Author Topic: Seattle Is Dying: Drugs And Homelessness In Seattle  (Read 891 times)

rangerrebew

Seattle Is Dying: Drugs And Homelessness In Seattle
« on: May 13, 2020, 05:32:39 pm »

Seattle Is Dying: Drugs And Homelessness In Seattle
Posted By Tim Hains
On Date March 24, 2019

KOMO's Eric Johnson explores the impact the drug and homelessness problem is having on the city and possible solutions in this documentary titled, "Seattle is Dying."

"Let me ask you something. What if Seattle is dying and we don't even know it?" Johnson asks in the introduction. "This story is about a wave of seething anger that is now boiling over into outrage. It is about people who have felt compassion, yes, but who no longer feel safe. No longer feel like they are heard. No longer feel protected. It is about lost souls who wander our streets untethered to home or family or reality, chasing a drug, which in turn chases them."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/03/24/seattle_is_dying_drugs_and_homelessness_in_seattle.html?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=mixi&utm_campaign=realclearpolitics

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Seattle Is Dying: Drugs And Homelessness In Seattle
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 05:35:33 pm »
Good. RIP
Let it burn, burn it down, Let it burn...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 06:19:58 pm »
Many jurisdictions face the same problem, as Seattle.

It is now universally recognized the problem is addiction, mental illness (brought about by the drugs, to a significant degree).

The jurisdictions must provide treatment/living facilities, at taxpayer expense.

But more significantly they must find the political will to exercize involuntary confinement. That is not easily reached.

Lawyers from "civil liberty" orientations argue in favor of having these thieves wander the streets, parks, beaches.

The local PD officers won't risk their careers and pensions, to please citizens.

California's stupid voters, enacted several measures, which just enable the homeless, keeping them on the streets, not in prison.

Honest experts readily admit there are adequate treatment options, but absent the will for involuntary confinement, they wander, defacate, etc.

See Dr. Drew Pinsky.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Mod5

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 06:38:15 pm »
Next time, check the date!

Offline Quasar44

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 04:15:48 am »
When naked Marxism has control —. Things die

SF a city of Heroin needles and feces

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 03:14:49 am »
Seattle has gotten much worse since Eric did that film in 2019. And still the city does nothing.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2020, 05:57:05 pm »

@NavyCanDo  - would love to hear your impressions of what's going on right now in your city. Are you okay?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2020, 05:59:18 pm »
Seattle has gotten much worse since Eric did that film in 2019. And still the city does nothing.

@NavyCanDo  I didn't realize that you lived in the Seattle area.  Hope you are safe.  Yes, interested on your take on what's going on.  The situation seems pretty dire.  Is it true that the governor is denying what is going on?  The National Guard has been turned away?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2020, 06:40:17 pm »

SF, LA and other jurisdictions have similar problems. Dr. Drew Pinskey has addressed it.

Treatmentprograms exist. But if "patients" will not comply voluntarily with rules, they get "curbed" e.g. left to fare on the streets.

One major problem is "involuntaryconfinement."   We used to enforce laws on vagrancy. We used to enforce laws on drugs. We used to confine comit people for mental ilness.

Today that has been changed so much, in favor of civil libertarians on the left, and on the right.

Seattle and its clones, are the result.

Cities in OC CA are buying facilities for homeless living.

Obamacare mandates treatment.

Online dfwgator

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2020, 07:14:10 pm »
The US is Dying!

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2020, 08:23:19 pm »
The US is Dying!

In 12 Step Recovery jargon, there are references, to Low bottoms, and to High bottoms.

Usually the troubled subject is in denial.

I believe 12 jargon is known widely enough, ffor both Trump and other conservatives, to use in campaigns.

" you want  America to wind up like San Francisco and Seattle?"

FYI most of my AA buds are conservatives. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2020, 05:57:22 am »
In 12 Step Recovery jargon, there are references, to Low bottoms, and to High bottoms.

Usually the troubled subject is in denial.

I believe 12 jargon is known widely enough, ffor both Trump and other conservatives, to use in campaigns.

" you want  America to wind up like San Francisco and Seattle?"

FYI most of my AA buds are conservatives.
I think the Dems are still stuck on "Sharing is Caring".. (Now, gibsmedat, you rasis (fill in the blank)phobe!)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis