Author Topic: Hidalgo County to Tesla: No Shelter-In-Place Order Here  (Read 774 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Hidalgo County to Tesla: No Shelter-In-Place Order Here
« on: May 11, 2020, 11:06:50 pm »
Texas Scorecard by David Vasquez May 11, 2020

County Judge Richard Cortez contacted Elon Musk in a public letter following his announcement that Tesla would be leaving California and possibly coming to Texas.

Could the last major automaker in California be relocating to Texas—and possibly to the Rio Grande Valley?

Hidalgo County Judge Richard Cortez sent a letter Monday to Tesla CEO Elon Musk after Musk announced in a tweet last week that he would be relocating his company out of California. Alameda County in California has denied Tesla’s requests to reopen, making it—as of Monday—the only major auto manufacturer in the U.S. that is still closed. Musk tweeted that this was the “final straw” and that he would be relocating to “Texas/Nevada” immediately.

In his letter to Musk, Judge Cortez said the county has a “pro-business governor” and a “hard-working and comparatively young labor force that could easily be trained to begin manufacturing operations for Tesla Motors.” Cortez also advertised the county’s existing automobile manufacturing infrastructure and relationship with Mexico.

“What we no longer have is a shelter at home mandate.”

Musk responded shortly after with a tweet: “Note is much appreciated.”

More: https://texasscorecard.com/local/hidalgo-county-to-tesla-no-shelter-in-place-order-here/

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Hidalgo County to Tesla: No Shelter-In-Place Order Here
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 11:53:35 pm »
Musk has other Calif. based operations, including SpaceX (Hawthorne-Socal), Boring Company (LA), overall Hq. for his companies ( Palo Alto-Bay area).

He also announced plans to sell several homes in the LA luxury area.

If the CA GOP cannot mount a strong candidate to replace Gavin Mussolini, they can do nothing.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 12:01:00 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 12:53:53 am »
Sadly, CA R politics have followed the same basic track for a couple of decades: if a Mo-o-o-o-o-o-oderate gets a nomination they run a weak campaign apologizing for conservatives almost as much as they campaign against the D; if a conservative gets a nomination, the Mo-o-o-o-o-o-oderates pick their toys and go sulk in a corner.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 02:06:01 am »
Texas Scorecard by David Vasquez May 11, 2020

County Judge Richard Cortez contacted Elon Musk in a public letter following his announcement that Tesla would be leaving California and possibly coming to Texas.

Could the last major automaker in California be relocating to Texas—and possibly to the Rio Grande Valley?

Hidalgo County Judge Richard Cortez sent a letter Monday to Tesla CEO Elon Musk after Musk announced in a tweet last week that he would be relocating his company out of California. Alameda County in California has denied Tesla’s requests to reopen, making it—as of Monday—the only major auto manufacturer in the U.S. that is still closed. Musk tweeted that this was the “final straw” and that he would be relocating to “Texas/Nevada” immediately.

In his letter to Musk, Judge Cortez said the county has a “pro-business governor” and a “hard-working and comparatively young labor force that could easily be trained to begin manufacturing operations for Tesla Motors.” Cortez also advertised the county’s existing automobile manufacturing infrastructure and relationship with Mexico.

“What we no longer have is a shelter at home mandate.”

Musk responded shortly after with a tweet: “Note is much appreciated.”

More: https://texasscorecard.com/local/hidalgo-county-to-tesla-no-shelter-in-place-order-here/

If Musk's choice is Nevada or Texas, it needs to be Texas.  Nevada has too many Democrats and a lockdown-happy Governor.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 03:21:41 pm »
Once upon a time, Ford had a plant in NE San Jose, and GM had a plant in Fremont. I think both were closed in the early or mid 1980s as uneconomical. The Ford plant was converted to the Great Mall. The GM plant reopened for a time building cars for a GM-Toyota joint venture, but closed again in the late 90s or early 00s. When Tesla moved from prototyping (in San Carlos, on the SF Peninsula) to production, they moved into the former GM facility.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'm a Tesla non-fan, so my attitude toward this kerfuffle is :pop41: .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 03:29:21 pm »
I think the note from the Judge is irrelevant, because Musk wants to relocate to Austin, which is not that different from California, business climate-wise.  Hidalgo is on the Mexican border.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2020, 09:42:44 pm »
I think the note from the Judge is irrelevant, because Musk wants to relocate to Austin, which is not that different from California, business climate-wise.  Hidalgo is on the Mexican border.

It is not about Austin. It is about the Texas  vs. California business climate.

He invited them to arrest him, before arresting the workers at the re-opening of the Freemont-Tesla CA assembly plant.

He is basically challenging Gavin-Mussolini, mano a mano

Looks like he's already picked up him up some Texican, on his journey from South Africa, to Canada, to California,

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2020, 10:16:40 pm »
It is not about Austin. It is about the Texas  vs. California business climate.

He invited them to arrest him, before arresting the workers at the re-opening of the Freemont-Tesla CA assembly plant.

He is basically challenging Gavin-Mussolini, mano a mano

Looks like he's already picked up him up some Texican, on his journey from South Africa, to Canada, to California,

Not quite my point.  Unless he's heard that Musk is thinking about relocating Tesla to Hidalgo County, the letter is irrelevant because Austin (Travis County) is where Musk has said he wants to go.

Lotsa people are moving from somewhere in California to somewhere in TX.  I'm in a Bookface group called Moving From California To Texas and they talk about it all the time.  I found out that a U-Haul from Cali to Houston costs more than double the rate from Houston to Cali.  It's easy to verify by going to the U-Haul website and asking for quotes.
I will NOT comply.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2020, 10:32:28 pm »
It would not be too strange for Elon to pick Hidalgo Co. After all his presence is growing just one county over in Cameron Co.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2020, 11:07:14 pm »
It would not be too strange for Elon to pick Hidalgo Co. After all his presence is growing just one county over in Cameron Co.

Is that where Boca Chica is?
I will NOT comply.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2020, 11:11:21 pm »
Is that where Boca Chica is?

Yep. Nestled between P.I. and the Rio Grande.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2020, 11:38:00 pm »
Not quite my point.  Unless he's heard that Musk is thinking about relocating Tesla to Hidalgo County, the letter is irrelevant because Austin (Travis County) is where Musk has said he wants to go.

Lotsa people are moving from somewhere in California to somewhere in TX.  I'm in a Bookface group called Moving From California To Texas and they talk about it all the time.  I found out that a U-Haul from Cali to Houston costs more than double the rate from Houston to Cali.  It's easy to verify by going to the U-Haul website and asking for quotes.
Not surprised by any of that.

I had not heard him express interest in Austin.