flynn, and I hardly see why he'd start accepting them now.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2020, 01:45:39 pm »
Hey, here's a fun brain game!

What if the situation were reversed:  Let's say a Defendant pleads Not Guilty, and is eventually convicted despite this.  Does that mean he can be found guilty of Perjury too, for saying untruthfully he's innocent?

Seems to me that would be the same thing!

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2020, 02:03:48 pm »
Hey, here's a fun brain game!

What if the situation were reversed:  Let's say a Defendant pleads Not Guilty, and is eventually convicted despite this.  Does that mean he can be found guilty of Perjury too, for saying untruthfully he's innocent?

Seems to me that would be the same thing!

:beer:

Yes, it should logically follow. However, the left is naturally restricted from accessing human logic. Something to do with genetics, I think.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2020, 02:30:47 pm »
:beer:

Yes, it should logically follow. However, the left is naturally restricted from accessing human logic. Something to do with genetics, I think.

I just thought of that when I woke up this morning.  It would appear that, to the leftist mind (stop laughing),  that can only be perjury if the person really is innocent.  The Queen of Hearts would be mighty proud of our system of injustice.  Like the old coin-toss, "heads I win, tails you lose."
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2020, 04:22:56 pm »

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

AKA "Judicial Heaven,with them sitting on the ultimate throne."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2020, 04:33:46 pm »
Gotta keep the swamp dwellers in power.

Sullivan is trying to force a pardon, which would feed into the rat's 'cronyism' narrative.

Unfortunately we cannot depend upon this judge and the system he is using for justice - justice delayed is justice denied.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 04:34:57 pm by skeeter »