Author Topic: Popular Beach Liquefies and Disappears During M6.5 Idaho Earthquake  (Read 392 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
By Strange Sounds -May 11, 2020

With the melting of winter snowpack and ice at lakes in the Sawtooth National Recreation Area, several observers noted something was different at the Stanley Lake inlet.

Initial reports noted that this former boat launch, beach, and popular fishing area was flooded with deep water and had seemingly disappeared.

Yep, according to new investigations, geologists believe that the Stanley Lake inlet beach collapsed as a result of the March 31 M6.5 earthquake.

The Idaho Geological Survey reviewed photos and pre- and post-earthquake satellite imagery of the inlet and linked the flooding with geologic processes associated with the powerful Idaho earthquake.

“The most probable cause for the “disappearing” of the inlet delta is a combination of liquefaction and compaction of saturated sediments and some possible sliding and lateral spreading on the delta toward the deeper part of the lake as a result of the March 31 earthquake or the associated aftershocks,” said Claudio Berti, Director and State Geologist, Idaho Geological Survey.

More: https://strangesounds.org/2020/05/beach-disappears-during-idaho-earthquake-stanley-lake-inlet-beach.html

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@bigheadfred  Know anything about this?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@bigheadfred  Know anything about this?

No. Not until now. But I haven't been paying any attention to local news.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley