Author Topic: Nearly 2000 former DOJ officials call for AG Barr to resign over Flynn case  (Read 692 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 abcnews.go.com
Nearly 2000 former DOJ officials call for AG Barr to resign over Flynn case
ABC News
5-6 minutes

It's not clear how the judge in Flynn's case will react to DOJ's reversal.

Nearly 2000 Justice Department officials have signed onto a letter calling for Attorney General William Barr to resign over what they describe as his improper intervention in the criminal case of former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn.

Last week, the DOJ moved to drop charges against Flynn who had pleaded guilty twice to lying to the FBI about his contacts with the former Russian ambassador during the presidential transition.

The letter, signed mostly by former career officials in the department, accuses Barr of joining with President Trump in "political interference in the Department’s law enforcement decisions."

"Attorney General Barr’s repeated actions to use the Department as a tool to further President Trump’s personal and political interests have undermined any claim to the deference that courts usually apply to the Department’s decisions about whether or not to prosecute a case," reads the letter, which was organized by the group 'Protect Democracy'.

more
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/2000-doj-officials-call-ag-barr-resign-flynn/story?id=70615677&fbclid=IwAR1xHfoiJNFjxKd8fhM5WNklfijmKVpJqbEdX6JZy-91xhJtIziVDJhpF9M&fbclid=IwAR0uaq9xFcuetyRSUAOVwU6fR0sdBFanA9jszTAv0tMQgrLAFtpig8RPvnw
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

All ex Obama appointed typists, receptionists, stockroom denizens and assorted lard assed bureaucrats? So friggen what.

Another worthless bit of reportage from the barely literate rat media.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Make it 20,000 or 200,000 former employees, it will make no difference.
Who cares?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
ABC reports?

How many of these 2000, were folks like GS-3 File Clerks?

Nothing can believed coming from the MSM in this day and age.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Reflects badly on the DOJ, which he are learning is a steaming shithole.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EdinVA

2000 EX-FBI,?  Talk about bloated bureaucracy... They have to be stepping all over each other

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
"Former DoJ officials" are a dime a dozen in an agency that large.  Those signatures and $2 will get you a cup of coffee.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

"Former DoJ officials" are a dime a dozen in an agency that large.  Those signatures and $2 will get you a cup of coffee.
There are over 119,000 employees for the DOJ currently.

Likely much more than that are former employees of the DOJ.

So 2000 likely is less than 1%.

This is nothing.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This is a letter from the exact same group claiming to be 2,000 "former DOJ Officials" that demanded Barr resign because of Roger Stone.  Here's the February letter linked from an ABC story in February:

https://medium.com/@dojalumni/doj-alumni-statement-on-the-events-surrounding-the-sentencing-of-roger-stone-c2cb75ae4937

And here's the letter linked in this ABC News story about General Flynn:

https://medium.com/@dojalumni/doj-alumni-statement-on-flynn-case-7c38a9a945b9

I think we can safely assume this is the same caliber of bullshit in both letters.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
If Barr were worth a good BM, 50% of the 120,000 employees would be purged.  Obama fatten up the ranks of the government employees big time as POTUS.  You could scale back all agencies by 50%, and this government would not skip a beat. All vacated positions should be red shirted, with no exception.

What I have witnessed is an extreme case of diminishing returns with the number of people working in the different agencies, etc, including and particularly the CDC.  The project work that fits in the category of do this, but if we do not do this, no one will care constitutes about 50% of what they are doing.  In fact, I laughed heartily when several senators today thanked the medical folks for all the hard work they have done in conjunction with this virus, and the fact is the CDC has done little, little to nothing.  Only in the past month have they come alive to work on this virus.  Almost all of them sat at home doing very little prior to a month ago.  They quit doing contact tracing which made no sense to me early on.  I understand stopping in breakout cities like New York, but there were areas of the country where there were only a handful of infected folks, and contact tracing would have been extremely helpful.

Also, the CDC sat quiet when idiots like Gov Cuomo made the decision to put folks infected with the virus in nursing homes, which when I first heard it, I thought totally asinine.  Where was the CDC guidance then?  Nonexistent, that's where.

To say I am not the least bit impressed by Dr Fauci or Dr Redfield would be an understatement.  Both these characters are deficient in their roles.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 08:40:07 pm by jafo2010 »

Offline libertybele

If Barr were worth a good BM, 50% of the 120,000 employees would be purged.  Obama fatten up the ranks of the government employees big time as POTUS.  You could scale back all agencies by 50%, and this government would not skip a beat. All vacated positions should be red shirted, with no exception.

What I have witnessed is an extreme case of diminishing returns with the number of people working in the different agencies, etc, including and particularly the CDC.  The project work that fits in the category of do this, but if we do not do this, no one will care constitutes about 50% of what they are doing.  In fact, I laughed heartily when several senators today thanked the medical folks for all the hard work they have done in conjunction with this virus, and the fact is the CDC has done little, little to nothing.  Only in the past month have they come alive to work on this virus.  Almost all of them sat at home doing very little prior to a month ago.  They quit doing contact tracing which made no sense to me early on.  I understand stopping in breakout cities like New York, but there were areas of the country where there were only a handful of infected folks, and contact tracing would have been extremely helpful.

Also, the CDC sat quiet when idiots like Gov Cuomo made the decision to put folks infected with the virus in nursing homes, which when I first heard it, I thought totally asinine.  Where was the CDC guidance then?  Nonexistent, that's where.

To say I am not the least bit impressed by Dr Fauci or Dr Redfield would be an understatement.  Both these characters are deficient in their roles.

Honestly, I haven't been impressed with Barr....no one has been indicted yet.  Lots of evidence is coming forth; he's a lot of talk and no action.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

Honestly, I haven't been impressed with Barr....no one has been indicted yet.  Lots of evidence is coming forth; he's a lot of talk and no action.
@libertybele
Tomorrow...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Slide Rule

If the former DOJ employees were still employed there, that would make a fine
beginning list for terminations. Best practice is to clear the decks when taking
a new spot. This is an old lesson. Bring in your old team as the old ones have
a different master.

Officials? Like they were or are in some elevated position to know?

Malcontents trying to make some story.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline PeteS in CA

How many of those 2K were canned for cause or "resigned" before that happened?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I am a results guy.  So far, not one indictment.  I listened for years about the great Trey Gowdy, 'never lost a case as prosecutor', etc, etc.  And the RESULTS of all his investigations....a BIG FAT NOTHING!!!!

Do not hold your breath in regard to folks being indicted....FOR ANYTHING!!!

And Trump betrayed justice when he said at the start of his administration that 'Hillary Clinton was to be left alone'.  Her and Bill should both receive the Rosenberg treatment for Uranium One...Left alone.  Trump lost some credibility when that happened.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 01:46:22 am by jafo2010 »