Author Topic: Coronavirus CAN enter the body through the eyes: Scientists find eye cells are a prime target for th  (Read 395 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Coronavirus CAN enter the body through the eyes: Scientists find eye cells are a prime target for the deadly virus to attach to

The coronavirus latches onto ACE-2 receptors, known as the 'gateway' into cells
    Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine found ACE-2 in the eyes
    It means if infected droplets land on the eye, the virus can begin infiltrating 
    It may also explain why some patients have suffered conjunctivitis
    Here’s how to help people impacted by Covid-19

By Vanessa Chalmers Health Reporter For Mailonline

Published: 09:29 EDT, 10 May 2020 | Updated: 11:59 EDT, 10 May 2020

Scientists have claimed the coronavirus can enter the body through the eyes after finding they contain a protein used by the infection to bind to cells.

The coronavirus - scientifically called SARS-CoV-2 - latches onto ACE-2 receptors, known as the 'gateway' into cells inside body.

These receptors are found in the respiratory tract and the lungs, which is where the virus first infiltrates cells, as well as other organs.

A team led by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine have now found the eyes produce ACE-2, making them a target for the virus.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8304781/Coronavirus-enter-body-eyes.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

So I should wear my mask over my eyes? 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
First a mask and now a pair of goggles I bet..

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The first COVID case in my area was someone who apparently caught it by getting it in her eye. Pinkeye was her first symptom—and that was how they were able to trace it to a salon appointment, and not a "mass gathering."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024