Author Topic: Fauci Reacts to Rand Paul Saying He's Not the 'End All'  (Read 309 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fauci Reacts to Rand Paul Saying He's Not the 'End All'
« on: May 12, 2020, 05:18:07 pm »
Fauci Reacts to Rand Paul Saying He's Not the 'End All'
Cortney O'Brien

Posted: May 12, 2020 12:45 PM

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) got under the skin of Dr. Anthony Fauci on Tuesday during testimony before the Senate HELP committee as the two sparred over whether or not it's safe for children to return to school. The senator believes that some children can get back to class, to which Fauci urged caution.

"We don't know everything about this virus, and we really ought to be very careful, particularly when it comes to children," the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases said.

Fauci was underlining his earlier warning that we can't reopen the country prematurely because to do so would bring "really serious" consequences.

"I don't think you're the end all," Sen. Paul said, with all due respect. "I don't think you're the one person that gets to make a decision."

Chairman Lamar Alexander was about to move on, but Dr. Fauci asked to use the last 30 seconds to respond to Sen. Paul's remarks.

"I have never made myself out to be the end-all," Fauci said in defense. "I'm a scientist, a physician, and a public health official. I don't give advice about economic things. I don't give advice on anything other than public health."

Fauci also got irked by Paul's suggestion that he has a big head.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2020/05/12/fauci-reacts-to-rand-paul-saying-hes-not-the-end-all-n2568652
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34