Author Topic: Gavin Newsom: California not going 'back to normal' until there is a vaccine  (Read 667 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/gov-newsom-california-not-going-back-to-normal-until-theres-a-vaccine

Gavin Newsom: California not going 'back to normal' until there is a vaccine
by Andrew Mark Miller | May 07, 2020 01:27 PM
California Gov. Gavin Newsom told residents in his state not to expect life to go back to normal from the coronavirus pandemic until after a vaccine is rolled out.

“We’re not going back to normal," Newsom said during a Tuesday press conference. "It’s a new normal, with adaptations and modifications, until we get to immunity and a vaccine.”

Newsom added in a statement that while the state is moving forward to “Stage 2” of the reopening process, people will still have to cope with other restrictions imposed by the state going forward.

Those goalposts are self-propelled, maybe even turbocharged.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

This is the new normal?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This is the new normal?

It's a definition of the word "normal" that we were previously unfamiliar with.  It's been "La La Land" since before I became a Zonie.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline The_Reader_David

More absurd absolutism of the sort we heard earlier from Fauci.

There are three conditions any one of which would suffice to make a return to the old normal possible:

(1) an effective vaccine
(2) herd immunity (quite possibly close if the numbers from recent studies using antibody testing suggesting the infection rate is something upward of 25 times as large as the rate of infections confirmed by testing or clinical diagnostic criteria for the serious symptoms)

or

(3) development of treatment protocols that push the mortality rate (in case mortality rate terms) down to levels comparable to a seasonal flu.

People don't like to talk about the last one because it requires making a risk assessment, but it's a risk assessment of the same sort we all make with out much conscious thought when we got to work or shopping or on vacation during flu season, or for that matter when we drive somewhere.

Even short of that something like the old normal with old folks and those at elevated medical risk being sheltered should be possible, though that's trickier since to pull it off well requires some sensible policy decisions that might cost money and become a political football, and thus never happen because Trump. (No, that's not saying he'll be the one to stand in the way:  he might, but at least as likely is that the rabid opposition to him from the left could stand in the way).
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This is the new normal?

For the lib states. Now that they've realized the benefits of a closed, centrally commanded economy, and especially mail-in voting, they're going to milk this as long as they can.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

Do we really believe California would cut benefits for an illegal who doesn't get tested?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'm betting Newsom will keep things from "returning to normal" until 100% of children and adults have taken the elusive vaccine. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm betting Newsom will keep things from "returning to normal" until 100% of children and adults have taken the elusive vaccine.

I would think he'd relent before then, as a practical matter.  But then, I've been horribly wrong in predicting the insane crap they do.  This is beyond the insane crap they say!  Early lesson for me, learned from the antics of Coleman Young, the former Mayor of Deetroit.  He applauded "white flight" because he saw it as strengthening his electoral prospects.  Well, it's obviously true (the people who fled were mostly middle-class Republicans), but incredibly destructive to the local economy.  I guess you don't have to worry about things like that, when welfare is the city's "town industry."

I've driven through Deetroit a few times back in the 70's, and it was still block after block of burned out buildings and boarded up windows, years after the riots.  I suspect it's still like that today.  Haven't been there in >40 years now.  Who the Heck wants to go there?  I know several people from there, and they all agree it's a place to be "from," if you get my drift.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Should you test positive and other members of your household negative, the State of California will take your kids..."temporarily" and place them in foster care.

This not only asserts dominion over your body, but your children as well.

First slavery, then the lash.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Offline PeteS in CA

I think the target date is November 4, 2020, :sarc: . 22222frying pan
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

This isn't specifically directed to California. In fact, it applies to several states, but still seemed appropriate to a discussion of Gov. Newsom:
Matt Couch @RealMattCouch

I can't wait to see the look on the faces of the sheep when they roll out the new slogan of "Get Tested or Get Arrested" in a month or so... It's coming, and you're just nodding and accepting this Draconian BullSh*t!
11:40 AM · May 10, 2020

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This isn't specifically directed to California. In fact, it applies to several states, but still seemed appropriate to a discussion of Gov. Newsom:

That Matt Couch really knows where his towel is....
I will NOT comply.