Author Topic: Infectious disease expert: 'We are going to see a growth in cases' in coming weeks  (Read 510 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Infectious disease expert: 'We are going to see a growth in cases' in coming weeks
By Zack Budryk - 05/10/20 11:14 AM EDT

Columbia University infectious diseases expert Jeffrey Shaman predicted Sunday that the U.S. will see a growth in coronavirus cases in coming weeks as some states loosen restrictions.

Shaman said on NBC’s “Meet the Press” that Trump administration officials have not taken full advantage of the past eight weeks of near-total lockdowns, saying that the period would have “benefitted enormously from consistent messaging” from the White House.

“We do need to start picking ourselves up where we are” he said, pointing to countries that appear to have successfully contained the spread of the virus, such as South Korea, Germany and New Zealand.

“They did this because they tested so aggressively and they used contact tracing and they were able to quarantine people who were becoming infectious,” he said.  “Once you’ve done that, then you’re in this position of strength where reopening the economy is not going to lead necessarily to the rebound in cases that I’m expecting, given this patchwork response that we have right now and the reopenings taking place in some states.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/497011-infectious-disease-expert-we-are-going-to-see-a-growth-in-cases-in
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Another "expert" chimes in. *****rollingeyes*****

Yeah, South Korea, where one barhopper exposed over 1000 people and forced the entire city of Seoul to shut down its bars again... look, folks, contact tracing has its limits.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This guy is a meteorologist posing as an expert in influenza.

http://youtu.be/i9PUhY9Ouvo
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

I heard another 'expert' claim Corona virus sufferers will die ten years earlier than they would have had they not caught the bug.

The beauty of that they can frighten you into staying shut in today, but you have to wait the rest of your lifetime to find out if they are correct.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Shaman said on NBC’s “Meet the Press” that Trump administration officials have not taken full advantage of the past eight weeks of near-total lockdowns, saying that the period would have “benefitted enormously from consistent messaging” from the White House.

It always comes down to "Bad Orange Man fails to say the words I wanted him to say!"  Not a word about the inconsistency that's from places like WHO and CDC.

It reminds me of something I read about arguing with people.  They are only happy with your argument if their opinions come out of your mouth instead of theirs.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

Ummmmm, didn't GA open-up-ish 2 or 3 weeks ago? Has there been a large surge in new cases?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Ummmmm, didn't GA open-up-ish 2 or 3 weeks ago? Has there been a large surge in new cases?
From what little I have seen, the situation continues to improve. Turns out, people have largely been able to govern themselves.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline cato potatoe

Not especially.  There are around 31,000 cases and the death rate is around half the national average.  On the other hand, over 1.6 million Georgians are now unemployed. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
'Testing' and 'tracing' are just part of the liberal verbage smokescreen. Something to scream and point at Trump for political advantage.

Unless you're constantly being tested, it's going to be pretty worthless when you contract next week what you tested negative for today.

And on that note, has their even been a cheap, consistent, and reliable testing product put out yet?

Don't even get me started on tracing. Unless your social circle is closed, trying to trace gets exponential real fast.

From what I can read, what really seems to spread the virus is continuous exposure in close quarters where people grind down their immunity as they breathe and rebreathe the same air, like in nursing homes, subways, or prisons.

Which correlates to why less populated areas and spaces aren't getting the big spikes.

The Republic is lost.